Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Learning Experience in Aviation
Ticket agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 9, 2018
This has been a very interesting experience with all of the new things I learned I also enjoyed the passengers helping them understand there trip and even helping them around the airport
Pros
not standing in security line
Cons
lowest paid airline
Frontier was just bought out of bankruptcy
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2018
There were wage freezes and no benefits. The pay was $9.00 per hour. Customers were rude and my hours were terrible. Employees mainly worked there to fly for free.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Everything else
Avoid Working at Frontier Airlins
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2018
You start off on "Reserve" meaning you can only earn a limited amount of hours per month, they say they will gaurauntee at least 75 hours per month but hardly do you ever reach that on reserve.

The time on reserve for most new flight attendants is around 8months to a year.

You have to basically move to the city where the airport is located because you will get called in to be at work in sometimes only an hour's notice.

Moreover, the insurance/benefits will deduct too much from an already scrawny check. BUT WAIT, that's not all, to simply check your schedule, you get another 20 bucks deducted monthly.

On top of that, when you get to go work you will frequently find that the planes have issues or the pilots time out and can't fly because the scheduling is horrible, Thus forcing you to spend the night in another city. So say goodbye to your Friday night plans because that 8pm estimated time of arrival has now turned into a Saturday 12pm arrival.

The free flight passes and health insurance don't do much to balance the pros/cons.

Please do not work here unless you really need a job and don't become complacent with the horrible standards they have set. Strive for better.

One thing I will say, it will teach you patience and make you appreciate other things that some employers will do better.
Pros
Free flight passes, health insurance
Cons
scheduling, constant mistakes, rude customers, machine issues..
Satisfactory place
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2018
Frontier Airlines cares little for the employee. You have some nice people who work there, but they can be gossipy. Became board; same destinations. Lack of variety.
Pros
Travel to certain international destinations where you don’t, never layover, and good co-workers.
Cons
No travel to a lot of great places. Don’t care for employees.
Culture change
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 13, 2018
New changes in company are not ideal for a seasoned flight attendant. Not enough pay. Schedules are unreasonable. Management and operations are not on top of the game. Money driven.
favoritism and friends rule here!
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 5, 2018
If you make friends with current supervisors and put in about 4 months, you too can be named a supervisor. No leadership training or demonstration required. Favoritism and friends rule the office. If you are not one of the golden children, you are looked upon as an annoyance who shouldn't be asking any questions while supervisors refuse to handle escalations because it might interfere with cigarette breaks.
Pros
evening hours available
Cons
favoritism and terrible training program
Filed bankruptcy protection
Production Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2018
Before filing bankruptcy protection, Frontier was a great place to work with competitive pay and benefits, enjoyed working there at the time, would have stayed there until retirement had the conditions not gone downhill.
Short staffed and poor management
Customer Service Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2018
Your come in 3 hours prior to flight scheduled. Depending on how staffed the station is you might work most positions. I did counter, BSO, Gate and Ramp. Management from contractor to Frontier was below average. The short staff created a family and closeness that made the job bearable.
Cons
Contractor and not mainline, No Flight benefits.
very busy
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2018
ramp agent I worked mostly in the bag room
we had several flights going at the same time
during Christmas ad thanksgiving there was no way to keep up with the amount of bags
Pros
Fligght benifits
Work Place Coulture
Zone Controller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 8, 2018
Working at Frontier is a very detailed position I worked in the tower as Zone Controller Supervisor, at the time I worked there this was Frontier's hub at the time so we were responsible for all the Frontier planes coming and going out of Denver and any that we either stuck in another state
Horrible Place to Work
Sr Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2018
Frontier was the not place and organization I thought it was. I left a permanent position to work on a contract to hire position at Frontier. However not working out, I didn't get proper training from my manager, I never received feedback on my performance and the environment was not ideal for career growth. Some of the departments and personnel were not professional in speech and demeanor. However even though I was contractor, one of the executives would always acknowledge me which I thought was a personal touch to working there. But of the few interviews I have had there, I could never receive any feedback for the next time opportunity came around to interview once again.
It was a good paying job.
Ticketing and Refund Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2018
I enjoyed what I did. You know there is not much to tell, it is and was a struggling airline. I didn't go there looking for a career due to being fore warned.
What You Learned
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 23, 2018
Since, this was my first call center position, I learned how to master multiple calls and move expeditiously through the problem solving process and use multiple computer screens simultaneously.
Decent place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2018
I will say that i did enjoy working for frontier. Very family oriented culture. Expanding company. needs a better salary but has good health benefits and there are good flight benefits.
done
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2018
I absolutely loved my job at Frontier. Great employees . it was like a family- I spent more time at work than I did with my family but i didn't regret that. I did not dislike working the long hours. i was dedicated to my job and the work needed to be done. When you enjoy your job it doesn't feel so much like a job. But when you look back at you career with the company it makes you wonder if your hard work and long hours were truly appreciated because when the company outsourced you were were one on the first ones to be let go. All I can say is that I know I gave a 110% daily and and there were some that remained that clearly did not. I wish them all well. I truly miss the Burger Burns , the potlucks, the Ice cream Socials, the Zoo Day's., the Arts and Craft Fairs. We definitely had a lot of positive events that included our families. I certainly hope those traditions continue on as they meant so much to all of the employees.

I learned a great deal during my career there and met some amazing people and i wish the company much success. I do believe Frontier will be around for many years to come. I promote Frontier to all of my family and friends and I don to fly on any other airline.
Pros
often time free lunches would be provided pizza and sanwiches etc.
Cons
sometimes computers would go down or issues with phones
Not competitive with pay or benefits
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
I liked my coworkers and the job but the pay made it impossible to stay. Same job at other carrier pay considerably more. Be if it were minimal and did not cover enough
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Interesting Place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 8, 2018
As a flight attendant there was no typical day at work. I learned a lot at this company. The hardest part of my job was being away from home however I got to travel.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Hours
Poor management/ low pay
Lead CSA (Former Employee) –  Islip, NYApril 8, 2018
Poor management/ no management. No overtime for covering shifts. Job roles unclear. 6 day work weeks. Stay late due to delayed flights, never know when leaving work, must stay. Flight benefits were a pro.
Great co- workers and friendly environment
Group Reservations Specialist/Revenue Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80239April 4, 2018
8 hours day, Monday- Friday
Great group of people, family oriented
Learned a lot on Customer service
Great office facility and kept clean and modern style
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2018
Pros
it is great place to work in perfect opportunities excellent job
Cons
I have no complaints about this job its amazing simply amazing
Advice to Management
You guys are great keep up the great work thank you for everything