Frito-Lay Employee Reviews for Material Handler

Found 173 reviews matching the search See all 4,506 reviews
Decent pay but unpredictable hours at times
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIMay 8, 2019
Frito-Lay is a great company on paper. Work was smooth but exhausting at times. Holidays are the busy hours and expect to spend them in the warehouse. Management is an entry-level position for new grads while the employees are mostly grown men with families, there is a disconnect. Overall, hours are there if you like OT most of the time and work is mindless.
Fast paced fun environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 24, 2019
I recommend applying at frito lay. You will get your hours. You will most definitely get in shape. The pay was good and they always had nice perks. Good luck
Think twice before working at a distribution center
Material Handler/Forklift (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 19, 2019
Lack of career advancement, even when overly qualified for positions.
A lot has to be done to improve quality of life working at distribution centers.
Not worth your sanity and health
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIMarch 22, 2019
Managers don't communicate with each-other and will scold you if you don't know the 'basics' that you were never taught. When there's an issue, nobody knows what will happen. Make sure you don't fall ill during flu season, you may get let go. You work until the work is done; a lot of overtime is required. It's five days a week, usually 13-14 hour days, although we've had plenty of 16's. I worked full-time in the beginning and went part-time. I was told that I would work 28 hours for part-time, and it's a position that you work three days a week. I was working 36+ hours a week, in three days time, for their so-called PT. The training is a joke. I found out a month and a half in that I should have been clocking into a different job code for the first ten minutes of my shift. They had me take a quiz before I started- it involved things that I had never worked with and didn't know the names of. I wish I would've failed it so I didn't have to experience working there.

I kept in contact with someone who was still there after I left. They told me they've recently had 20+ hour days. You still have to be on time for your next shift if you work the day after. There isn't a union.

It's a great job if you never want a social life and desire a sore body.
Pros
Insurance, 401k
Cons
60+ hour work weeks, poor management and training
work oriented
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 21, 2019
The job is a good place to work. The hardest part is that we're on a rate system ,but overall your future at frito lay is a great way to build a future
Pros
good work environment
Cons
the process to go from part time to full time is a long process
Fast pasted working environment. Great for a starter job, friendly associates.
Warehouse/ Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 21, 2019
Paid weekly. Unlimited chips. Must obtain great job performance periodically or you will be having a meeting about your EP. Must be able to lift or pull around 30 to 50 pounds.
Hard work but the pay is good
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2019
For anyone willing to work long hours its a good place to work. You really have to put up with these "managers" who try and act like they are superiors and can boss you around just because of their college degree.
Pros
Good pay good benefit
Cons
The managers fresh out of college, have no clue what, s going on are just trying to act hard on by writing you up.
Ok
Coordinator, Material Handler, Safety Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 24, 2019
Job is ok just management can be unfair in the way they do things. Seems they only act when someone gets hurt or something will make them look bad. Managment covers for management on issues against another.
No work/ life balance at all!!!!!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDFebruary 9, 2019
They work you to death and you will not have anytime for a personal life...Get ready to work, work, work, work, work, work!!!!! It takes a toll on your physical and mental being after so long....To each their own but not for me...I need, and have to have work/ life balance!!!!
Pros
Very good pay, and you'e paid weekly!
Cons
Constant forced Overtime, no personal life, work is hard on your body!
good company good benifets
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDFebruary 7, 2019
Would love to work there again good people good hours the work is hard but its family friendly and hires family members as well.my supervisor was very understanding.
Horrible
Warehouse/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILJanuary 26, 2019
I will do illegal things to make money before I go back to that place. It was probably one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had! They had people running the show that didn’t have any type of experience. The only reason they had their position is because they had some sort of degree.
Pros
Honestly can’t think of any
Cons
Write ups for using your “paid sick days”, Very short breaks for the amount of work. Walking 10-15 miles a day pulling carts
I think the ep system discourages alot of people. Will write you up even when youre still in youre 90 day training.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 20, 2019
Don't think it's fair when they use a flawed employee tracking system. It destroys me everytime when I work.. Dont want to stick around. Maybe they should do away with the system and try a different approach with their employees.
Great environment
Warehouse/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 19, 2019
A culture that is a great bunch of people and where is time to move in a career. The pay is a great benefit for us then alot of jobs out there.The supervisors are great to work with always caring about your well being .
Pros
breaks and pay rate
Cons
the temperature of the warehouse.
Organization as a Company is lacking.
Material Handler and Inventory team (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Management never handled serious issues in a serious manner. Guidelines and rules the company did not follow. No one ever came and applied any authority. It was a very dangerous environment to work in, i got threatened at work did the correct procedures, had a witness and they still tried to make me return to work with that employee. When i said no i refused to do that, they tried to buy me out of the job.
Good pay and Benefits, BUT.........
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2019
when I first started at frito lays. During three weeks of training I was pressured to succeed at production expectations causing health problems due to the fast paced production that I was not accustomed too. But all the company could think about was me getting my production numbers. Although the pay and benefits are good. The work load take away from the benefits. You can’t enjoy any time off because there is always forced overtime and you’re penalized if you turn it down. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone unless you’re fit and don’t have anything to do with your life but work.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No work/life balance, forced overtime
Very Productive place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 1, 2019
A typical day working at Frito Lay Distribution Center included package handling, picking orders, moving shipping trucks to bay doors, logistics, and shipping and receiving. All co-workers were easy to get along with and everyone worked together as a team.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Forced Overtime
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 29, 2018
Job works 2pm until finish , its partime its 15 miles of walking everday you work. its lifting boxing to pallet and loading on trucks. physically tasking.
N?A
Material Handler/Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 27, 2018
N?A Not sure what to say, I have mix feelings about the time and division we was at the bottom of the list worked the hardest still saw no appreciation. Probably because no one ever spoke up just complained. IDK, but that was then its probably changed in 2018.
Pros
Free lunches, free shipment bags when available
Cons
wasn't updated facility
fun work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDDecember 25, 2018
really enjoy working there the staff is great and i really enjoy what i do while there frito lay makes you feel like a family once you get hired great place to work with great pay
Pros
great staff
Cons
less time with family around holidays
productive
Warehouse/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  BrisbaneDecember 18, 2018
The company is an OK company to work for. You really have to work very hard to meet their quotas for the number of cases that you pick which is 250 per hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight