Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 3,641 reviews matching the search See all 3,904 reviews
Poor management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNNovember 13, 2018
I was admitted in the hospital for 1 week and fmla covered it and I was terminated bc of it. Its absolutely poor management! The management cares nothing about themselves
Very Fast paced
Packer/GES (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66609November 12, 2018
Temp workers are forced over with little or no warning. If you can't meet the pre-established quota for packages per hour you will not not be offered permanent employment.
no work life balance
Packaging machine operator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDNovember 12, 2018
you have no work life balance get forced to work over and come in on your days off often good pay is the only thing that makes it work some time work around alot of lazy co workers and consistently under staffed
Pros
pay
Cons
no life
frito lay
Business Unit leader (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 12, 2018
Frito lay is very demanding on their employees, however they pay very well.
management changed frequently due to promotions.
I learned how to become a certified master trainer.
Hardest part of the job was long hours.
Best part of the job was being supported by upper management
Pros
support
Cons
hours
Hope to return
Machine Operator/labor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 11, 2018
i really enjoy working at frito lay! I was really sad when i had to leave to start school to help further my chances in getting hired in the technical/maintenance department.But know since I'm finish with school and have experience I really And truly hope i can be accepted back into this AMZING company !!!!
Great group of people to work with invest in their employees
Quality Control Technician, Seasoning Operator (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WINovember 10, 2018
Overall this is a great place to work. I gained a lot of experiences from my time there. The hours are long and the work is stressful. At the end of the day hard work pays off.
Pros
Pay, benefits, knowledge base
Cons
Work/Life balance long hours
Discriminatory
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 10, 2018
If you don't speak Spanish and have the job interview with a Latino you don't stand a chance. I'm sick and tired of being discriminated in the southern (the "occupied territory") part of US.
Good Pay/ Lack of Advancement
Sanitor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2018
The pay is good and the work/life balance is good as a partimer but that's it. The turnover rate in the sanitation department is extremely high. Working conditions are like what I imagine working on a plantation would be like(extremely hot and uncomfortable). It's hard to get full time but at the same time, why would you want full time at a place such as that? They don't care about their employees and one of the Leads is a bully and likes to pick at certain employees. The manager is also very nonchalant about everything.
Pros
Pay, flexibility
Cons
Barely advancement opportunities, no benefits, unprofessional leads, uncomfortable working conditions
I pulled back stock and filled shelfs and displays
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL 32117November 9, 2018
I started about 5:00 am and three or more stores. And went back and worked the same stores in the afternoon. setting up new stores and helping out the route sales drivers and managers.
Pros
working by my self
Cons
a lot of driving and no benafits
Great benefits and wages.
Finished Goods Handler (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXNovember 9, 2018
After working at the plant for four years, I’ve gained a lot of knowledge in the supply chain industry. They offer a great benefits package, and the compensation is well. I will say that seniority is a deal breaker in this place. Just like any other place, but here if you’re low in seniority, you can expect to work the hardest and the LONGEST. Days off aren’t guaranteed.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Work load/seniority
loader
Receiver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  williamsportNovember 8, 2018
pick up boxes from trailer and transport to mezz, also work in fast paste where your packaging chips and loading them on a pallet for the shipper to come and take away
Everyday is different and it is fast paced.
Lead Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CA (Sacramento Zone)November 7, 2018
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
Long hours, unfairly treated, low pay for the work that you do, no lunches are breaks (even though they say that we take them. ), no responsible from the warehouse, no Union and having to deal with ego maniacs from your accounts. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Everyday is different and fast paced.
Cons
Everything else.
No regrets
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNNovember 7, 2018
Working with them was a rollercoaster ride. It would be better if they weren’t so strict on the no fault policy. My whole thing about the company is they expect too much from people. On top of that you don’t have a life, nor are you able to do anything but work. It’s not a place for people with a family.
Benefits
Cons
Work over too many days barely get your off days. They don’t really care about they’re workers.
horrible for family
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 6, 2018
poor management and no life outside of work. pros good money based on your performace after the ninety day probation period. after that everything changes
Great company to work for.
Data Entry Clerk /Accounts Receivable clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2018
I worked there 6 1/2 years. They promote from within and I had the opportunity to work in the Sales Department, Credit and Collections Department and the Accounts Receivable Department. I learned a lot in different areas in the 61/2 years I was there.
Pros
Free snacks
Good Place to work.
Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZ 85122November 6, 2018
Work Place at Frito-Lay has a good atmosphere need to work hard as a team keep a good pace. Good career job if looking for a career in foods. Learning how the whole process on how all Frito-Lay brand Potatoes chips and corn chips are really made. You will be amaze on how the whole process works on making potatoes chips.
Pros
weekly Pay
Cons
short breaks
More Weekends Off
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNNovember 6, 2018
I enjoyed the money and the co-workers at Frito Lay. I worked in maintenance repairing equipment. The best part was the benefits and the money. The worst part was working every weekend. I did not like having to order my own parts that I needed to repair equipment.
Benefits
Cons
No Weekends Off
Ok
Warehouse/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 6, 2018
Fast paced, but long hours always have to keep it moving.
takes a long time to get full time.
managers are ok and willing to help out .
pay is great .
Production is more important than your home life
CDL Jockey (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 6, 2018
They pay good for a manufacturing company. Just don't get sick or call off. It is a point right away. Don"t trust anyone because they will throw you under the bus. If you don't mind calling the people you work with your family and spending 6 or 7 days a week with them then this is a perfect place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
all management is fresh out of college. Telling people with 10 years plus how to do their job.
teamwork
Boxdrop (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 6, 2018
I would love to come back to wok there, i really this place it can be stress place to work , but they have good benefits and the money is good. No matter what I should have not left that place and stay there. I might just come back.
Pros
lunches
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight