Front Range Community College Employee Reviews

Larimer campus is a great environment
Veterans Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 1, 2019
Depending on your job you can either work A LOT or not much at all which is frustrating when you are the one working A LOT. Good people to work with generally.
Friendly
Interim Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 3, 2019
I have enjoyed working at Front Range. Everyone is very friendly and approachable. You are recognized and appreciated for work well done. There are opportunities for advancement.
Pros
work/life balance, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
slow hiring process
Fun place to do work study
ORIENTATION LEADER/FRONT DESK (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 1, 2019
A typical day includes getting students their student IDs, buss passes, and information on campus. I have learned more about the resources on campus from working there. Management is great and friendly. The workplace culture is fun and lively. Hardest part of my job is sometimes having nothing to do. I mostly enjoy my co-workers and the experience I am gaining.
Pros
Can get homework done while working
Great professional staff that cared about you
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 16, 2019
My supervisor always cared about how my classes where going and how I was doing. If I had any problems I could talk to here and feeling comfortable doing so.
Frcc
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 6, 2019
FRCC values its employees as it does its students, and that alone is reason enough to work there. FRCC provides a supportive environment where students, staff, faculty, and administrators can all work collaboratively.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Frcc
Instructional Coordinator (Retired) (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 6, 2019
Work was interesting; coworkers were diverse. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with high schools around community in providing classes for students.
Work Colleagues were great
Admin. Asst. III, Center for Adult Learning (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 17, 2018
Overall I truly enjoyed the poeple I worked with. It was just in the last year that it was difficult with my direct manager. It was time to move on.
It was a much smaller campus.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 23, 2018
I enjoyed working security for the Front Range Community College Campus. The staff & students were courteous & very helpful. It allowed me to work while attending classes.
Pros
job on campus
Cons
no cons
Enjoyable workplace
Accounts Payable Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 15, 2018
Worked at Front Range Community College for several years and enjoyed all the people who worked there as well. The campus leadership cares about students and employees
Good educational institution
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 15, 2018
I only work as an adjunct instructor, however the institution continues to grow and expand its level of service. Good opportunities in a broad range of fields.
Very good collaborative environment
College Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 27, 2018
Great place to have a teaching career. The students are engaged and very appreciative. Training opportunities are plentiful. Leadership is first rate. Working here is very professional yet relaxed. The facilities are first rate.
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 1, 2018
Plenty of opportunities if you pursue every angle. Lots of lessons learned and experience gained. Equipment could use some updating. Happy to move onto new opportunities.
good place to work
UNIX Instructor (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 28, 2018
This community college was a good place to work: I was on my own, with only the notes from the previous instructor, but little did I know is the notes from the labs were NOT included, so I ended up creating all the labs myself.
The pay is SO LOW one really works as an instructor without needing the pay. That is why I also had a full-time job while teaching. If one was retired, then this would be a good option.
Pros
hands off management
Cons
low pay
EMS Program EXCELLENT and very fun place to work.
Part Time EMS Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 8, 2018
FRCC EMS is one of the top programs in the country and the team of faculty and adjunct instructors are some of the most kind, fun, enjoyable people I have ever encountered in my career thus far.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, incredible coworkers and management
Cons
Unable to take a full-time position unless faculty
Rewarding work but no advancement
Professor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 4, 2018
Worked there for 12 years as adjunct instructor. Mostly independent in my classroom and granted flexibility in teaching style. Great students to work with but most teachers are adjunct with only one or 2 full-time per department. No room for advancement. No healthcare.
Pros
students
Cons
No advancement, no healthcare
The place I learned to teach college classes.
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 23, 2018
Working at FRCC was often like a roller coaster. My boss was very closed and often did not talk to me for days. I got to teach a variety of classes.
Pros
Learned to teach college.
Cons
supervision
I was a student.
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 14, 2018
The staff was very helpful in determine classes, as well as working with my personal issues that got in the way. Most everybody (staff and students) worked together well.
n/a
Information Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 6, 2018
It was a good temporary job for a college student at the time. I was able to get much of my homework done while working. The experience was very helpful.
Productive and fun workplace but no ping pong table
IT Support Desk (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 9, 2018
Staff are very nice to work with. If you want to learn something above and beyond your immediate work duties they will allow it if time permits. Management is extremely understanding when giving time off to be able to take certification exams!
Pros
Excellent Staff and Management
Cons
Limited ability for upward mobility
Great learning experience
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 6, 2018
-great management
-upbeat attitudes
-outdoor environments made things relaxed
-hardest part was the difficult hours and amount of students we had to oversee
Pros
work from home options
Cons
worked odd hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Front Range Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3