Froedtert Health Employee Reviews

room for advancement & growth.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2018
Diverse culture, very fast pace and you learn a lot of new things. They train you on everything that is expected of you. Great team players. The hardest part was finding a balance with work and personal life with such crazy schedule.
Pros
great company to work with.
Cons
short breaks, poor management, hard to tranfer to new positions, low pay for all the work they want you to do.
Like the people i work with
phlebotomist/lab specialist (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 11, 2018
I like who I work with. But looking for another job because I'm topped out on pay and wont make any more.Getting a bonus on pay check because I'm topped out one pay doesn't matter because I lose 40 percent of it because its put on my check as a bonus.
Cons
Im topped out on pay
Enjoyable place to be daily
TRANSITION OF CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 10, 2018
I feel it is a diverse place to work. A lot of opportunities, however, job eliminations are not uncommon. Busy place to work. Management i feel is not always fair.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Alot of change, job eliminations
Hostile work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2018
The bullying from managers is exceptionally bad. They pick a person to mess with and no matter what you do you'll loose. I watched it happen to several people on my unit, and then it happened to me. Even to the point of making things up and pitting your peers against you. And retaliation is abound, but its cleverly disguised as them being victimized. Don't go to HR though, they're not on your side.
Pros
Some great nurses work there
Cons
Culture, communication
Management is a nightmare
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJuly 6, 2018
It seems like Froedtert's mission is to open as many business fronts as possible without doing any market analysis for the need for a clinic or location in the area. Lots of low censuses and our manager is a nightmare. Everyone I work with has been continually harassed. We all have been hired as full-time employees, but we get 20 hours of low census per week (this has gone on for 6+ months). They don't care about your family life, all they care about is that you show up for work. If your father is dying or your child is sick- well that is just too bad.
Cons
Expensive benefits, spousal surcharge on medical plan, no work-family balance, poor management
There is never a dull moment. Different aspects of the job. Never bored!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 25, 2018
A typical day at work: Meetings, calls, emails, work-queues and a nice walk on my lunch break!
I've learned that Froedtert is a wonderful place to work, and truly cares about the patient experience. Insurance reimbursement changes constantly.
Relaxed environment but it's crunch time when needed..
The hardest part of the job is the work never ends.
Most enjoyable is the friendliness of my coworkers and satisfaction knowing I work for a great Organization.
Pros
Location is great for me.
Cons
have to earn PTO
Always changing role
RN Clinical Coordinator Hema. Oncology (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2018
The hospital is a level 1 trauma center so you get to see a lot as well as having a great cancer program, etc. Very focused on clinic trials for patients, and we are partnered with the Medical College of WI and have a Children's Hospital of WI. across the street (connected with tunnels). There is wide variety of careers and job opportunities at the hospital.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2018
I worked as a Traveler there, great first assignment. Staff were friendly and always willing to help out. Management recognizes their staff when they are complimented by patients. They basically work a week on and week off schedule in the ED. I liked the schedule.
Fast paced
Surgical Core Tech (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 24, 2018
Be ready to move in this fast paced, busy operating room department! Always busy, changing and challenging. Staffing can be difficult and busy patient schedule.
Great company to work for
Patient Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 9, 2018
This is a good company to work for with good benefits, if you have the right manager. There is potential for growth, and lots of different places to work throughout the company.
benefits
extremely fast paced
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2018
Froedtert is a very fast paced environment, so if you cannot handle having a packed schedule everyday this is probably not for you. You feel rushed when working with the patients due to the short appointment times in order to jam more patients in a day. There are rehab aides available at times to help you out but they always do not understand that patient care is a priority so you are left to fend for yourself. Management could be way better, too much micromanaging, not enough autonomy. Based on the clinic you work at the staff can be non-welcoming and arrogant.
Pros
get to see a variety of patient diagnoses
Cons
poor management
Great Place to WOrk
HR Full Time (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 9, 2018
Froedtert is a great place to work, I'm mostly satisfied with my job, the I am mainly looking for work life balance. I live too far from the place of work I am at. Need to work closer.
Terrible Management
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 8, 2018
Moved out of the area
So I moved from the position
In doing so it allowed me to take the time to think of which way I wanted to advance my carreer.
Pros
Steady Hours/ Shifts
Just not a Good Place To work for me, dont know bout anyone else
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 2, 2018
Jus horrible that's all I Have to say, they need a a whole new management team for Evs supervisors play favoritism with co works they like..Very Messy place to work it's always something goin on
Pros
Easy job
Cons
By the book for some not for all...
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2018
If you work hard and do your job it goes unnoticed but when you make a mistake they are sure quick to react. Only for some though. A few chosen ones get away with everything and are still employed. A lot of tension between departments and lack of communication. You are only told bits and pieces and have to string it all together.
Pros
Friendly Co Workers
Cons
Management, Communication, Policy's only followed for some
Security Admin Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 6, 2018
Working with Froedtert was one of the highlights of my career. I was in several different roles there and felt that my insight and opinion mattered when asked for it.
Fast paced, moderate change
Buyer Specialist Capital and Construction (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIApril 4, 2018
This is a very busy place. Organization is growing at a fast rate. I have seen very positive changes over the years with increasing use of technology.
In Room Dining Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53226March 29, 2018
Great work environment. You can work your way up from any position.The staff all work together as a family no matter what position you are. Froedtert is a well oiled machine.
Cut Throat and Bullying
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee -Froedtert CampusMarch 17, 2018
Management is spread so thin they do not have the ability to be present in the department. They do not receive support from upper leadership. The Froedtert campus is, and has been for years, perpetuating a culture of bullying. This is at all levels from staff members through upper leadership. It is full of cliques. Don't dare cross the wrong person or you will be crucified.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Everything! Poor culture.
No comment
Director, Internal Occupational Health (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 12, 2018
No comment - I choose not to make any additional comments about my work at this organization. This requirement is frustrating me very much. no additional comments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Froedtert Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight