Front Range Community College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
n/a
Information Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 6, 2018
It was a good temporary job for a college student at the time. I was able to get much of my homework done while working. The experience was very helpful.
Productive and fun workplace but no ping pong table
IT Support Desk (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 9, 2018
Staff are very nice to work with. If you want to learn something above and beyond your immediate work duties they will allow it if time permits. Management is extremely understanding when giving time off to be able to take certification exams!
Pros
Excellent Staff and Management
Cons
Limited ability for upward mobility
Great learning experience
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 6, 2018
-great management
-upbeat attitudes
-outdoor environments made things relaxed
-hardest part was the difficult hours and amount of students we had to oversee
Pros
work from home options
Cons
worked odd hours
Great place to start a workstudy
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 1, 2018
During my time here, I've had plenty of time to do both my homework and help out other students with their assignments. Most of my time was spent behind the desk at the front desk, and other times it was spent putting books in their proper place.
Great place to share knowledge with others
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 28, 2018
Great place to share knowledge with others. Close community on campus that always looks for improvements to their specific programs. Instructors come from a wide background making each class unique and dynamic.
Great workplace with fantastic employees
Administrative Assistant III/Facilities (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 13, 2018
FRCC-BCC is a wonderful place to work. The employees are helpful and friendly.On a typical day, I would help out in the faculty office as well as the Dean's office. Daily tasks varied from filing and answering phones to recording minutes at the weekly staff meetings. I definitely would have stayed if my health had allowed.
A Positive Experience
Spansh Tutor (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 13, 2018
My typical day at work would involve coming in 15 minutes early to my cubicle to review previous work done by student, text him, or her, and to confirm appointment. Before the student would come in, I would have all documents, books, and whatever else I needed to accommodate the student's needs. The student would come in, and we would talk about activities done in class, and any possible difficulties, concerns, or questions that may not have been addressed during class. If there was time left we would practice with pronouncing and definitions in order to prepare for the next class or exam.
Pros
The feeling of satisfaction when I helped someone achieve a goal, or overcome a barrier.
Cons
Unstable schedule
Flexible with classes and other schedule needs
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 5, 2018
I really like working at Front Range because I get plenty of time to work on my homework for school and but the pay is pretty low and you kind of have to work with other employees schedules as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Love my coworkers
Administrative Assistant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2018
Very supportive and understanding. I enjoy the environment and the work is meaningful. Other people in other department are also nice, friendly and helpful
Helping students understand
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 15, 2018
while a tutor a FRCC my duties include opening a lab three times per week for two hour a day. Also i had the task of helping and bringing up to speed students with a grade of C or lower, in the studies of the MGD of Multimedia Graphic Design Department.
Pros
software access
Cons
pay was dependant on degree status
Work Study and Hourly job
Student Ambassador, Admissions and Outreach (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 15, 2018
The job at FRCC is very good if your looking for a low stress job and is also a great way to keep track of your classes. Classes and as a student they come first then the job comes second
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits
Great staff and students
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 10, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty that comes with budget cuts. However, my director cares for and believes in her staff so we know we’re in good hands. The students are wonderful and truly engaged in the learning process.
Good Student Job
Graphic Designer Student Life (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 3, 2018
Student Life Graphic Design has a enjoyable staff to work along with. The job gives you freedom to communicate with outside clients, and meet freely.
Pros
Real wold work experience
Cons
Short-term job
Good Student Experience
Teacher's Assistant for Linux Fundamentals (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 2, 2018
I helped get the main computer lab ready for the next semester. This included wiping and re-imaging hard drives, swapping out new hard drives and hard drive bays, and troubleshooting peripherals. I was also a TA for a Linux Intro class, which I helped answer student questions and assisted the instructor as needed.
Awesome place
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 27, 2018
It's a community college and everyone really cares, it's awesome. I'm not really sure why i have to write a review on them but ok so here it is and I really hope you guys like it!
Enjoyed teaching ASL to hearing students
American Sign Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 3, 2018
Responsibilities Taught American Sign Language to college students, taught them about history of American Sign Language and Deaf Culture, recorded their attendances, gave them quizzes and exams.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Reporting on a student who attempted suicide
Great place to teach
Student (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 1, 2018
Front Range Community College is a great school with many different programs for students. The classes are roughly 20 to 25 students, so access to instructors is good.
Wonderful Community
HR Student (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 20, 2018
As a work study student employee in HR, I got to meet most of the staff on campus and enjoy the atmosphere daily. Almost every single person who works there is cheerful, friendly, and willing to help all of their coworkers with anything they need. There are frequent morale boosters like potlucks, canned food drives, various holiday parties, conferences, and more. As a student, I did not get benefits or advancement opportunities, but I did watch others succeed and I did see how much the benefits offered helped faculty members when they needed it. It's a very, very good atmosphere.
Pros
Morale boosting events, wonderful coworkers in every department, fun atmosphere every day
Cons
Heavy workloads
enjoyable job
Instructor for Certified Nursing Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 18, 2018
Being an instructor really helped me learn to interact with students who wanted a future career in nursing. It was a great way to remind me of the basic skills and where nurses start.
student
CLUB COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 1, 2018
Good for a student. Enjoy working at the school you are also attending. Great for getting to know staff members and other students. Not very good pay, but its a school campus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Front Range Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Front Range Community College Reviews by Location