Frito-Lay Employee Reviews in Plano, TX

Found 108 reviews matching the search See all 4,822 reviews
Best snack food company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 20, 2016
Frito-Lay was a great place to work for 32+ years!

Being able to build a reputation and image that is desirable for promotions.

Learning the different styles of Management and being able to acclimate to those different styles.

Co-workers always fun, always changing and it takes great skill to deal with different personalities.

My most enjoyable part of the Company was being able to work in the Field at two MFG plants. The Field is much different from HQ, but they both have their fine points.

Second to most enjoyable was Event Planning and implementing every piece of each event. Very rewarding to have a successful event. I never had a bad event!
Pros
Available promotions
Cons
None really
Exciting, hardwork but so fun and we had a gym at the facility.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Applying checks for multi-billion dollar company and auditing invoices for invalid promotions was my everyday job, I loved finding out why a promotion was either not granted or was taken outside the window. I learned so much from Frito-Lay and it gave me the tools I needed when obtaining my job at Old Orchard. Management was great, but just as you were getting to know a new manager, we would get a new one so it was a little hard getting to know that person. I loved working with all my co-workers we helped each other during crunch time which was always right before Christmas. The hardest part was getting invalid deductions paid back or obtaining backup, but it was a challenge I loved the most.
Pros
Inhouse gym, great benefits and great salary.
Engineering support 20-15 project engineers
Manager Coordinator Engineering (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 4, 2015
Support engineers for 32 plants.
Purchase orders in oracle and ariba.
Uat testing for ariba 2015
Capital engineering projects
Pepsico contrat manangement
Pros
Something new every day
Cons
Need more employees
Productive and Fun Culture
Marketing / Analyst, Military Channel (Former Employee) –  Plano, TxOctober 15, 2015
Very fast paced environment, inclusive and diverse. I worked for Frito-Lay for 27 years, have been retired for just a little over a year and would go back to Frito in a heartbeat. The best part is the people!
Great workflow and no micro-management
Analytical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Great company to work for, if you are a contractor it may take a lot longer to get full time than you would expect. Great colleagues and very laid back and low stress. (as long as you do your job)
Cons
contractor pay is sub par
Great Vibe for a Massive Company
Senior Training Design Architect (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 9, 2015
As a contractor at Frito Lay, I was impressed by the consistent energy that fills the halls. I enjoyed the great majority of the tasks I was able to contribute to, and unlike many firms, contractors are given a lot of autonomy. The work was consistently challenge, with the only knock being that is was also VERY fast-paced. Deadlines were often very aggressive, so one needs seasoning to be able to keep up with the pace.
Pros
Large campus with a comfortable work environment
Cons
Often very short delivery windows, many remote managers
fun atmosphere
Internship (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 26, 2015
Very laid back, can get crazy at times. Very fun to work in. much down time, the people here are great. Different type of work everyday, non consistent.
Excellent company
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 21, 2015
In this position I filed maintained a large portfolio of international trademarks and domain names in numerous countries. This required good organizational skills as I had to manage multiple deadlines.

Also managed prosecution of intellectual property and worked with outside counsel to litigate infringement cases and negotiate settlements.
Pros
Close to home and good working atomosphere.
Cons
Really heavy workload.
Excellent Atmosphere
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 16, 2015
Scanned all incoming materials for distribution throughout the headquarters building located in Plano,Tx. Learned some on Excel and word to better our computer skills. Never had any interaction with the manager. co-workers were very good. we had an excellent team and enjoyed each others company. the hardest part of the job was receiving a lot of damaged material from the plants throughout the country. we had a lot of time off example for corporate get together's and time with your family.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
A lot of interruption during the day.
Inclusive Culture
West Division Finance Manager - Selling Expense (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 15, 2015
Frito Lay has a great culture to learn by and advance your career. Most managers help you get to the next level. My co-workers are helpful and work together to succeed as a group.
Great company to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Management in the Jacksonville Fl. office needs training on hiring before they get sued for working potential employees for 10 hours on a "route ride". Then say oh no we hired someone else. Of course it was a holiday weekend and I know that sales of products goes up then. Jacksonville has a bunch of ruthless shady managers. They need a shakeup at that office.
Great place to get in the door!
Meeting Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Lots of career potential awaits, lots to learn, yet the instability of departmental cutbacks or lay-offs could/will happen.
Pros
Great company to work for w/growth potential
Cons
Departmental cutbacks
Great place to build a career
Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Wonderful coworkers who are very caring and encouraging.
Management allows workers to do their jobs and does not micro manage.
Pros
Great environment and great people
Cons
Being employed on a contract based
Great work culture
MICROWAVE PROCESSING IN ADVANCED R&D (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Frito Lay is a wonderful company to work for. The work and projects are fun, the people are great, and it's an imaginative place where you can make a difference.
Pros
Great work culture
awesome
Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2015
awesome place to work, they really care about their employees
Found the position to be intellectualy challenging and fullfilling.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST/PROJECT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2015
To be honest, at first I was a bit disappointed at not being able to continue my career as a Programmer/Developer (mainly due to out-sourcing), however I was given enough leway to make my new position as a Business Systems Analyst, my own. By being able to 'back into the Business' by being able to read the COBOL code, I was able to quickly underastand the vast complexity of FLNA's 'home-grown code' and was able to uniquely identify myself as an employee who had a full understanding of both the Business and the Technical Side of the Field Sales Accounting. And as the coporate model began to shift more and more towards a fully out-sourced technical development 'shop', the scope of my role continually expanded, as I soon found myself, on any given day, being both a business analyst and technical lead, writing code-specs for new systems requriements for the off-shore, and then taking on the role as QA for the test code coming back to onshore. Furthermore, I was able to find both the Technial and Business issues as they presented themselves.
Pros
Challenging position forced me to grow in both my skill set and as subject matter expert
Cons
Corporate finally began offshoring the business analysts too and I found myself doing the work of 3, leading me quickly to burnout.
Overall 5
Region Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 8, 2014
Very engaged and fast pace environment. Work across several location; therefore, extensive travel was required. Highly engaged teams and dedicated employees. Continued improving practices and processes to remain front runner in the industry.
Pros
Highly engaged teams
Cons
Extensive travel
Time demanding position with leadership responsibilities
SENIOR MARKETING SERVICES BUSINESS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 19, 2014
I worked with all of the corn based products for Frito-Lay. That included such products as Tostitos, Doritos, Cheetos, etc. I wrote business proposals based on weekly task force meetings, generally led by the Marketing Manager but I filled in as lead when they were not available. My task was to garner information from all the various teams within Frito-Lay and put this data into a business proposal. Once all development, sales, engineering, product supply, etc. data was gathered and entered into a proposal, it was my job to make sure that each department in the proposal to sign off in a timely manner or to understand and assist with any issues. This information in the proposal affected production times at manufacturing plants.
Pros
Excellent opportunity for cross training and learning what other departments contribute
Cons
Total task force meeting time took up one complete day of a work week.
Very Good Job
Resident Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 4, 2014
One of the best companies that I had the pleasure of working for. Very professional management staff
nice work place.quite busy
R & D - QA Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  plano txOctober 14, 2014
nice place to work. temporaries also treated as part of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Frito-Lay.

Powered by Comparably