Frontier Health Employee Reviews

Good beginning job for someone fresh out of college. Good preparation for Licensure
Child and Family Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TN and Bristol, TNJune 22, 2018
Great people to work with in a good environment. Help is always there when needed. Supervisor always available for conferring with. Supervision for Marriage and Family Therapist license.
Pros
good people, support, good management
Cons
high case load and long hours
high turnover
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJune 20, 2018
Frintier healt does not care about their employees only them money they make off of them. I have a friend who has worked her for ten years and is just now making $11 an hour. when I worked there my shift was supposed to be 7 days on 7 days off but instead I worked 80 hours one week and 40 the other.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
Pay sucks
Residental tech (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 9, 2018
You get paid nothing. It is impossible to survive on paycheck. I only worked here because I loved what I was doing. For the amount of work we do we deserve more pay.
Pros
Free meals, pto, health insurance, people
Cons
Pay, no breaks, expectations
Extremely dependent on work location/site
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 1, 2018
Absolutely loved my position (as a school-based counselor), but that was more to do with the actual schools themselves. I have noticed that each Frontier Health site varies to a great degree. As a whole, the company pays very little (even when considering the low cost of living in the area). The benefits are acceptable, the people are really nice and helpful, although there seems to be a disconnect between the corporate office employees and clinicians. One of the biggest problems I've noticed colleagues having with this company (not personally), is lack of self-care/tendency for burnout. Although many managers and site directors (including mine, fortunately) are very attentive and supportive of self-care, others seem to want to drown their employees in as much work and stress as humanly possible.
Pros
Nice people, helping people, lots of PTO, decent benefits
Cons
Extremely low pay, low professionalism and poor communication at some sites
Poor Management and low wages
Residential Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 24, 2018
I worked 16 hour shifts as a residential technician in blocks of 3 days. Pay was not worth living with 10 mentally ill patients for 3 days out of the week. House Manager was amazing but all other upper level management were not helpful in the least. I had to call 4 different times when I moved just for them to change my address. I did not receive my PTO payout even though I did turn in and work a two weeks notice. Would not recommend this company to anyone overall.
Good way to get your foot in the door.
Case Manager II (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 17, 2018
Pay is awful but great people to work with. Good way to earn experience in the field to help you advance in a different career. Advancement is hard to obtain.
Fun place to work and learn about the mental health world.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 8, 2018
It’s a lot of information to take in and especially if you don’t know insurances. Once you get over the nervous feeling and get your own routine down, you’ll be moving right along. I love my boss and coworkers, they are all helpful and friendly.
Hoping my contract gets bought out, this is my last forever job.
Pros
Coworkers, Office, Learning something new everyday
Cons
Low pay but ok to start out at
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rogersville, TNApril 7, 2018
This job is laid back and a great work environment. It does get stressful at times with the lack of work of other employees. Great bossess, great co workers and I love helping others.
Bad management lies from begining.
Maintenance Technician/Apartment Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, VAMarch 29, 2018
Bad management lies from beginning fail to warn of hepatitis exposure and not offering vaccine for it. Case managers openly talk about clients private info to others. I worked there three years and only raise in pay was 20 cents total for all employees except upper management. Everyone talks about others behind their backs. Bed bug exposure.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Everything else.
A lot of work with little pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gray, TNMarch 14, 2018
Working for Frontier Health is a great start. It is a great way to get experience under your belt. They do not pay you based on the work you do. They are always short staffed and demanding more from you. People that are hired after you are more than likely making more money than you are.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Little pay
Working at Frontier Health
Cash Application Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gray, TNFebruary 15, 2018
Working at Frontier Health has been rewarding but I am at the point in my life that I feel that I need to do something else. The people are great and we fill like a family
Relaxed, friendly place to work
Adult Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TN 37620February 1, 2018
The work can be stressful because of the nature of the business. Sometimes there can be crises that you have to deal with. However, the management is relatively relaxed. They are very understanding when it comes to personal needs and they try to be as supportive to an employee as they can. As a case manager, I meet with clients daily and work on needs that they may have. This can range from helping them to get a phone or pay a bill to getting them into housing or getting them disability. The work is very rewarding, but it can be heartbreaking, and they don't pay very well for the work you put in. However, they have amazing benefits and this makes up in part for the pay. To succeed here, you have to be a team player and be willing to work hard. You also have to have a love and desire to help people.
Pros
AMAZING benefits, flexible schedule, relaxed work environment, paid mileage
Cons
low pay, potential for crises situations, lots of mileage on a car
Poor at every level
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJanuary 29, 2018
You are lied too from day one. They make the rules up as they go. The clients are amazing loveable people but if you work at FIB, good luck. I worked there and was belittled, lied too and went home crying most days. Poor, poor management.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Everything else
Bad place to work
Resident Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 24, 2018
House managers are awful they are mean to clients and staff. Wages? Haha better live in your van cause that's how much they pay!! Work all the time they cannot keep staff because of the pay and the way they act.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Nice place to work if you like people and being poor
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Wise, VADecember 19, 2017
Good place to work, but has an extremely high turnover rate. This is directly due to low pay and benefits. It is a good place for new graduates to gain experience. Somehow the management hasn't figured that out yet! I enjoy my actual job. The added on three jobs are a bit much. My position pays one-fifth of the going rate. A good first job.
Pros
Generous PTO system
Cons
Low wages across the board
Bad place to work.
SAP Counselor/Arts Club Director/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain City, TNNovember 1, 2017
A typical day was clearly chaos. Everything was run haphazardly. Staff did not use confidential clearances. Often times clients names were used out in public. Lots of back biting. Bad work place culture.
Pros
Free mentoring
Cons
Staffs lack of professionalism.
Productive and very interesting environment
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VANovember 1, 2017
I enjoyed the environment here because of the clients, they really made it special and fun. Not only did I get to see them advance at a new skill, I also had some of the funniest moments in my life while working there. It was a rewarding place to work, not only did the clients grow and learn, they taught me and my fellow staff members lessons in life. I would highly recommend someone to get a job here.
Pros
Training classes with refreshments, being able to travel and take the clients to interesting and fun places
Cons
Having to deal with petty jealousy among the other employees, and extreme long hours
Terrible manager
Manager and Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 29, 2017
Upper management was bad, not fair, and judgmental. No management style and no type of "set" or "secure" days. Culture was bad and was like a dictatorship.
Very rewarding working with adolescents
Adolescent Tech (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The only reason I left was because I was accepted for a full time position at KCS. I was thankful they let me work there while I was at another job.
Pros
free food, some down time
It is a hostile work enviornment
RN (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 9, 2017
Currently employed with them and the rules change on a daily basis. The staff overall is good. The management is not so good. Supervisors do not offer to help you. It is all about themselves.
Pros
Good PTO
Cons
no breaks, terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight