Frontline Managed Services

Frontline Managed Services Employee Reviews

United States117 reviews

firmlawdesktrainingyoullclientraisestart

Good stepping stone

Job is a good stepping stone especially if you are on a dedicated team but leveraged teams (multiple client teams) have it pretty rough. I wouldn't recommend to say more than a year

The job is set up for failure

You can get a good start else where, don't apply to this job. The benefits are good as anywhere else. This place is so disorganized, valued employees are expendable.

Frontline Managed Services insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

An isolated and demoralizing experience.

Clock in, take calls, go to break, take calls, go to lunch, take a break, take calls, clock out. Sometimes there are snacks. Days pass like molasses till you look up one day and four years have passed.

You will not be trained in any meaningful way

If you join up with Frontline, good luck getting any sort of actual training. Some teams will give you 4 weeks of training on how to create a ticket and format legal documents, but you'll never learn how to help support the users at your assigned firms. Some teams only give you one week of training with the promise of more training later that never comes. Either way, you will be woefully unprepared for your responsibilities if you have never worked a support desk before. Upper management has even admitted to me that training at the company is useless, and they have no plan to fix it. Managers rarely ever have the time to help you, they either ignore you or pass you off on to another manager. But they always have time to stand around and laugh around the windows while you are busy drowning in calls and emails. Pay is unfair. You can either be on a team that gets 5 calls per day with supremely easy escalation processes, or you can be on a team where you get 30 calls a day, everyone is rude to you, and you have no escalation path. Both teams are paid the exact same hourly wage. You will be asked to support users who are irate about the simplest of issues while they make more money in the length of the call than you do in a day. It's best to avoid this place if you have other options.

Pros

Job CAN be easy

Cons

Job can also be very hard, Workload is unfair, Pay is relatively low, Management doesn't care very much, Users can be rude and unforgiving, massive imbalance in work to pay ratio

Great people working as analysts. Most of management is helpful.

Management was helpful for the most some. If you had a genuine need for more training you got it pretty quickly. Plenty of opportunity to move to different teams covering different law firms.

Great company

I love working got Frontline Managed Services. Everything about the company is great. I have absolutely no complaints and I look forward to being with them for many, many years.

Not bad depending where you go

This job isn't really that bad, I feel supported by my team and management and when I make mistakes it's not treated like the end of the world. But, there is a clear difference of workload depending what team you are put on. Some teams are seemingly overstaffed while others are drastically under staffed.

Pros

relatively laid back culture

Cons

Unbalanced work load

Decent entry level, but horrible long-term

I'm lucky enough to work on a dedicated team, only employees have to work on a leveraged team that often handles calls from 50 different firms. Even within dedicated, it can be awful. Rules and policies change on a whim for no transparent reason. They act as if they're a transparent company but are transparently slimy. I was switched to a new pay scale when they upped the wages for new employees, but they failed to mention that this change means you only get raises every 12 months instead of 6 months, meaning I'm making less money in the long-term. The turnover is high, and you're often expected to train new employees without any prior notice. If you want to get your foot in the door in IT, this is a fine enough place to start because of the high turnover, you'll get hired easily, but it is so awful to stay longterm, benefits will get worse at random times too. My holidays were randomly taken away from me.

honestly if you're on the fence get a different job

I will not recommend this job to anyone mainly due to the clients and the workflow. The clients are lawyers and the entitlement is on another level so if that is something that will bother you mentally stay away. As for the workflow, it is not uncommon for me to have to remote into 3 computers just to do a simple task and all of them are going to have the computing power of a goldfish so every single part of the process takes 10 years long for absolutely no reason.

Pros

4 week (not)training, pay if you have years in relevant experience

Cons

everything

Great culture, stressful work, low pay

If you have a background or aptitude in tech and computers, but no real experience or education to put on a resume, this is the job for you. I'm gonna be straight, the job is stressful, the clients can be difficult to work with, the pay isn't great, and the training is lacking. That being said, there are no required qualifications. It's a pretty sweet gig if you prefer working your mind rather than your body. The office is comfortable and clean, and there is the possibility of working from home under certain circumstances. It's a low paying job as far as IT goes, but it's pretty decent compared to other low skill entry level jobs. Job security is also very good. Company is growing and is constantly adding to teams as people move to other teams or move up. I started to burn out on it after a little less than a year, but a vacation goes a long way to help that, and pto and floating Holliday are relatively generous. Though I blew through my PTO when I was out due to covid. Bottom line, if you don't have hard skills but want to get into IT, and can handle the stress and uncertainty of what is essentially a call center job with IT trappings, it's a great opportunity to get some experience, and decent job.

