Frontier Communications Employee Reviews

Found 1,470 reviews matching the search See all 1,475 reviews
Featured review
Frontier Communications selected this as a representative review
Frontier provided me with an opportunity to grow and advance through multiple promotions as a result of my work performance
Sales Manager, East Region (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 13, 2018
Overall Frontier provided me with a great working environment and provided me the necessary tools and resources to be successful. Having been given multiple promotions and increased responsibility along with a strong mentor program Frontier was an excellent place to work. Great people that have resulted in long term friends and business relationships.
Pros
Base pay, commissions, mentor program, friendly, good culture
Cons
Mergers and aquisitions caused a strain on existing workforce
horrible culture
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2019
Nothing good to say about Frontier they moved into our AT& T Worked on the road for months at a time, no rhyme ono reason pay was only good because it was in place before they took over
Pros
Cons
mangement
Overworked
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 21, 2019
The good new is there is a lot of work to be done. The bad news it, there is a lot of work to be done. Overwhelmed with demands that are unattainable.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Overworked with unrealistic deadlines
Management lacks solid judgement
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 20, 2019
Many levels of management have no understanding of the competitive landscape as well as an understanding of what employees and customers want. Only focus has been on recouping losses on the California, Texas and Florida acquisition from Verizon. There has been no real interest in other markets in the country.
Pros
Fair benefits
Cons
No management support. No product innovation.
Company is struggling with its processes at this time.
Residential Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 19, 2019
The company's stock has been in decline indicating financial issues. I also don't believe they apply a customer first policy as well as they should. The employees for the most part are focused on doing the best job they can and are very customer oriented. The systems deployed in my environment often cost more time than the one replaced which was very frustrating.
Pros
Generally good paying jobs. Good healthcare benefits. Helpful, friendly employees
Cons
Systems are not state of the art. Management is not consistent
High expectations
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Upper management expects middle management to be responsible for every aspect of reports, even when out of their control. No data/reporting provided to perform tasks. Expected to figure it out. Peers are extremely helpful, without them, job is unbearable.
Pros
Peers are top notch
Cons
Pay, hours, expectations
it was a great paying job
Underground Communication Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2019
very stressful job at times when needing to install services

learned how to comunicate with customers

enjoyed meeting new people and seeing smiles on their faces when the job was complete
Move up fast
Collections Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 17, 2019
You have to take things with a grain of salt. People are mean and you have to keep yourself grounded, keep to the point. They are the one's that are not paying their bills.
Cons
Getting yelled at all day lol
Nice People to work with
Sales Support Analyst - Enterprise Sales (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Good Company, trying to get organized after buying out Verizon. I think once the company irons out everything it will be an amazing company to work for. Management very nice.
Pros
Good Pay/Benefits
Cons
Organization
Don't go down with this ship
Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Company losing customers like crazy, stock is close to being a penny stock now. If you want a long career, don't stop here. Employee benefits and pay have also been cut.
Was a great place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Was a great place to work, the only down fall was that the Managers had no clue what they were doing (They hired anyone to be a Manager)

-No raises
-No OVERTIME
-No security for the building
-Had to ask 100 people before getting an answer that even made since
Pros
Job opportunity's within the company
Cons
Short breaks and horrible Managment
Decent place to work
Fiber Optic Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Great benefits. Not too many opportunities for advancement. Typical day in my position requires taking phone calls, troubleshooting video, voip, fiber optic internet. C
benefits
Cons
little to no career advancement opportunities.
Too many chiefs and not enough indians
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  South RegionJanuary 13, 2019
Above Director Level only ones eligible for bonus now and below Director Level work non stop with no compensation/raises in 3 years. Many years no raise, steady increase in benefits.Upper Management has unrealistic expectations of it's employees and resources remaining. Jobs are not replaced.
Cons
no raises or compensation for job being done
Very productive and a fun work environment one would love to have
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Frontier is a very friendly place and managers are always encouraging their teams to achieve goals. Frontier has a specific work plan where everyone is enthusiastic to work. It's a place where one can learn different things and update themselves. Everyday is a new day. Most enjoyable work place.
Great place to work but no career advance
Pega Developer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Great place to work but no career advancement. Management is good and flexibility. Not good benefit as good other company. Life balance between works..
poor systems
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2019
The systems at Frontier are numerous, outdated and not interconnected. This makes for a poor customer experience and frustrated employees. Not a winning company.
Opportunity to make ends meet, however, the job is not secure
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I enjoyed the people of Frontier, however, the rules & options for bonuses are very strict. The environment can be very productive, but the parking was a bit extreme.
My typical work day at Frontier
Technical Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 8, 2019
My typical day starts as I get up early and try to get to work at least 25 minutes before the ‘start time’. In this way, I can avoid any delays due to traffic jams and can still be on time for work. Then, I sit down and plan the day. I jot down what all plans I have to complete and prioritize them depending on their urgency and importance. I check my voice mails and emails and the calendar and try to make plans such as organizing meetings and such. This way I can increase my pace for doing work and can be more productive for the day.

On a typical Monday morning, I usually begin by going over the list from the previous week. This way I can set up my priorities. I review the status of the projects that I’m currently working on and I try to finish any pending work, if present. I try to make sure that all the work assigned to me is moving forward and without any glitches.

I am also responsible for overseeing and coordinating my team’s progress on the various projects that are assigned to my team. I keep in touch with our benefactors and keep them updated about the progress of the projects and make sure they are happy with the performance and the statistics.

What I like best about my job is that a primary responsibility involves interacting with employees on all different levels of the organization and across all functional areas. I love that I get to learn new things about the company/business/market/etc everyday.
Overview of a work day
Sr. Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I get in to work and look at the ticket for my location and just start working them. We receive 40 to 70 tickets a day. We start with ticket that are P1. We work all upper management ticket first.
Pros
See Resume
Cons
See Resume
Uncertain future
Engineeering Manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 7, 2019
Company has a solid base of under utilized employees, leadership within the company has failed to develop and share a strategic plan for the future of the organization. Wage suppression for front line employees has been in place for two years.
I enjoyed working for Frontier, Company was very involved in the community
Small Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 1, 2019
Daily office duties;
Answer phones
Schedule community events
Schedule meetings
Maintained calendar for management
Employee performance evaluations
Liaison between Frontier and the IBEW

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight