Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 4,489 reviews matching the search See all 4,799 reviews
Do not work here
LA Regional Account Manager & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 13, 2019
Very poor management. 0 Advancement opportunities. Worked here for 15years, every year it gets worse. Terribly understaffed for the last 5 years. Just a very poor work environment.
Ok company to work for, while looking for another job with better advancement opportunities.
Sales Merchandiser, PepsiCo (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2019
There is no typical day at work. It all changes day to day.

I've learned more productive ways to enhance my base knowledge in merchandising.

I already have management experience. As for management at Frito-Lay, they are all pretty good, except for the "What have you done for me lately attitude", even if you helped them that day with extra work hours. Also, your chances for advancement only take place if you are buddy/buddy with management and bend over backwards every single day for them.

As for the workplace culture. Everyone usually gets along with everyone. There are rarely issues. People tend to be very genuine and caring and you have the opportunity to meet some great people.

The hardest part of the job is all of the extra work they throw on you and then when you aren't able to do overtime on a specific day, they use that against you when it comes time for advancement opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the job is not having to be stuck in an office all day and having bosses standing over your shoulder. You are able to work having confidence in your own abilities and doing what is best for the company to the best of your abilities.
Money was good..but at what cost
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 13, 2019
Money was good looking at your check..but the work you put in and the punishment that you put on your body..it just doesnt add up...Your hired as a driver,,,but in reality your a mobile lumper...you will unload your trailers..no pallets..90% of the time the freight is floor stacked, in a 53f trailer were talking 3000 cases...but they give you a tall dolly thou...lol...then it has to be staged...just the walking with these loading tall dollies will break you down eventually..now add in poor management..dispatchers that show favor to sum..and the fact that local turns into going to Vegas or Arizona with layovers sometimes....Best believe when your 10hours of home...opps i mean down time is up..you will be rite back to work...But they pay Good..Bottom line..if your young..just getting in the game,,and willing to sacrifice home life..and able to put that abuse on your body...Then this is for you..my first year cleared over 80 grand..But iam 50 years old and the money is not worth cutting my career short due to injury or sickness due to the brutality of the work they expect you to due...All runs you on a bidding system..so fresh in your gong pay your dues..This job isnt for everybody
Detailer
Detailer/part-time (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSAugust 13, 2019
Part-time employee. Have to wait 18 months and ask supervisor to apply for full-time employment. Cannot get a hold of HR. Told to go through Supervisor. Also have a graduate degree but cannot grow within the company. I emailed questions but never received a reply on growing a career with this company. As soon as I find a full-time job, I will leave this company. It's not employee friendly. Typical day is gathering boxes from the back of the house and stocking chips on the shelf. Remove any damage or expired chips. I enjoy working regardless of the low pay and lack of hours. I believe in performing well in your job. I care about the products and make sure the customers are provided fresh chips. I ensure customers get their moneys' worth from buying the chip products, and notice customers are buying more chips. Regardless of poor management and pay, I enjoy the job. I meet new people while working.
Fast pace enviroment with changes happening often
District Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYAugust 12, 2019
The company is always looking to change and improve processes and procedures. This can get overwhelming at times and put more stress on people than it should.
Poor work/life balance
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 11, 2019
You will work 50 to 60 hour weeks and can work up to 14 hour days. As an RSA your schedule and work assignment will change weekly and can even change day to day with very little notice. You will fill in for RSR's when they take vacation or call in sick. You may even be called upon to travel to another district and fill in there, again with very little notice. Pay is good. Benefits are very good. Work / life balance is very poor.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, inconsistent schedule, work/life balance
great place to work !
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2019
i enjoyed route sales even though it can be a pressured enviroment, My next chapter of employment however, i would like to work in one place instead of driving all over town. So therefore warehouse or production work would be idea. thx
Sales
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 11, 2019
The company is a great company. Management needs to improve, but every company does in that aspect. There will always be pros and cons but I am very happy with my job.
Not worth it if you have a family.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2019
Working for this company, I realized that I had more ups than downs. This is a job for people who either have kids that are grown or no kids! And the start times will throw you sleep patterns completely off. One day they will have you start a route at 230am then the next day you could be starting a different route at Midnight! No time for rest, no time to spend with your kids, No time to yourself period!

Some people feel like they have the green light to say the N word as well. So if you have thick skin and are a racist yourself then this job is for you. Also, be ready for your trainer to try an make you look like a fool in front of customers. They will try you so be ready!
Typical factory environment.
Sanitor (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNAugust 10, 2019
Pay and benefits are very good with lots of overtime. People are very happy with pay and benefits, but not so happy with work environment. I had no issues while I was there and left on good terms.
Frito lay was Good job
Salesman, serving of all commercial accounts (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 10, 2019
I was a route salesman at frito lay for 13 years. The reason why I left Lack of career advancement. Most of the managers college kids that know nothing about the company. In most cases is their 1st job ever. Employees dead been working here for a long time never get the opportunity to apply for manager positions.
Job review
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 9, 2019
Working at frito lay was fun when I first began. Learning a route and meeting new people was great. Once I hurt my back they basically treated me like I was expendable. I was terminated after re injuring my back.
Terrible work place
Packer (Current Employee) –  Dayville, CTAugust 9, 2019
You will work 12 hour days not knowing if you are going home until 2 hours before the end of your shift. You will be required to work on days off up to 13 straight days. It is 100 degrees inside the factory and it is some of the worst work to do. During hiring process you will be lied to about benefits ect. Nobody gets permanent full time for a long time. And most people point out before then. DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY YOU CARE ABOUT
Frito-Lay is rewarding hard work
Region Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 8, 2019
A typical work day is very hard but it gets easier over time after you learn the details like any other job. Starting out you will feel like you’re working too hard for the money, but hang in there, it gets better. If you’re dedicated, open minded, coachable and a very hard worker you can advance your very rapidly. I started packing in 1985, on a route in 1992 and Region Manager by 1999

years after leaving
It's a very stressful job you get forced overtime on a weekly basis management makes the job harder and it has to be and no one works together
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDAugust 8, 2019
Not a good place to work it's very hard to get advancements to other positions if you don't lie or snitch on other people. It's a fast pace environment hurry hurry get the cases out the door and God forbid if you get hurt then it's your fault that you got hurt.
Excellent job
Route saled rep (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 8, 2019
Great company. Pay is way better than other vending company's. Still has a pension plan, 401 k, and great insurance. This company was great working along side me during two pregnancies. Paid maternity. Long term and short term disability. You have five paid weeks training and is really good pay.
No life but the chip life.
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2019
I was working at Frito a minimum of 12 hours a night (third shift) most days would be 14 which is supposedly the “maximum” you can work a day there. Although in certain circumstances you could work more. Life was “eat,sleep, deliver product. The pay was good but at what cost? No family life at all. If you are a single person who wants to live to work, this is your place.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Hours
Great job
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAAugust 7, 2019
We get paid $19.45. Work 2-3 stores. Check in load, order product, drive to locations. Great management great co workers. Always busy and working. Paid 15 min breaks
Very good company for Compensation
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 7, 2019
Long days 12-14 hr,
I learned to deal with many different types of people personality wise,
Recent College graduates consist of most of the management,
Not much of it we all have open ended start and finish times.
Operations continued to have issues in getting the sales force the product we ordered.
I loved being with my customers interacting personally and professionally
nothing fun about this job
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2019
job is easy. people are mean. crewing is awful. company does not care about its employees, all about themselves. management has there picks.you have no family life with this job.
Pros
Cons
too many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K
31.2K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight