Frito-Lay Employee Review

Always something to do
B Mechanic (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 14, 2019
Fast paced. Weekly paychecks. Discounted chips and other Pepsico products in the company store. Most coworkers were super nice and helpful.

Massive backlog of work, but not enough staffing or overtime allowed to address it. As a B mechanic I got scolded for working too many hours. However, the A Mechanics seemed to have unlimited OT available, whether they were covering shifts or going to training.

Manager seemed smart, and nice enough, albeit non communicative and highly critical. I was shocked when he and his boss both approached me and asked me not to quit, after I put in my notice. I appreciated the gesture but already had my mind made up.

Company is short sighted not to promote experienced workers into management. They've filled several management roles with kids fresh out of college who don't really know what's going on. The disconnect there was pretty obvious.

The company offers a retirement pension, but there's not much incentive for me personally to make a career at this place if the company structure only allows me to advance one or two positions in 25 years without a degree.

Frito Lay WVC has its issues like any other workplace, but overall it's a good company that does many things right. Under different circumstances I might have stayed.

Other Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Long hours and difficult targets
Route Sales Representative (RSR) (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 21, 2019
The target goals for frito are very high with a low kickback. Pay by performance salary changed the pay structure to make it hard for an employee to make a greater income. It has been an adjustment that gives the employer a growth in income but a setback for the employee.
Very fast paced
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 21, 2019
Great people to work for, and fair. You always knew exactly what you needed to do on a day to day basis. If help was needed managers would go out and help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Frito-Lay.

Powered by Comparably