Frito-Lay Employee Reviews for Route Sales Representative

Found 1,015 reviews matching the search See all 4,478 reviews
Company does not care about there employed
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 15, 2019
The company just treat me like a number at the end of my career did not care one bit about me leaving plus they stretched out my final pay over three weeks
Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
unorganized
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 15, 2019
not organized and management was poor. Left hand never knew what right hand was doing. Hours were ok but Chinese overtime was not a benefit. Pay the overtime and workers would stay.
It's just chips...
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 15, 2019
Seriously, it's just chips. But, you waste your life away pleasing everyone from each and every store manager, assistant store manager, department managers, back door receivers, other vendors, your own peers, and not forgetting, each and every upset customer.
Pros
Benifits and pay.
Cons
Working hours are twice that of time off. Working without breaks for 14 hours.
Only if your desperate
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fanning Springs, FLMay 15, 2019
Long hours for low pay. The 50k salary is just a dangling carrot. You can only achieve that figure if you hit every goal that they give you. You must meet a “plan” dollar amount of sales to achieve any bonus. And they get to decide what they want that plan to be. But for every percent you are under their “plan” you lose 5% of your bonus. So after a year of working there sometimes 65-70 hours a week but always more than 55. I earned little more than 10 an hour on average. You will have no family life or time off. Even though you are given paid time off, just try and take it. Management is a joke (especially in the Fanning Springs, Florida area). You become a slave to your route with no assistance. If you take time off, you will return to your route being wrecked if it was even ran while you were gone and Frito Lay will just tell you that it is your problem to deal with. Management does not provide any support. Even required items to function was always an issue to get such as gloves or required traffic cones or even a hand cart to pull your product in with. I would seriously think twice before going this route
Pros
You get paid weekly
Cons
Everything Else
Long Hours/ take away pay/ change route
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMay 14, 2019
Frito Lay was not a fun place to work. They would change sales targets randomly.

Could have been a worthwhile place but they decided to reroute you when you built your route and give to new hires and pay only half of what you would have made and required you to rebuild route just to start it all over again.
Used to be a good place to work
Route Salesman (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2019
Pay changed in December 2018 and it has been very dificult to keep up with bills, specially living in Raleigh is expensive. Who decided to change the pay in Raleigh messed up everyones lives.
Pros
Alone
Cons
No advancement
Good paying job
Route Sales Representative/ Vendor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2019
The pay is good. If you like working along with no one looking over your shoulder. This is the place for you. The manager are ok just be careful and always cover your tail.
Great place to work if you manage your time well....
Route Sales Representatvie (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2019
I loved my job at Frito-Lay. It was great money, great management. I had a series of unfortunate events happened in my life that caused me to lose focus and mismanage my time. I got into deep hole in my route and didn't have a way out, and was too ashamed to ask for help. They did what they had to for their business. I say to anyone looking to work for frito-lay, this is a great company, with great pay. If you get the chance to work with them, do it! Just make sure that you manage your time, and it'll be one of the best jobs you've ever had.
Not the best
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 2, 2019
long, hot, hard days. if you make sales goals the pay is great. if not... good luck making ends meet. the management wasnt the best but people did help out when they could.
Investors come first, employees second
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2019
Since the change in pay by performance, I made less money and worked more hours. Say something about it and you are deemed to have a poor attitude, they will push you out the door. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this company.
Pros
Good co employees
Cons
no home life, pay is decreasing, no attention to the job itself
Place sucks
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 1, 2019
Bad work environment. Lack of training and management. Don’t help you in the field. Expect you to hit ridiculous numbers made up by them. Constantly finding ways to take money from you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No home life
Recent changes make it tough
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTApril 28, 2019
Given a new pay structure they rolled out, this job has you working a lot of hours for little benefit. Your pay is based off of achievement or exceeding sales plan, but they can change it on a whim.
Cons
Little idea of what you’ll actually be paid
This company couldn’t care less about their employees! Don’t work here!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 27, 2019
There were weeks I worked 70+ hours without seeing my new born child. When I first started working here the hiring manager stressed the importance the company placed on work life balance. What a bunch of bs. This should have been a dead give away. They didn’t care about anything except themselves and the companies well being. Terrible company with equally as terrible management. Stay away!
Pros
It use to be the pay. Cut pay with same outrageous expectations.
Cons
Terrible company.
Stressful expections, great relationship building with store management.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLApril 27, 2019
Frito-Lay becomes your entire life when hired. I personally worked 60 hours a week and there was no way to reduce this time. There is always something new to be done in the market just when you think you might have it figured out. I typically arrived at work at 4am and most of the time did not return to my house until 7pm. Having a family, this put major stress on us. Towards the end of my employment, I was even running other routes on my days off because turnover was so high. I was constantly in trouble for stales, but my sales plan, that Frito-Lay decides each period, was so high that I had to oversell in all of my accounts leading to a high volume of stales, which would not have been a problem if the Company also gave me a reasonable plan for unsaleables each week. Good rotation was not enough. Trying to keep up with this seemingly impossible sales plan just became too much and 60 hours in a week was still not enough time to successfully accomplish this. On top of this, the Company, or DSL, forces in product on a regular basis that most of the time you have no place for, and the product does not sell, but it is your problem. If you are thinking about a job at Frito-Lay, consider this really hard that this is not an easy job. It seems easy on the surface, but the company can make it really hard for you, and it will consume your entire life. After almost a year, I ran out as fast as I could.
Pros
Pay
Cons
High sales plan, low unsaleables plan. High stress. A lot of hours.
Fun company to grow into and manage your own
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 19, 2019
What I love the most about working for Frito Lay is the feeling of owning my own business and getting to conduct my own ways of running my route that fit me best.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Hours
Constantly working long hours not flexible at all
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 18, 2019
My experience working at Frito-Lay is not good. Management is always changing. No real stability in the company. So many ware and tear on your body with constant movement and fast pace job. Pay not really worth it never really hit plan except Super Bowl week
Productive and friendly place too work.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 18, 2019
When I first started at Frito Lay what really stood out to me was that the other employees.
They were great at helping, giving information when needed, respectful and fun to be around.
13 years ago I found something I am proud of doing for a living. (RSR) I am good at this line of work and fell in love with the challenges it brought me every day.
Pros
Free lunches at meetings.
Cons
Lack of management.
Not a bad pace to work.
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2019
Management was a revolving door for college kids. Very hard to move up with your career there. It put food in the table for my family for 6 years tho!
A Dying Company, Profits over People.
Route Sales Representative (RSR) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 17, 2019
In the last couple of years Frito Lay has gone through radical change. They took away commission, they've condensed routes into mega routes heavily reliant on merchandisers that don't care about the stores. If they call out, we are screwed now, vs in the past the routes were still a moderate size to where it could be handled without them if they didn't show up. Communication is the worst I've ever seen it, moral is the worse I've ever seen it. You're expected to hit sales numbers but if our warehouse is out of stock for days of products there is zero adjustment on sales plan numbers even if it is entirely out of our control. Within a few years from now our position will hardly exist. We will end up just being merchandisers making garbage money while semi trucks deliver our products. Profits, that's all the matters to this company, profits and stock prices.
Pros
Other drivers are cool, decent pay for now
Cons
No commission, lack of support, lack of communication, lack of proper upper level management, Horrible moral.
No day was ever the same
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Summit, ILApril 15, 2019
When you start, you run routes on someone else’s route in case of absence or while on vacation. Each manager of each district has completely different expectations which incredibly lacks consistency. Plan-o-grams aren’t followed so most times you can’t tell what’s going on or where to put what while bringing in an order. It’s Union so you have to bid on routes as they become available and it goes by seniority. Until you’re about to get a route, start times and work/off days change weekly as you bounce from route to route. You don’t make commission either. That only comes when/if you get a route. Downtown Chicago one week and the Far East Side the next. Weeks run Sunday-Saturday they don’t post the schedule for following week until that Friday, only giving you 2 days notice. I can go on. I was there a year and never came close to winning a bid on a route. You can jump routes. So if someone that’s had their route for years bids on an available route, they automatically get it over you.
Pros
Unforgettable relationships built with the business owners
Cons
You’re literally gone, including commuting, 12-14 hours a day. I averaged 60 hours a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight