Frito-Lay Culture reviews

Found 609 reviews matching the search See all 4,799 reviews
good company
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2019
great job i loved working for this company. over all the managemnt is great they work with you to achieve higher goals. they communicate when needed. great pay.
Warehouse Packer GES (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 2, 2019
The new managements that come in have no people skills no management skills they are young right out of college. Other than that it's a great place to work great coworkers.
Questionable Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIAugust 2, 2019
Kaukauna can not keep employees. High turnaround with questionable culture. Selected managment plays by own rules and following mission statement is non existent. HR turnaround is frequent and don't notice, look the otherway or never follow up?
Promises
Sani A/B (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 30, 2019
They promise advance ments for the sani a&b jobs and once you advance it's super competitive and you have to either not ever be home with kids and family and keep your job and cant get sick or go to ER because they will fire you or lay you off if you get your 3 points and will find a way to have pop up surprise meetings that they don't call you to come in early for.. you need to call every day and listen for your number if you work or not.. it's honestly more stressful and more of a hassle than any construction or warehouse job I've ever worked and I grew up in warehouses but way more reasonable environment than frito lays. But I understand they cant give a job with benefits and keep everyone only top people
Independent work
District Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 28, 2019
Did a nice job in terms of rewarding District Sales leaders with outings and company events as recognition. Does not have the best culture of support amongst peers and staffing practices were an opportunity.
No culture or worker appreciation
Pmo (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 28, 2019
When you become employed by Frito lay you are not viewed as a skilled employee you are a body that fills the crewing list.I think one of the main problems is the fact that every new hire starts out with the same pay as everyone else in the same position.You can be the laziest person ever but you still get paid the same as the hardest worker ever
Pros
Pretty good money
Cons
No work place culture
Fast-paced environment
Crewing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 23, 2019
Check messages for call-offs before revising schedule
Reviewed and approved/denied time off requests
Addressed and corrected any and all issues regarding Kronos system (payroll). I learned how to use Excel more proficiently. While workplace culture was not ideal (a lot of underlying favoritism), the job was fine when I was trusted to make the right decisions.
Very fast paced
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 21, 2019
Great people to work for, and fair. You always knew exactly what you needed to do on a day to day basis. If help was needed managers would go out and help.
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 19, 2019
Great place to work just need to be more understanding when it comes to FMLA.... Management could have monitored situations better....HR could've explained occurrences better.
Pros
Great place, Good pay
Cons
More understanding when it comes to FMLA.
Would not reccomed
Packer (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, TNJuly 19, 2019
Worked at frito lay for almost 9 months at the time or writing.
The pay is ok, the benefits are good. But the management (at least on 3rd shift) is horrible. There's a culture of favoritism there where if the management likes you then you can do what you want. With little to no consequences for your actions. It's all about who you know.
Awful company out to suck the life out of the lowest.
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Federal WayJuly 13, 2019
The company culture is to lie up and down and virtually everybody blames the detailers/merchandisers for any and all problems in the stores. Detailers work at night and then morning and every single weekend day and every holiday then find out "there is never a raise" for part time employees. Absolute disregard and underappreciated is what the culture is for merchandisers in this company. This employment is a scam and then they claim Doritos is not making any money after you move a ton and a half of the bagged corn and watch it get gone in three hours. This is the Wal Mart culture of how to mistreat employees only its worse cause its owned by Pepsi, the world wide leader of Fizz.
Fast pacing job.
Co-lead Customer Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 11, 2019
working for Frito Lay is a fast pacing environment. You must know a daily routine and must be able to communicate with customers and management. It has it's rewards and hard days.
Happy atmosphere
I was an independent contractor doing renovations (Former Employee) –  , Los Angeles, Miami, BaltimoreJuly 1, 2019
IT was good interacting with the employees as I was a contractor. Always felt like part of the group. Understood the need to keep the chips moving to the stores. very nice place to work.
Good
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 26, 2019
Good place to work. I loved that it was fast pace. You had your own section to work and everybody was a team and we got the job done daily. I'd recommend people to work here.
Great pay!
ROUTE SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 17, 2019
Great job, good benefits. Away from home too much, so this is not ideal for a young family. Management was helpful and culture was pleasant. I really liked the pay.
It was a fun and welcoming environment
Box repair man (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 11, 2019
It was fun. You got to pick you own hours and it was through my baseball team that many players got to have a job throughout the season and the summer.
Frito-Lay is an amazing company to work for! Worked there for ten years! They are a profit driven company! You have to be a determined to work there!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 1, 2019
I enjoyed my early years with the company! Frito has went thru many changes in the last few years! In efforts to keep the costs down and profits high, they started reducing the salaries of their route sales representatives! This process has started a downward spiral for Frito! In the attempt to cut costs, they have lost the great customer service they were able to provide their customers in the early years! Its sad that in a ten year period I watched a company change dramatically! I’m still a great champion for this company because they do provide their employees with benefits and promotions! In reality if you work hard for Frito, the sky is the limit! Just be careful for some work place politics which can corrupt your work experience! Over all for the most part Frito is a very good and fair company to work for and they even provide tuition assistance to every employee! Its just in the last years of being the profit chasing company it has lost its way in realizing that its the employees that is their strength and backbone of their company! Its those everyday route sales representative making sure that the customers are properly cared for and that the customer relationships are of the greatest importance!!
Pros
Great benefits! Competive wages!!
Cons
Heavy work loads!
Sustained job security
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2019
I absolutely love this company. I miss it for many reasons. I managed to raise my 4 children and work this job. It was a career, more than a job. The employees are a very important part of the company. You belong and matter, and you are operating as a team member. Everyone is included. The earnings are great, the rewards are great. The time off and all benefits are great. Would highly recommend this company. Great retirement plans and benefits.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Chip crumbs from head to toe, lol. No cons for me!
STAY AWAY, no quality of life
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 19, 2019
There's no quality of life. You get assigned a vacation week by seniority which was completely USELESS. (So you get the week nobody wants). Can't take a personal day off to go to a wedding! Even if its an unpaid day.

And I found out that wasnt true. You CAN request an unpaid vacation or personal days! My boss was lying to me. I asked several times.

BEWARE, your assigned a mandatory paid vacation, which has to be paid back if you quit before 6 months, or it goes to a collection agency to ruin your credit.

They are mandatory, and no buy back until after 5 YEARS. So you really have no choice. Your completely set up for a loss. They shouldnt force a vacation on you until after 6 months to be fair.

From what i saw, turn over is huge.. people quit all the time.

As a merchandiser, your worked like a dog, your sales rep doesnt work as a team with you. Your the bottom of the pile. Then they cut the hours to 40 when you need more to complete your route. No time to take legal breaks.

No car allowance for using your car to drive the route. Only mileage between stores. NO break time, even though they say you can take it, the culture is not that way. Most say, WHAT BREAK? Your lucky if you have 2 stores in one day, then you can sit in your car between stores to break.

People blaming you for ie: not rotating product. Take photos to protect yourself. You work alone, but blamed by the next person. Its impossible to do detailed work in the time given. They need to get with the program. People have lives to live. We work to enjoy life. Not retire all broken, too tired
  more... to do anything. Training is horrible. People are not on the same page how stores are worked. Store managements treat you like garbage. Never saw that before. They will call your district manager faster than you can spit. They will kick you out of store. I got screamed at for something their own crew member did. No respect. Seriously.  less
Pros
cant think of anything.
Cons
very hard work, dishonest sales reps, manager
Fun Work Place
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 17, 2019
Managed a twelve person rout sales force. Set Ads with High Volume Retailers.

I learned to work with many different personalities in rout sales.

Fast pace work culture will little supervision from management,

Hardest part: Keeping 12 good rout sales drivers.

Most Enjoyable: Training in the new rout sales person,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K
31.2K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight