Frito-Lay Employee Reviews for Packer

Found 190 reviews matching the search See all 4,481 reviews
Packer (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INApril 29, 2019
Frito lay is a very good company to work for. I honestly was very sad to go . The people are amazing and are very helpful when need be . The training is aweaome and you get what you need to preform the job properly.
Great pay
Packer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 23, 2019
I worked in cheetohs packaging and I loved it, but the people in potato chips are not pleasant, and slack off... Paid every Friday too! It gets very hot in some spots, can get stressful, and my advice would be keep to yourself, nobody is your friend.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Forced overtime
Loved this job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2019
Loved this job! I loved the environment and the people. My co workers were great and the managers were also. I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested in working for frito lay..
Just a waste of a plant.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNApril 21, 2019
Worst place to work. Favoritism is here and in effect. They work the mess out of good employees and be cool with the lazy ones. You ask a question and the people get smart with you or talk to you like you slow. The ones that do the schedule make up rules for the ones they don't care for. Over all the whole plant needs to shut down and start COMPLETELY OVER. New hr crew new management and new way they run things here. It's just awful and uncoordinated.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Terrible place to work if you have a family at home.
Order Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNApril 15, 2019
Frito Lay does not care about you, or your home life if you have a family at home and like to spend time with them I would not recommend to ANYONE. The only pro to this place is the good pay and insurance
Pros
Pay, and insurance
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid lunch, long hours, no days off, no work/home balance
no home/life balance
Packer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 31, 2019
a typical day would include not knowing where your going to be placed or do for that day, different duties. some employees take advantage of newer associates.
i learned how the products were being made and how will they do care for there equipment and safety.
Management is helpful.
workplace culture is stressful and unfriendly.
the hardest part of the job is the hours and labor is really intense, especially working overnights.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when things are running smoothly and on track.
Pros
enjoyable breaks
Cons
overnights and labor
Productive, nice workplace, nice people around and good management
Packer/Material Ges (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2019
Secured job, good rate, good compensation benefits, good people’s around, very good management, good overtime, fun workplace, more safety when you working.
Pros
Good lunch break, w/ free lunch
Cons
Nice short break, good healthcare
Great company
Sanitor/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 25, 2019
Great company the employees, supervisors, and benefits where all great. Fantastic company to work for. I had great team members. Lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Paid time off
Fast paced and tiring
Fryer Operator/packer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 24, 2019
Great coworkers, terrible management, poor work life balance, no advancement opportunities. The employees are really unappreciated their. You work every weekend unless you've been there 15 years you might get a Saturday off on graveyard shift.
Pros
Free chips
Cons
Short breaks. No pay raise. Management. Hot year round. Lots of gossip and drama
Interesting Fun and Competitive.
Machinist, Packer, Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA 17701March 21, 2019
Fast paced Invenvironment that keeps you on toe's, Rotated every hour to different machine, You goto lunch with another person, but not all people.

As you have enough to remember per machine to manage in your thoughts but enough to keep you working, Instruction are at almost every machine of how to with more complex machines.

Maintenance is Ready when needed.
Pros
Fast work Competitive, friendly, always some new, chanced with Frito Lay.
Cons
Fast paced not hard to over pack box or not enough, Warm sometimes to much, mositure machine work to good.
Friendly place
PACKER (Current Employee) –  UtahMarch 16, 2019
It is a place with friendly people and a nice work environment. It is a place where there are many job opportunities and ways to move up in the company.
This was 16 years ago but was a good place to work
Hand Packer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 12, 2019
Good place to work was fast paced but made days go by fast no longer located in council bluffs I would work for them again there was advancement if you applied yourself and worked for it
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Plant closed
The place to work at if you want overtime
Sani/Packer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 5, 2019
Its hard work but very satisfying.As long as you do your work, management is very laid back. Great benefits and if you are looking to make the most amount of money and work as much as you can then this is the place for you.
Good place to work, but be prepared for forced OT
Packer (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 21, 2019
Good place to work, but be prepared for forced OT. Breaks given by order of seniority. Fast paced and labor intensive. Good interpersonal atmosphere. Company hosts nice employee events. Yearly workboot and uniform allowance.
Fun place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 18, 2019
Working fast pace next to others picking chips in a box. Stacking boxes how ever many high to get the count. Cleaning the line after each product brand changes like from cheese to sour cream. Washing down machines putting all back together after each seasoning. Starting the line back up with another product,
I love and missnmy job at frito lay
Packer (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 14, 2019
Really want to come back and work for.the core plant in Frankfort indiana, I loved my.job was having co.plicatiins with my back, and am now.100 percent better and just want to come back and work at the Frankfort core plant
great place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 1, 2019
Liked being active on my job. Lots of great benefits, great place to work! I enjoyed working with all the people and learning something new every day! I also enjoyed helping others in training and being a mentor.
Factory Work
Packer, Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 30, 2019
Its a great paying job, very physical, long hrs of overtime, by seniority. Dangerous working conditions. Company does not take care of, their employees when hurt. They are self insured.
Not .much personal or family time.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
your job and the people you work with, are your family
Im new and will be starting soon.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlJanuary 3, 2019
Got a email on 12/11 to do a automated interview. On 12/13 got another email to do a face to face interview. Had a interview with manager and a supervisor at the same time on 12/18. It went well and was told if I was selected I'll hear something within 2 weeks. Went home and got a call within 3 hours saying I had been selected and was offered the position. Did my drug test (urine) and background check on 12/22 and I start Jan.8th for training. The entire process took about a week and a half. Hopefully i have a great experience working here. I'm so ready to start!😊
Very good job to start a career with and retire with.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXDecember 30, 2018
Jealous employees are cut throat upset with new employees starting off as full time. Instead of helping you fix small problems they will try to get you in trouble or fired purposely.
Pros
Salary is nice
Cons
Hatred and jealousy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight