Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews

Great place to start as a Flight Attendant
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 22, 2018
This is a great place to get into aviation, easy to get into other airlines. a good place to get great work experience, especially in customer service and safety training.
I loved my job!!!
STATION SUPPORT DESK SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2018
I loved my job. Helping agents at airports with flight issues. I learned that sometimes what you hear about companies is actually true and good analysis. I never want to work for a company that only cares about the bottom line. Caring about your workers make them care more about your company. I do not trust the higher ups in this company. A lot of deceitfulness goes on. The workplace culture was not bad at all. Just be careful. Some things you do on the regular and when things come in to play that you do not encounter often, it can be a little tedious, But things always work out. The most enjoyable part was the appreciation of the stations for the assistance.
Pros
Na
Cons
Get happy and comfortable in this company then expect to not have a job.
Great work environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 19, 2018
At times this could be rewarding yet stressful job. Hardest part of the job was making sure the passengers got to where they were going in the event a flight was cancelled for any reason. While doing this job I was able to learn how to do payroll, scheduling, bank deposits and even helped with new hires.
Pros
Flight benefits good work atmosphere
Cons
Station closed
N/a
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Reserve life is a killer. You are on call for 24hrs a day. You can be on reserve for up to 6 days. It is a low carrier airline. Your coworkers are amazing and this job is on a strict no lenience time strain.
Fantastic opportunity for a free-lance consultant
Full-Time Freelance Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2018
I was hired to manage and launch the FrequentReturns program - Frontier Airlines frequent flyer program. I have worked in the airline business for well over 10 years in both advertising agency work and as Director of Marketing for Continental Airlines for three years in Houston.

I professionally knew the executive management team from previous assignments and felt privileged to be part of such a committed team that brought the airline back to Denver. It was a one-year contract and loved every minute of it.

My biggest challenge was getting multiple departments on board with the program - training was a key element as was constant internal communication and transparency across ALL departments and management teams.

I gained a healthy respect for my IT partners and their commitment to the project. The ability to launch a new program when you are ready and TESTED to go was a big help in achieving success. The attention to detail was critical, but was shared with a passion with the team I directed on the project.

It was a great experience.
Pros
Passionate and committed team all working towards the same goal
Cons
Fast paced nature of the airline business
Bureaucratic nightmare, very poor communication about scheduling
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 11, 2018
I worked there as an Customer Relations Specialist (an outsourced hire through an employment agency, as did all of my coworkers, who were mostly college students). We went through a very fast-paced week long corporate training, then were released into the "QA" (Quality Assurance) process where we went through three stages of proving our skills. I was repeatedly "failed" on my work due to conflicting opinions of different "supervisors." I have worked in corporate environments before, and while I understand that Frontier is growing and in transition, the office I worked in was a hot mess of corporate bureaucracy and lack of consistency in what was communicated to us.

On one occasion I used their standard text template to respond to a customer email and was failed on it because of the wording I used. When I pointed out that I'd used THEIR template with THEIR wording, it was admitted that they needed to reconsider their own wording and change the template, but they stuck by failing me because I should have known better than to use the template and quote "Made it my own." Shortly thereafter, I failed another email response after having followed the very specific instructions from one supervisor, because the (different) supervisor who graded me didn't think the way I handled it was correct. Every day was like this. Then the supervisors would constantly leave and have "meetings" outside for long periods of time, leaving no one around to help all the new hires. I am a humble enough person and realize when I'm on the learning end of a job, but I am also very intelligent and care
  more... about my work, so it was incredibly frustrating to go to work every day somewhere where there was a huge lack of accountability and consistency.

They also told us that Frontier was being beefed up to be sold and all none of the employees actually were employed by the airline, even at airports (except of course for corporate employees in Denver and at our office). Beyond being crummy business practice (avoiding paying real benefits to hard working people), this caused a huge disconnect of service and accountability for our customers, and it was no surprise that we were constantly receiving complaints regarding terrible service.

Regarding our schedules, we were forced to "bid" on shifts. Shifts weren't guaranteed (no regular schedule) and the paradigm they used to determine who worked/when was never made very clear (supposedly it was a mix of performance, attendance, etc). Most of the time, I wasn't sure when I was working the following week, which is unacceptable to me. It's not that hard to put together a schedule, I've done it. I emailed the manager twice regarding my schedule and she just never responded to me.

Overall, this was a hot mess situation, where they expected you to have a very large/detailed knowledge base regarding their policies and industry specific information. I didn't feel the pay was worth the stress due to the amount of inconsistency and lack of effective communication.
Pros
Travel vouchers
Cons
Bureaucratic corporate BS, inconsistent communication of expectations
Flight Attendant intraining
Flight Attendant in Training (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2018
This was a very intense training program, one of the highest rated in the airline industry. The most difficult part was learning TONS of information in a short period of time to apply to your daily work life.
na
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 29, 2017
the employees are numbers and treated as such by management. They do not try to hide the fact from date of hire they are not expected to stay longer than 2yrs
Collaboration With Spirit Airlines Now
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIDecember 24, 2017
Provide Customer Service to customers via phone about their New airline tickets.
Establishing Care to customers about new services we may provide.
Providing Customer Care about flights and other amenities.
Good company growing quickly
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  DenverDecember 13, 2017
It's a great company to work for and but is growing quickly and as a result is experiencing "growing pains". Its management team has undergone several reorganizations and will probably see more in the near future.
Pros
Flight benefits
Productive and fun place
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 11, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of developing department communications and training modules. Collaborating with company representatives to secure client reservation resolutions. Following guidelines with company branding in regards to sculpting.
Great Coworkers, Not Great Anything Else
Manager (Current Employee) –  DenverDecember 4, 2017
Friends are made, but if your title is Director or above, qualifications include being unfriendly, backstabbing and willing to step on your employees for your gain.
Pros
great coworkers, and good benefits
Cons
leadership and salary
Very fast paced and busey
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2017
It was a very busey airport flight delays customer service itate customers everting you would not want to go wrong goes wrong but I had a method on how to overcome all of it positive attitude.
Great place
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 10, 2017
Enjoyed my time with this airline until it contracted the station out
My co-workers are like family and we worked together as a tem
to get the flight out.
Depends on th Vendor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 9, 2017
Depends on the contract company your under. I needed to reach the 150 character minimum so I decided that i would monologue. "why are we here, is it just to suffer."
good company but needs improvement
Ticket Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 8, 2017
i believe this company should raise the pay rate for the ticket agents because they’re responsible for so much and due to third party companies such as menzies aviation being connected to Frontier. they should make sure they’re paying fairly
Poor Customer servive as a airline
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working at SeaTac airport, the whole airline environment was great, customers were great. I really loved the experience and definably see myself working within a airline as a life time career. What I can't stand was working with a team of rude people that were just upright rude to passengers and having the unwillingness to help. I constantly was told I was one of very few people that worked for the airline that was nice and compassionate.
Pros
Flight benefts
Cons
team members
fast paced, work centered place with good travel benefits
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 23, 2017
You show up do your job and life is good. The place breaks down into teams a lot so each team will monitor who is pulling their weight and who isn't.
Pros
free flights and a number of local and foreign locations to pick from
Cons
The schedule is never set. It changes weekly and the best tends to get taken by seniority.
Fast-Paced
Operations Supervisor/ Ground Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
Great place to work. Had the opportunity to travel often within the airline. Learned alot about the aviation filed. Great opportunity. Everyday was a learning experiment.
competive work place,
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2017
Working in inflight can be difficult if you are not used to being on your feet for 18 plus hours a day. This company went out of business due to a merger with another airline and everyone was laid off. Otherwise it was a fun career to have worked in.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
long days and jet lag

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

35out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Frontier Airlines.