Frostburg State University Employee Reviews

Quiet, friendly workspace.
Tutoring Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 26, 2018
The great thing about working on-campus is the ability to still get coursework complete. Even on less busy days, there is always something to do, makes the few hours go by really fast. I enjoy working at the tutoring center.
Pros
Clean
Cons
No breaks
Decent School
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 24, 2018
A decent school. Not much to be said really except there was not much activities to be had on or off campus mainly in the winter when it is EXTREMELY COLD.
A Way To Earn Extra Money
AmeriCorps Student Driver (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 1, 2018
I arrived to work everyday, showed my ID so the police department would be able to release the company car to me. After doing so, I would check the vehicle (gas, breaks, outer appearance) to ensure the safety of driving before picking up passengers. I would drive to designated locations to pick up and drop off passengers and escort them to various work sites. Once I completed my duties for the day, I returned the vehicle and keys to the police department and log my hours in. I did not see the manager to often unless I needed to but she was somewhat friendly. That is definitely not a career job but essentially something to do to earn extra money while you're in school.
fast paced
Account Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MD 21532April 20, 2018
FSU is a unique and challenging place to work. Its fast paced and sometimes the hours are long but people are helpful Sometimes there are weekend hours.
Desk work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDApril 19, 2018
I'm a Graduate Assistant, so I only work during the semesters that I am in school. It's a two year program and I am nearly done my first year. Good people to work for, understanding, helpful. Can be stressful during certain seasons.
Great work environment and with great people
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDApril 17, 2018
This job was through work study so it was much benefits. Work study is when a student who attend the college is able to work on campus and earn pay. While working here i've improved my customer service skill and also mat a lot of great people. The work hours also work great with my class schedule.
Pros
Great hour, management, pay, work environment
Cons
Great Place for a student wanting part time work
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDApril 5, 2018
Great opportunities for work study students. Several offices have student workers, makes minimum wage. Most bosses become mentors to students. Can find offices related to field of study.
Good work study environment for students.
Assistant Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDFebruary 1, 2018
Working at FSU as an assistant computer technician was fairly easy work, so not stressful at all. I was a full-time student as well, so my manager worked around my schedule. I was responsible for data entry for different hardware around campus, updating system software at different buildings, as well as logging hardware information for devices around campus. The job was a breeze and did not utilize my potential, but gave me a great opportunity to gain experience in the technology field.
Productive and social workspace in office
Hospitality Chair/ Programming Chair (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDDecember 22, 2017
Come in office to work office hours, learned how to plan and cater events through the school including reservations and meetings with people. Worked many diverse events and many collaborations with other campus organizations. Have meetings every Monday to discuss process of our events through out the semester.
Faculty are cut-throat
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDDecember 13, 2017
No one helps each other and some individuals are always treated as outsiders. I have seen fellow co-workers in tears because of others. Turnover is unbelievable. International faculty come and leave in one year.
Pros
Students are great
Cons
Co-workers are just plain mean

Want to know more about Frostburg State University?

Ask a question
Hated it.
PROGRAMMING COUNCIL MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDDecember 9, 2017
Everything sucked about this job. The hours were long and stressful and as a full-time student, I had trouble keeping both on campus work and school work balanced. We would work throughout the day and well into the next day sometimes. I don't recommend this job at all.
Graduate Assistant at FSU
Graduate Assitant (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDOctober 26, 2017
Working as a Graduate Assistant at FSU in the Computer Science department is great. The benefit of paying for part of the tuition is reason enough to pursue a position as a Graduate Assistant, but I also really enjoy working with students and helping them debug their projects.
Pros
Part of tuition is paid for
Learning Experience
Teacher Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDSeptember 13, 2017
I held an intern position and I absolutely loved it! I was able to gain experience in my field as well as earn a grade while doing so. The professor was extremely welcoming and allowed me to engage with the students to ensure that I was getting the most out of my internship
Pros
Cons
Short internship
Fit in or find a way out
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDSeptember 9, 2017
Clique oriented advancement. Standards are often arbitrary and outmoded. Some great people and some people that will make you wonder how they get dressed in the morning.
Pros
Flexible, Nice area for natural beauty.
Cons
Challenging culture and social situations.
Fine college job
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDAugust 29, 2017
Taught college algebra courses and tutored for physics and mathematics courses at FSU. Fine way to earn some extra cash for the weekends and had a flexible schedule.
Good work culture, flexible atmosthere and better benefits.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDAugust 17, 2017
The best place to work on campus, access to many resources like 3D printers, iPads, Laptops , robots. Encourage to work on innovative projects, I personally learned to develop projects on Raspberry Pi and 3D printer. Fun activities like lunch parties ant that evening pizza. One of my favorite jobs.
Loved working here, hardly ever felt like work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDAugust 3, 2017
I'm probably biased because I was working in the same department I was majoring in, but I absolutely enjoyed my time both as a student and employee at FSU.
What I learned
Phonathon Caller/Phonathon Superviser (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 28, 2017
My time working for Frostburg was a productive one as i learned more about myself as how i will function when put in positions of authority, as well as how it honed in my skills
Great Marketing Experience
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 23, 2017
This was an amazing marketing internship. I was to explore numerous fascists of marketing. For instance, my supervisor allowed me to assist her with the marketing research for the Frostburg State University meal plans.
excellent program
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 6, 2017
Frostburg State University was one of the best decisions I have made! Excellent training and experience. Compassionate and caring professors. Amazing training to get a solid clinical background.
Pros
small supportive program