Dead end job for dead end pay

You get what you pay for and this case that's not very much. They should pay more, they can afford it. People don't deserve to be treated like animals

I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone

If your looking to start off somewhere this place is not it. You will be promised this and that to be under paid. Anyone off the street could apply for this job.

Nice workflow

Job has a nice work flow and I learned alot from the people. Eveyone on the team are allways looking to help out. Sometimes when it gets super busy you might be overwhelmed. But once you get the hang of your team it's smooth sailing.

very bad company and staff to work with

The workplace is full of disturbance and the staff was not supportive at all. Never want to help a new person when asked. The manager was just helping friends and very unsupportive to new people.

I guess

A great first step into IT and very nice co-workers. I like the benefits but don't think I get paid enough to deal with some of the people or the amount of firms we have to deal with on a regular basis.

Pros

Saturday Pizzas

Cons

Stressfull

Decent First Job in IT

This place starts off very promising in interviews but be weary. The raisrd aren't actually a dollar but only about a 6% increase. My raise was only 60 cents. Training here sucks. After a short training period you are thrown to the wolves. This causes very high turnover.

Pros

Easy to get hired. They give two weeks off for the year.

Cons

Pay sucks and so do the raises.

Revolving Door

They were great at first. Went above and beyond to accommodate me and were friendly. But then you become no longer useful when they realize they can pay newbies starting pay and have poor quality analysts than pay tenured analysts at their higher rate of pay who know every user's name at the largest client they have and work more overtime than anyone because no one wants it. And when you go, it's in a dirty, shady underhanded way that blindsideds you.

Pros

$1 raises every 6 month's

Cons

Dishonest, managers not held accountable

Great place to learn

Learned a lot during my time here. Decent first-step into an IT career. Working with so many different firms allowed for a lot of knowledge to be obtained with various applications.

the people are awesome

The work was very fast after training and I didn't feel like they really prepared me for the work at all. after the training they kinda throw you in the deep end and I never used any of the training they provided, mind you I scored above 97 percentile on all of their training courses and a 99 on the final.

Pros

good time off

Cons

training is not useful almost at all

Great employees, difficult work

At the Maumee location the management and other employees are very awesome people. The pay is also great for the area, and a solid option for people who are struggling to get out of retail and food. What forced me to leave was the amount of stress this job truly is, and I've dealt with retail during the holidays so I've experienced plenty of stress. I don't want to scare anyone from taking this job because some people are absolutely awesome at it! However, I would only recommend it to people who really have a background in computer tech issues OR do not get overwhelmed easily with being completely clueless about something and having to learn it on the spot (while simultaneously pretending you're an expert to the person on the line with you). Speaking of which, the clients are people who work in law firms, from secretaries and paralegals to attorneys themselves, so they don't necessarily have time to wait for you to learn it. It's really not a job for everyone and I quit before I found a new job because it was *that* overwhelming for me personally. Like I said, the management and other employees are truly extremely kind and helpful. This location has a great culture. But sometimes awesome coworkers do not make up for the job itself and that's something to consider.

Pros

Great coworkers, helpful management, decent pay

Cons

Stressful

The hours are good but the pay raises are very small if any.

When working in the office it is a very boring job with no support. During the pandemic it has actually been a lot better as you create your own environment and do not have to deal with the office politics. Pay raises have nothing to do with performance but who management gets along with. You see your manager maybe once a year or so depending on who you report to which is good. If you work in collections you can not beat the hours as most collection jobs include nights and weekends and this is a daytime job. They have expanded quite a bit in the last few years so there is room for advancement now. Whether this is a good job depends on what you want in a job. Can be boring unless you move into management but again the hours are great.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Boring work with no positive reinforcement

Common questions about Frontline Managed Services

Answered by current and former employees at Frontline Managed Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontline Managed Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits