Frost

Frost Employee Reviews

United States376 reviews

banktellerbankingbranchculturecustomertransactionadvancement

Great Company

This was a great company to work for. They provided the right amount of training needed for the position. The entire company felt like a team. Everyone was always willing to help.

Management doesn't listen to issues within the department

There is favoritism with the long term employees because they've worked and known each other for a long period of time. The atmosphere is very exclusive between new employees and long term employees. It seems that the long term employees are there just for their paycheck and work less, as they seem to feel they've paid their dues. The turnover is high because there is not much room for advancement. The workload is high and the expecation are difficult to reach. Management wears blinders to the problems, instead of working on the issues. The work environment is stagnant and complacent.

Pros

Nice building.

Cons

Expectations are overwhelming. Like you're doing a job of two people

Frost insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good Company to Bank with, not so much to work for

Upper management gives you a hard time about using accrued PTO throughout the year. It is like pulling teeth to get to use at least an hour of PTO. PTO is discretionary, yet they still ask for the reason as to why you will be using YOUR earned PTO. The company culture is very gossip and clique like. It is in the conduct codes for employees to not be this way yet it still isn't followed. Management cares more about coverage more than anything. The pay is decent but the workload at times can be overwhelming. Customer is always right, because Frost works in the "blue" as they call it. At times exceptions are made for unruly customers, and these customers expect it to be a routine habit for exceptions to be made all the time. Upper management allows it because Frost provides "top-notch customer service". If you work retail, during the hiring process they tell you, that you will work 2 Saturdays a month at most. In reality, you work every Saturday a month. Working 6 days a week, burn out runs rampant. They preach about work life balance, but you rarely get it here. Other lines of business often keepIt is a good company to bank with. It has great benefits for its employees but its hard to utilize some of them at times.

Pros

1 Hour Lunch

Cons

Work Life Balance = Non existent

Cult

A rigid and cult-like environment. If you do not meet standards, you will be gaslit until you either quit or they wrongfully terminate your employment within the first 90 days of being hired. They should be ashamed of themselves

Great company

Great company to work for. Pays more than most banks In San Antonio. Super nice & helpful coworkers and management. Call center has a very high call volume so can be stressful at times

Fun Workplace

Culture between employees is great. Makes work enjoyable, only down side is that in some branches you have to be both a teller and banker. Can be hard to advance

It's okay

Job is pretty repetitive but that is expected.... some management isn't the best but Frost does really take care of you, and offer security. It is risky as far as fraud and other things but it is expected with the role.

easy internship

super easy internship in marketing dept. let me work from home and rarely gave me assignments. sometimes boring in person but overall not terrible. got a free lunch every tuesday and got to meet nice people

Pros

people, culture

Cons

poorly-structured internship, often left alone when in office bc everyone worked from home

Great company

I learned so much about responsibilities and customer service working here for a few years. The training is great and so is the hands on training you learn yourself!

Great company decent managers

It really was a great place to work. Pay could be better. The company itself has values. Management in Austin is ok on the banking side. I would work for them again just not in Austin

Great Culture

Great culture, leadership and work environment starts with the CEO and all levels of management are on board with maintaining the company's core values.

It was nice until..

The onboarding process was very quick. I got a job in under 2 weeks from applying. I was a PT employee and I was also pregnant when I started working. I was at the bank for almost 7 months when it was time for me to go on maternity leave. When discussing all my benefits I was told I would get paid maternity leave for 12 weeks. The day before I left the HR department let me know I would not get any paid maternity leave AND it was 6 weeks leave. I was so sad and so shocked. So my leave was up at 6 weeks, came back and quit. I didn’t think it was worth it anymore. I had been so disappointed.Other than that, the environment was so unprofessional. Girls were always gossiping and always getting annoyed with each other. Some were nice but others just had problems with each other. It made it very awkward. Management was very nice and understanding. Pay was average, could’ve been better with my experience. I would negotiate.

A great culture but is adverse to change

I have loved my time at Frost. 90% of the people I have worked with are amazing people. It speaks volumes of the type of people Frost desires as employees. There are, however, big problems with how slow Frost is to adapt new technology and to keep up with changes in the banking world.

Pros

Work culture. Opportunity for advancement. Degree of autonomy.

Cons

Changes happen slowly if at all.

Fun place to work and nice people!!!

I absolutely Loved working for Frost Bank and would definitely go back. They had amazing benefits and 401k!! The managers and supervisors are also very nice to work for.

Pros

Fun events, and food

Cons

Had to work 6 days a week sometimes alternating the motor bank.

Management is Poor but Company is Great

Most of management is on a power trip and is unprofessional. They do not help with growth or mentorship if you want to move up. Depending on department their is no room for growth. Lots of people sitting in their spots until retirement. Pay is “competitive”. Yearly raises are small. There is no compensation. No bonus. Low sick time accrual. They did increase their maternity leave. High turnover in departments due to poor management. Lots of departments short staffed. Systems is very outdated, lots of manual work.The company often holds events for employees like food trucks, and having vendors come in office to show appreciation.

Not bad, could use improvements

Not a bad place to work. If you don’t live in San Antonio there isn’t a lot of room for growth if you’re interested in doing anything outside of retail banking. The company spends more on expanding and opening new locations than it does on maintaining older locations or it’s technology. The buildings look great but the internal technology is outdated. Teller systems crash often, and bankers aren’t adequately staffed. If you work in retail as a banker or teller your needs are ignored. Some branches are busy and require an extra person or two but the company ignores this creating great stress, over time and no work life balance for the front line personal bankers and creating high turnover. Being promoted isn’t based on your skills, it’s like running for public office. You have to campaign keep your nose clean and become close with the group and regional managers. You’re promoted on whether the right people know and like you not on your skills or ability.

Excellent company values

The company and all your coworkers value you working there. There are many opportunities to grow within the company, and the culture overall is one of the best I’ve ever worked for. I wish they would expand to have their employees work out of state once initial training is complete

Grey area

Customer is always right. Tellers always get the short end of it all. Worked long shift when short staffed. If you have kids they make it hard for you to fit their schedules.

Horrible

Internal audit has a horrible culture . Management does not teach or support. Constant yelling and arguments between directors. Lots of politics and bullying.

Opened new accounts, greet customers as they walk in the branch.

I will not recommend this company to any one who still has dignity in their professional life as a Banker. Lack of direction from the management and communications especially when you are new first on boarding. The people there are not inclusive and make other ethnic groups such as Asian employees feel unwelcome.

Family oriented

Getting hired at frost bank has been a blessing! I felt welcomed as soon as I started working here. You can definitely make a career in this company throughout the years.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frost. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Frost.
Powered byComparably

Compare Frost with

Frost reviews by popular job title

• Frost