Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews

Management is horrible
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
It was not a good fit and place for me to work at. I was excited to get the job and was so happy to begin the next chapter but getting there was totally different from what you are told. The pay sucks and the travel benefits is horrible. Regional airlines benefits are 90% time better than ours. If you have been there for a long time, management look for new ways to get u fired and supervisors and the union wont have your back even if you are right. Maybe its just me and a few of my co workers that worked there but every one is entitled to their opinion. So apply and have the experience then make up your mind if its the best place for you.
Good place to work discounting pay and Benefits
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2018
Frontier for the most part was a good place to work because of the people and some of the management team. My direct manager was a good person and good boss, our director was a nice guy but you couldn’t trust him.

It was the employees that made the job bearable, I would work for Frontier again because of the people. There were too many meetings and this caused communication problems.

You were not paid for your work, the only raises you got were cost of living which isn’t a good incentive.
Pros
People
Cons
Benefits, poor management
Co-workers are some of the best people I've had the pleasure to work with.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2018
As a company, the ownership does not value the employees. The pilots and flight attendants are struggling with negotiations with the investor/owners. Management is stalling and contributing to declining morale amongst the rank and file workers. However, the people that work the flights and care for the passengers are among the best individuals there are. The men and women I work with on a daily basis care about and believe in what they are doing. As a work force we depend upon each other and need to know we can count on each other in an emergency. I have never had any doubts about the crews I have worked with. Unfortunately, the company leadership has decreased the training time and lowered the hiring standards so the culture of team and dependability has been gradually depleted. It seems as though the concept of quantity over quality has become the mantra.
Pros
Free or reduced cost travel, reasonable health ins.
Cons
Poor working conditions on the aircraft, lowest pay in the main line airline industry
Ramp agent
Ramp Agent/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 16, 2018
Loved the job, the management was the messed up part. We did work and it wasn’t paid fairly. No benefits just paid no raises and we take a risk everyday with them planes.
Horrible Place to Work
Sr Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2018
Frontier was the not place and organization I thought it was. I left a permanent position to work on a contract to hire position at Frontier. However not working out, I didn't get proper training from my manager, I never received feedback on my performance and the environment was not ideal for career growth. Some of the departments and personnel were not professional in speech and demeanor. However even though I was contractor, one of the executives would always acknowledge me which I thought was a personal touch to working there. But of the few interviews I have had there, I could never receive any feedback for the next time opportunity came around to interview once again.
I've never been so stressed, before or since
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2018
Management cares about money, only about money, and nothing else. If you want a job where you are trying to be three people by yourself, while sick, this is the job for you.

If you want a job where the selling point is free flights wherever they fly, but then not be allowed to use it because there's never time off, this is the job for you.

If you want a job where customers are yelling on one side, and management on the other, this is the job for you.

Otherwise, stay away
Short staffed and poor management
Customer Service Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2018
Your come in 3 hours prior to flight scheduled. Depending on how staffed the station is you might work most positions. I did counter, BSO, Gate and Ramp. Management from contractor to Frontier was below average. The short staff created a family and closeness that made the job bearable.
Cons
Contractor and not mainline, No Flight benefits.
They are a small company and have many opportunities
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80525October 29, 2018
The management team is amazing and very supportive. I do think that they could benefit from offering employees a paid time off program as they give out flight vouchers, but it is very hard to use them when you don't get paid time off.
Filed bankruptcy protection
Production Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2018
Before filing bankruptcy protection, Frontier was a great place to work with competitive pay and benefits, enjoyed working there at the time, would have stayed there until retirement had the conditions not gone downhill.
Good place
Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 17, 2019
Small IT dept. good place to work with good people. Work life balance was very good, Avaya PBX was easy to work on and keep up on the VOIP easy, good place.
Pros
good people
Cons
short contracts
done
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2018
I absolutely loved my job at Frontier. Great employees . it was like a family- I spent more time at work than I did with my family but i didn't regret that. I did not dislike working the long hours. i was dedicated to my job and the work needed to be done. When you enjoy your job it doesn't feel so much like a job. But when you look back at you career with the company it makes you wonder if your hard work and long hours were truly appreciated because when the company outsourced you were were one on the first ones to be let go. All I can say is that I know I gave a 110% daily and and there were some that remained that clearly did not. I wish them all well. I truly miss the Burger Burns , the potlucks, the Ice cream Socials, the Zoo Day's., the Arts and Craft Fairs. We definitely had a lot of positive events that included our families. I certainly hope those traditions continue on as they meant so much to all of the employees.

I learned a great deal during my career there and met some amazing people and i wish the company much success. I do believe Frontier will be around for many years to come. I promote Frontier to all of my family and friends and I don to fly on any other airline.
Pros
often time free lunches would be provided pizza and sanwiches etc.
Cons
sometimes computers would go down or issues with phones
Opportunity
Operation Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 31, 2018
Everyday was always different, which made it interested, I enjoyed working with the flight crew and my co workers, learned the airline industry and the airline systems

Hardest thing was when I left not by my decision and I had to adapt to something different I felt lost.
Pros
Flight discounts
Great job
Customer Relations Supervisor - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2018
Awesome job. Career opportunities. I would recommend to others. Career growth available. Supports career growth. Training opportunities provided. Great
Manager of IT PMO Configuration Team (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work.
Great start in 1994. Management was great and the environment was fun and active! Things never stopped.

After the upper management was replaced by corporate people after a buyout, things did change and the whole environment was less productive and friendly.
Fun
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TXNovember 16, 2018
A typical day at work is being greeted by everyone there. Working in the back washing the dishes and putting them away as well as taking out trash and rebagging the trash cans. I learned how to communicate and be productive as a team, as well as stay on task and being focused. The most enjoyable part about working there was being able to have fun as well as being cared for and loved by alll the coworkers. The most hardest part about my job was working alone
Pros
Free lunches
fun place to work
Catering Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2018
Great company. Work was fun because the people I worked with. Free food was provided everyday. It was easy to get days off if you needed it. Management was good people
Decent place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2018
I will say that i did enjoy working for frontier. Very family oriented culture. Expanding company. needs a better salary but has good health benefits and there are good flight benefits.
Hard working group, but fun place to be
GSE Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2018
Great work environment and team work. Compensation could be better, but overall love this job. Management is great. Managment is always very helpful in making sure you know what you are doing, and if you don't they will show up.
Frontier
Engine/Landing Gear Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 23, 2018
There isn't much money available to the lower level employees. There is a large disconnect between lower level employees and upper level. Almost felt like a "Royalty & Peasants" type of job.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
Compensation
A good company with excellent benefits & career advancement
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2018
In the short but illustrious time working at Frontier Airlines, it was a company that i felt would be worthwhile to find myself advancing in time to become a customer service agent to be sure that I could make customers happy in choosing Frontier to get them to their destination relaxed & confident in their choice of airlines.
Pros
excellent benefits, career advancement
Cons
Found nothing bad about the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight