Front Range Community College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Love my coworkers
Administrative Assistant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2018
Very supportive and understanding. I enjoy the environment and the work is meaningful. Other people in other department are also nice, friendly and helpful
Work Study and Hourly job
Student Ambassador, Admissions and Outreach (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 15, 2018
The job at FRCC is very good if your looking for a low stress job and is also a great way to keep track of your classes. Classes and as a student they come first then the job comes second
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits
Great staff and students
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 10, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty that comes with budget cuts. However, my director cares for and believes in her staff so we know we’re in good hands. The students are wonderful and truly engaged in the learning process.
Good Student Job
Graphic Designer Student Life (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 3, 2018
Student Life Graphic Design has a enjoyable staff to work along with. The job gives you freedom to communicate with outside clients, and meet freely.
Pros
Real wold work experience
Cons
Short-term job
Good Student Experience
Teacher's Assistant for Linux Fundamentals (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 2, 2018
I helped get the main computer lab ready for the next semester. This included wiping and re-imaging hard drives, swapping out new hard drives and hard drive bays, and troubleshooting peripherals. I was also a TA for a Linux Intro class, which I helped answer student questions and assisted the instructor as needed.
Awesome place
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 27, 2018
It's a community college and everyone really cares, it's awesome. I'm not really sure why i have to write a review on them but ok so here it is and I really hope you guys like it!
Enjoyed teaching ASL to hearing students
American Sign Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 3, 2018
Responsibilities Taught American Sign Language to college students, taught them about history of American Sign Language and Deaf Culture, recorded their attendances, gave them quizzes and exams.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Reporting on a student who attempted suicide
Great place to teach
Student (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 1, 2018
Front Range Community College is a great school with many different programs for students. The classes are roughly 20 to 25 students, so access to instructors is good.
Wonderful Community
HR Student (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 20, 2018
As a work study student employee in HR, I got to meet most of the staff on campus and enjoy the atmosphere daily. Almost every single person who works there is cheerful, friendly, and willing to help all of their coworkers with anything they need. There are frequent morale boosters like potlucks, canned food drives, various holiday parties, conferences, and more. As a student, I did not get benefits or advancement opportunities, but I did watch others succeed and I did see how much the benefits offered helped faculty members when they needed it. It's a very, very good atmosphere.
Pros
Morale boosting events, wonderful coworkers in every department, fun atmosphere every day
Cons
Heavy workloads
enjoyable job
Instructor for Certified Nursing Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 18, 2018
Being an instructor really helped me learn to interact with students who wanted a future career in nursing. It was a great way to remind me of the basic skills and where nurses start.
student
CLUB COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 1, 2018
Good for a student. Enjoy working at the school you are also attending. Great for getting to know staff members and other students. Not very good pay, but its a school campus.
Low pay; not dependable about future assignments
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 1, 2018
Adjunct instructors receive low pay. They cannot depend on future assignments. There are no opportunities to meet or work with other faculty. Probably good place for first two years of college education,
Great for students. An opportunity to take a step in the right direction.
IT Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 31, 2018
Great staff, very friendly and helpful. A variety of projects at work. Most important is helping users and making sure computers and other IT related aspects were working as intended. Troubleshoot problems and get them fixed.
English Department
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 21, 2018
English Department seeks innovative ideas to encourage student success. I had the opportunity to collaborative with a team of instructors and develop a pilot program. This was an amazing experience!
nice people
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 17, 2018
Many job opportunities for work study students. I don't have much to say about this, I was just a work study student and I shelved books in the library.
Very enjoyable
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 12, 2017
Working for FRCC is great. It is a very enjoyable place to work for anyone including people who are not students. It is a very relaxed environment. I would definitely recommend Front Range to anyone who wants to work for a college.
Superb academic environment!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 3, 2017
Part time instructors have no job security, if the department head wishes to take your class from you, they can and they will. Otherwise, it is a great place to work.

In the Colorado community college system, part time instructors have to have the same level of teaching competence as the department lead instructor and his assistant, but are paid I/3rd what they are. That is something the state needs to address!
Enjoyed teaching young people
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 9, 2017
It was great to be able to help educate young people as they begin their college education. I enjoyed applying really world examples and situations to the topics we would discuss in class.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Pay was low for hours I put in
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 9, 2017
The administrators and other faculty members are amazing and I loved every second of working with them. Unfortunately CCCS keeps the pay for adjuncts below the poverty line and as the sole breadwinner, I couldn't keep teaching here and support my family.
Pros
Amazing students, staff, faculty and administrators!
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work, respectful environment
Accounting Technician II-Bookstore & Dining (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 9, 2017
This was a fun place to work; the environment was easy going and not stressful. My manager was pleasant enough and the staff was always helpful. But, I had to move to another state for family reasons.
Pros
Environment was pleasant
Cons
Lots of state and federal regulations to adhere to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Front Range Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Front Range Community College Reviews by Location