Frontier Communications Employee Reviews

Found 1,405 reviews matching the search See all 1,410 reviews
Great place for interns to gain sales experience
Sales & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PAOctober 20, 2018
Frontier Communications was a great place for interns to get real sales experience. Call volumes were very high, but rewards for sales were also very respectable.
Productive; fulfilling; stressful
Internet Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2018
Best part of the job being the management and the company address you by name, and they practice customer and employee appreciation. Hardest part of the job is dealing with tools (and some personalities) that do not always operate or answer questions for customers.
good benefits and pay
Sales and Service Technician (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 18, 2018
good manegmant good pay, you are your own boss. union job raise every six months good job security good frinds you get a truck and tools good tips and nice customers
Great Place to work
Sales & Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIOctober 18, 2018
So many years have passed since I've worked for Frontier, but it has been probably the best organization that I've ever worked for. They really seemed to care about their employees' well-being.
Pros
Company
Cons
travel
Serious no nonsense atmosphere in office
Commercial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYOctober 18, 2018
Frontier is a company in transition, and has been for awhile.Upper management has had no real strategic game plan to correct sales strategies.The company seems to be sitting back on marketing and competitive strategies to grow business.
Pros
Pretty good employee balance of work and home life.
Cons
Upper management seems to be out of touch.
Ok place to work but not enough pay
Tech Support-Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 17, 2018
They started off paying a certain amount and certain benefits like bonuses, which were appealing for the little pay. Then they increased our areas of responsibility but took away the incentives. They were also changing the support tools every few months and they became less efficient each time. I worked in the Intuit Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions department.
Pros
Daily recognition of accomplishments, upward mobility
Cons
Inadequate compensation, ineffective tools, nepotism
Worst job I have EVER had!
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 17, 2018
I have over 25 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. I hired on with Frontier after they bought Verizon in 2016 and it has been a nightmare ever since. I am an account executive in business sales. The quotas are insanely unattainable. The level of micro-managing is unbearable to say the least. The training is completely inadequate. Their systems are antiquated. Their expectations are completely unreasonable. They expect you to sell yet do not provide you with any support. Furthermore, they conference call you to death over nonsense yet expect you to knock on doors all day. Upper level management has no clue! They have no grasp on reality. Our customers hate us because we are incompetent as a company and it's extremely difficult to sell products that we can't even install properly. Basically we are a rudderless ship heading straight into an iceburg! Trust me, you don't want to work here!
Pros
They pay a decent base salary
Cons
They are an incompetent company!
nothing to say
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 17, 2018
nothing to say. I wouldn't recommend working at this location. The people were great locally. The over all management always seemed to be operating in panic mode
Was nice to have a place were off the clock you could relax and shoot basketball and play ping pong or just watch tv and relax on your break.
Sales Consultant C (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 17, 2018
On a typical day at work you handle between 50-60 phone calls. A different day brought a different experience. Management monitored calls, people were tight. The hardest part of the job would be the company setting unrealistic goals at times or not feeling like you have job security. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people i was fortunate to meet and work with.
Pros
Food truck outside, prizes for sales
Cons
You had to follow a adherence level which made it difficult do deliver the best customer service
Great company
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PAOctober 16, 2018
Great company to work for. The pay was INCREDIBLE as a sales rep.
There were meetings often to go over promotions or what’s new.
Management was great at my location!
Pros
Great management, commission plan, base pay
Cons
Abuse from customers
No work life balance
Supervisor/Coach (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 16, 2018
Frontier, I feel, is still trying to find it's identity. Employee satisfaction is secondary because it is lost when it comes to middle management and their focus
Great coworkers, but...
TELECOMMUNICATIONS CUSTOMER SERVICE/RETENTION (Former Employee) –  Everett, WaOctober 15, 2018
A majority of people I worked with were great. Unfortunately management and corporate had very poor communication, especially with the frontline employees. It got to a point where employees from other centers would drop very irate customers on our center and although you could “write an act ticket on them and send it to your supervisor” no disciplinary act would take course and it just got worse. Pay was OK but in the end Corporate ended up cutting commission making it difficult to make money off of any sale and then we would get daily emails saying how poor our sales were. The president of the company even put out a statement blaming the failure of the company on the hardworking reps. The systems that we had to use were constantly failing or down creating a difficult time in calm handle time which also impacts your pay. The hours of operation made it incredibly difficult to plan anything around your schedule during the week (unless you’ve worked there for a long time). And there were many times where our center was threatened to be shut down with the other centers nationwide that were discontinued. The company lost so much money and went downhill so rapidly that in the year and a half I worked there, my center went from over 150 csr reps to maybe 30 due to either people leaving scared of job security or being let go.
Pros
Good incentives. Great coworkers. Some fun “team” competitions
Cons
Poor management. Very strict time management.
It was great till the end.
Customer Service/Collections Rep for Business (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2018
My job was protected by the union. Citizen's communication did no care for unions. They moved my job to Deland FL and gave us severance depending on how long you had been with the company

I cannot speak to how the company is run today.
Enjoyed my time
Regional Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2018
This was my first corporate recruiting job and I really enjoyed my time with them. I was part of a collaborative team and had a very supportive manager who challenged me. I enjoyed recruiting for the multiple offices I supported in the Northeast.
Pros
Travel, employees and the office
Great environment and people
SALES AND SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 11, 2018
Frontier feels more like family than it does a job. I learned how to become a salesman. The daily calls were anywhere from billing to technical service and I loved every single one.
Good place to work with a lot of great people
Territory Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2018
Good work environment with a lot of available resources for increasing knowledge. Plenty of highly skilled employees. Clear direction is lacking and there are a lot conflicts between teams.
Pros
Flexible hours, work remotely, good support
Cons
lack of upper level management and direction
The company lacked leadership
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 9, 2018
Frontier Communications paid it's employees an above average wage, but they treated their employees in a wrongful way. Weekly, we would get emails about how we need to strive to get better, even though we were beating the other 7 Frontier call centers in sales every month. Everyday employees would get sales emails stating, "If we don't do better, then maybe this isn't the job for you." A very demotivating company to work for in the end.
Tough Industry Demands Vision
Sales (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 8, 2018
Unfortunately, the vision and direction of the company is flawed. Resources not allocated quickly enough to adapt to the evolution of the industry and customer.

Always playing catch up.

Great opportunity to learn - difficult to manage constant operational and strategic failures.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of Strategic Vision and Leadership at Senior Level
stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 7, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this place to no one to work here because this place is poorly managed by the top dogs and the managers is poorly trained and very unorganized.
Pros
co workers are best
Cons
management sucks
Maintenance Administrator
Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 5, 2018
I was hired as a contract employee awaiting the conversion to complete from buyout. Then we were abruptly let go 45 days sooner than contract.
We were responsible for correcting the problems with services provided for Landline telephone, TV, Internet, & Dish.
Pros
New call center / at time was new to State
Cons
Short lived posotion, did not turn to a permanent job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight