Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Employee Reviews

United States1,943 reviews
Found 1,943 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Frontier Communications selected this as a representative review
Frontier was a fabulous place to work. We hated to see them have to sell off our division. One of the best companies in 40 years I had the pleasure to work for. Friendly, helpful, community active, really believed in family. It's rare today to find a company that when they say they care about their employees, and they really do. When they sold out our division it was the saddest days of our lives. Unfortunately the company we were sold to, for all who stayed on and gave them a try, eventually everyone quit. The pipe dream they guaranteed to Frontier and the employees they did not honor. They changed all the policies after the grace receiving period. Cut pay that was in place, cut positions and cancelled benefits. Went from heaven to heck in the matter of months. If you can find any other branch of frontier, dont ignore them. They truly are a great company from what I experienced in my division.
Pros
Cons
Sold out the division due to loss of profits in other areas
Upper management does not know how to fix the problems that have been plaguing the company for the past 5 years. They are constantly losing front line managers and not replacing causing a tremendous increase in existing managers workload
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overworked, harassed daily by upper management
July 7, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We assure you that we are still fully operational and continually working to improve for our employees and customers. If you'd like to share more with us, please contact us at FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.com.
Absolutely love it here, great location, great people and room for advancement. Would highly recommend working here. Great people and opportunities to succeed.
July 7, 2020
Thank you for sharing! We're happy to hear you had a great experience working at Frontier. We appreciate you being a part of our team.
I've worked for several companies in the communication industry and have never experienced lies, dishonesty and back-stabbing like I did at Frontier. My leader, an SVP, was an incompetent roob and would often call people out in group settings and intentionally humiliate them.

This is is a terrible organization. Very homogeneous culture that does not value diversity or inclusion whatsoever.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Terrible leadership from the COO down.
June 30, 2020
Thank you for sharing with us. We take pride in fostering a friendly work environment and culture where all employees feel equipped to succeed and can lean on one another for support. We are sad to hear you had a negative experience. If you'd like to share more, please contact us at: FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.com.
This company, as many, have their ups and downs. Find your niche, your mentor and stick with them. Do not get cornered into one group.become a value ad to the company so that you can move around and begin your career with good visibility. Over all, I would say they’re average, but with new leadership, it can thrive in today’s society.
June 24, 2020
Thank you for your insightful review. Frontier is changing and we're excited about the future. If you'd like to share any additional details, know you can contact us at FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.com.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Frontier is a sustainable career. Good benefits and pay, Upper Management has made poor decisions that have had a negative impact on the company as a whole. The people of Frontier are hard working individuals, and the backbone of the company. Once Upper Management decides to use the opinions of the frontline men and women of Frontier the company could improve many failed processes that hamper the company as a whole.
Pros
The people
Cons
Upper Management thinks they have all the answers
June 16, 2020
Thank you for your honest review. We take pride in having a strong team to help drive our success. If you would like to share more about your experience, please feel free to contact us at FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.com.
My sales rep was very patient and set me up with install time/packages in a timely manner and my installation technician installed over ten units in one day for me. They got the job done and saved me a headache for the following week.
June 9, 2020
Thank you for sharing! We're happy to hear you had a positive experience with our team.
Maybe will be better in the future if they will heed the customers. Frontier tried to not fix customer complaints and concerns.

The bankruptcy was due to non-care from management
June 8, 2020
At Frontier, we always strive to ensure our customers—like our employees—are valued, heard, and get their questions answered. We appreciate your feedback. If you would like to share more, please contact FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com.
There is a lot that can said about frontier. It’s natural for a company to have some issues.. in most cases those issues are resolved or at least there is a plan to move forward to be better.. this cannot be said from frontier. There are several issues from the sales rep down to the constant competition between centers. It shows a lot about a company when you can tell them what the issue is, provide examples, and reps names and still nothing is done. What is worst is you cannot express your frustration because your supervisor will do everything in their power to explain why YOU are wrong. No support at all. Management is catty, everyone has a favorite and it visible, morale sucks, respect.. What’s that? Frontier has the potential to be a wonderful company but they need to clear house and bring in new people.
June 5, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. We can assure you that a key priority is ensuring our employees feel valued and heard. If you would like to share additional information, please know you can contact us at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com.
For obvious reasons, I'd prefer not to review Frontier Communications at this time. It's well known and documented that Frontier has filed for bankruptcy and as such I don't think it would be fair to write any reviews about this company.
June 4, 2020
Thank you for sharing. If you do have feedback that you would like to share with us, please know you can reach us at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com. Thank you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Frontier Communications?
Decent company if you like call center work. Depends on manager your assigned. Typical office politics. Not a great balalnce between work and home life.
June 4, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate the feedback. If you would like to share any additional details feel free to contact us at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com.
working on out dated copper. needs fiber. management does not listen. workers are good down to earth people. hardest part is winters are tough (goes without saying). And summers are a breeze.
June 2, 2020
Thank you for sharing. Please know that staying updated with current technologies as well as ensuring our employees are heard and valued are a top priority for us. If you would like to share more, please contact FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.com.
Poorly managed in the past. As a result, Frontier is in bad shape financially. No clear cut goals were established. Increases in salary and bonuses a thing of the past.
June 4, 2020
We note and appreciate your feedback. We assure you that we are continually striving to provide a work environment where employees can set and reach their goals as well as be compensated fairly. If you would like to share any additional feedback, please contact us at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com.
Horrible management, like most places. Pay was great due to the union, otherwise, no one would be working here. "Figure it out on your own", everything. WTF was the stupid buffalo?
June 4, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. Please know that if you would like to share additional information, you can contact us at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com.
They will be pro you like a dog, the changes are unnecessary and managers don’t do anything about it cause it don’t affect their money when you’re not paid
June 3, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. We assure you that we value all our employees from the top down. If you would like to share more, please feel free to contact FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com
It's a great job. The company and the people are very fun to work with. It's one of the biggest tele communications companies in the business. I wouldn't change a thing.
June 3, 2020
We take pride in having a friendly work environment where employees can have fun, collaborate, and get their work done at the same time. Thanks for your review!
well it just going good, unfortunately my contract is about to be over. the team is well built. learn a lot in this place. the servers and the databases are built very well and working there is very fun.
June 3, 2020
We're glad you've had a positive experience at Frontier and are happy to hear you enjoy our culture. Thank you for sharing!
Frontier has excellent pay & benefits. They offer flex time if you need to leave early or come in late, & plenty of personal, sick, and vacation time off. Unfortunately, due to family reasons I had to resign, but if I could choose a job to return to it would be this one. Management was extremely involved and willing to work with anyone on any issues that arise, and it's union also. Great job!
June 3, 2020
We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience working at Frontier. We're proud to offer competitive benefits for our employees to take advantage of. Thank you for being part of the team! If you're ever looking to return, know you can find opportunities at frontier-careers.com
had a good time with the guys. (Vaping was crazy at times) But I think an actual 4 to 5 wk teaching session is better before u let guys into the field. It takes awhile to get comfortable & getting a pitch that u can be familiar doing.. Seems like the guys that make sales/most money are guys that have been there for yrs & were introduced to things when they were new & fresh.
June 3, 2020
Thank you for sharing. We always want to make sure our team members feel ready and equipped to succeed in the job. If you would like to share more, feel free to reach us at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com
Frontier has enormous potential! That being said they are currently undergoing bankruptcy. The challenges, reducing a huge debt load, repairing their customer service division (many unhappy customers), establish a culture of a "customer comes first" and opening internal communications within departments to address customer issues timely and effectively (currently a lot of "it's not my job" attitudes). There are many talented individuals within the company the challenge is finding leadership on both the local level and nationally that rise to this occasion.
June 3, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We note and appreciate your feedback. If you would like to share any other details of your experience, know you can email us at FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com Thank you.
Great place to work if you like being stuck inside all the time in a little box with very little movement and literally on the phone all the ring either selling which was great or calming down irate customers due to being passed Around to much
April 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly exploring ways to improve and make the employee experience better. If you have any thoughts on how we can make the call center experience better for our agents please send them to FrontierCareerFeedback@ftr.com
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Communications. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.