Froedtert South Employee Reviews

Great entry level job
Sterile processing (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 24, 2019
I love our close family like dynamic here! everyone treats you well and never shy away from helping each other out I really enjoy working in this department. I feel sterile processing is moving in a great direction from the new remodel of the department to the increase of staffing you can see the effort the management and upper management team have put into us and the department. we may have a behind the scenes role in the medical world , but we have a crucial role in providing safe and sterile instrumtation tools for patients, when it comes time to have their procedures done, and that is the most rewarding part of the job knowing you helped in providing a successful surgery/procedure. The only down fall is that sometimes you feel really unappreciated by the OR staff. It feels like they love to throw us under the bus and make our jobs harder rather then help us. The pay could be better but seems like this is an entire hospital trend.
Pros
Co-workers, Team work environment, management
Cons
Pay
Review
Receptionist, Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 4, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company.
I worked in two different departments.
I worked in office setting and as a supervisor.

It was always easy to get time off, and my managers were flexible if I needed a schedule change as long as it worked out.

Benefits were adequate as well as paid time off and paid holidays off.

Pay rates could be higher for departments other than nursing or administrators. Dept. like housekeeping, food service, some medical record positions, security. These positions also play a big part in keeping the hospital open and even though they are easily replaceable positions, turn around rates would be lower if pay would be higher.

They did have a retirement plan as well.

Overall it was a good job and other than the lower end pay I would recommend working for this company and would go back to work there myself.
Horrible company, horrible management
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 14, 2019
Worst company with zero work ethic and professionalism. They conduct reference checks with no intention of hiring you. The "management" fools you into thinking that you will be hired only to never contact you again. Very inconsiderate of candidate and references time! Would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no leadership
Poor place to work former RN in OR
RN OR Circulator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 1, 2019
Manager never stood up for staff. Upper management was even worse they insulted the staff. They didn’t follow federal laws set forward and if you got hurt there you were on your own. They don’t believe in restrictions at all. They were very weird with personal cell phones too.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Stressful
Nice place to work, but low pay
ICU Technician (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 21, 2019
Working in the ICU is a great experience, and my co-workers are wonderful. The frustrating part of the job is lousy benifits, no holiday/weekend pay, and below average pay. We work very hard, but get no compensation.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low salary, no holiday or weekend pay
Productive work place
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 1, 2019
Froedtert south is a hospital that is growing and developing daily. They believe in focusing in continued education and evidence base practice. The one part that they are working on that still needs their attention is being competitive with other area hospitals in relation to salary.
radiology assistant
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Froedtert southNovember 9, 2018
I felt like I was just another number under my manager in the Radiology Department. No paid vacation, no raises if so, very little amount. Was there for 13 years. Learned from my mistake and decided to apply elsewhere.
Blessed
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 8, 2018
I feel very Blessed and fortunate to work for FroedtertSouth Hospital and Medical Center. Management takes initiative and continues stay focused on HealthCare in the community. The cafeteria and kitchen staff are wonderful....patrons come from local businesses just to eat.
Terrible place to work
nurse management (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 30, 2018
27+ years employed, last position in middle management. Expectations were beyond what was possible. No support from upper management. Retaliation when you did not "tow the line". Doctors allowed to run the show. As a salaried employee, I often worked 50-60 hours a week, with call time expected 24/7. I loved my work with patients, many of the nurses were fantastic, the overall culture was terrible.
Pros
close to home
Cons
zero support from upper management
Horrible management, with a worse work environment
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 17, 2018
At my time working there, before Froedtert partnered, the management was horrible and only made the workflow worse. Everyday was a serious hardship and I only received limited help. Absolutely none of that job was enjoyable, and I came out of that employment with serious depression.
Pros
Some of the people working there, were being treated the same and so were very nice.
Cons
With the horrid management during my time, some employees new how to take advantage of the good decent workers.
Good for entry level.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 4, 2018
This hospital has the lowest pay grade in town and is facing staff shortages on many levels. It was a good starting point, but definitely not somewhere I would consider a career.
Pros
Close parking, yearly reviews.
Cons
Management, pay scale, staffing shortages.
Not fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 20, 2018
Management is very unhelpful. If the management doesn’t like you they would set you up for failure. This company doesn’t even deserve one star. Never treated so poorly. You work by yourself which is unsafe for you and the patient.
Pros
Build time off
Cons
No breaks
Terribly managed lab. Short staffed. Conquer and destroy culture.
Phleb (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WisconsinJune 11, 2018
Management in the lab is beyond terrible. If you try to make things better and they don't like you or your ideas they will crucify you. HR is not your advocate. Their over all culture is to conquer and destroy. They are notorious for this and unfortunately they lose many good people because of it.
Pros
You build paid time off hours.
Cons
You are not allowed to use your paid time off hours due to staff shortage
Workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 27, 2018
This workplace never really worked with any schedules. The hardest part of the job was doing your job to the fullest and still getting yelled at by doctors because I wasn't working fast enough.
All about money, profit, bonuses for administration
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 4, 2018
Budget over safe high quality patient care, poor manager promotions; pluck an easily manipulated staff nurse make them the next puppet for administration. Only way to survive at this company is if your "Brown noser" skills are good enough and if you are lucky to be a "manager favorite"
Company frowns on effective communication, education, outspoken staff, safe staffing ratios
Advice If you are a new nurse they might hire you but then work your year and find a new employer
Pros
Great co-workers on the units
productive and fun work atmospere
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 19, 2018
I would draw blood on patients of all ages and capillary draws on infants and arterial blood gasses, I did specimen processing, and went to nursing homes and patient homes to obtain samples, drug testing and training new employees, attended codes, ordered supplies, covered in the clinic lab, covered other shifts if asked
Pros
the staff, the hours were good, the patients
Cons
having to cover 2 shifts back to back sometimes
Froedtert South
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 31, 2018
Froedtert South is an enjoyable place to work. It is a friendly environment, that focuses on holistic, patient centered care. The management is fair in treatment of employees, and there are opportunities for advancement.
Okay job, not great pay
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 29, 2018
I loved my manager and the people I worked with a lot, but the pay was absolutely horrible. No wonder everyone left when i did. Also, I got sick a lot because I was around patients all of the time. Not the company's fault, but that wasn't a plus.
Quick paced work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 12, 2018
A typical night at work includes 1:5 nurse-patient ratio with one tech sometimes no tech is available. The patients include alcohol and drug withdrawal, respiratory issues, GI, altered mental status, isolations. NOC shift works very well together, helping each other out. I mostly enjoy the wide range of medical issues that are introduced to our floor. I am always learning something new.
nice people/ relaxed
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 28, 2018
nice place to work.
autonomy.
MD's approachable.
organized.
helpful support staff.
employee perks 2-3 times per year.
staff was able to get along and work well together.
Pros
Nice coworkers and MDs
Cons
to far from home for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Froedtert South. Our community is ready to answer.

Froedtert South Reviews by Location