Fry's Electronics Employee Reviews

Found 1,481 reviews matching the search See all 1,484 reviews
Computer Components Sales
Computer Components Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2019
I would advise anyone who wants to work at Fry's Electronics do not work there. Low pay and bad Management. Fry's Electronics pays to low most of the jobs at store are commission. So if you do not sell you do not eat. Hourly is 7.25 and not worth the it. I would not recommended working here. Cost of living in Austin TX is to expensive to have job with low pay like 7.35 hour and on commission.
Pros
Electronics. Learning Computer parts
Cons
low, pay and commission, High turn over rate
Great start job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Fry's is a good place to restart into the work force. Commission sales is very unethical. My store mangers were great. Loved coworkers. Great medical.
Pros
Making friends, learn on the job, good benefits
Cons
Commission sales odd and used to eliminate workers
nice work area
Audio Video Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 17, 2019
This company is helpful and has helped me to get the job i want and made me learn many skills , but they need to work on changing some employees that makes them loosing business in the Car Audio area.
a long time ago in a place far far away
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
I do not remember a lot it was a long time ago. I remember having some good times with my co workers. The stores are always really clean. A good job for high school kids and college students. Everyone is always friendly and helpful.
Pros
clean stores and nice co workers
Cons
no benifits
Don't do it
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 16, 2019
Don't work here. Management is so obsessed with sales they will do anything legally and illegally to make a sale. Also for an electronics store all the Point of Sale systems are very out of date.
freys electronics
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Working at Fry's can be stressful sometimes. There is a lot of miscommunication between manager and team leads. They make you wear white dress shirts and make you go retrieve merchandise from the warehouse and everything is filthy
Is fun place to be at you learn a lot
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAJanuary 15, 2019
is a good place to start while you studing. also i learn working with a lot people.they help you to be get promoted and become a part of the management.
Truly Awful Management, Minimal Pay.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2019
The Good:

Interesting work environment. Some associates and some management are a pleasure to work with. Rapid hiring process. Employee discounts.

The Cons:

Just about everything else. Antiquated point-of-sale system. When interviewed and hired, management did not explain that position was part time. No benefits for part-time employees. Some managers are rude, and have minimal (or less) management skills. Managers show favoritism, tend to micromanage, gaslight employees; while at the same time providing minimal feedback to help you perform your job. Managers make inappropriate remarks about former and present employees. Poor training. If your strength is Customer service and satisfaction, it won't be appreciated here.
Pros
Hour-long lunch breaks
Cons
Too many to list, but by far the most concerning is favoritism and unequal treatment of employees
Sign of a dying lion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2019
strange, salary is either an hourly wage or commission- whichever is higher that week. this means on slow days you often a WAITING for a sale and have to work extra hours to get enough pay.

Management is a mess. Personal information and addresses are all in a log book that everyone can see. The rows seem to follow little to no logic, with cell phone sales becoming mashed with appliance sales? Not joking.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Working at this establishment has allowed me to put multiple skills into practice; patience, team work, communication, money transactions, time management. Great place to start if it is your first job.
Pros
Great team communication
Cool people to work with but they all cycle out
Components Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 8, 2019
Turnover here is pretty amazing, if you stay for a year you can consider yourself a long time employee. A lot of people you can meet here are really cool but the responsibilities are 5 times more than what any best buy employee does and the pay is maybe 70% of what best buy employee’s make. This store is way cooler than best buy but they don’t care much for the workers so you cant expect much working here.
Pros
Commission can be good if you can sell
Cons
If you suck at selling you getting minimum wage
Hated it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
The managers if you wasent kissing there butts you had no chance at all. The hours are crazy not set at all. They expect you too close the store and the following morning after you got off at 1130 pm you got to be right back up there at 830.
Fun and Friendly
CASHIER/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2019
Very busy. I learned about different televisions from style to quality. Management was great. The culture was great everyone gets along. The hardest part was when doing returns or refunds people weren't always happy. Meeting new people from all over the world since working in Las Vegas you meet a lot of tourist.
mismanagement all around along with placing blame on others
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 5, 2019
A typical day at work would be clocking in and heading to the receiving department, checking freight and parcel deliveries as they come in and data entry to the electronic log we keep. I learned how to supervise others because I had never been placed in a role similar to that before. Similarly I learned how to prioritize certain tasks above others while still completing all the necessary assignments. Occasionally we would have our District Department Managers come in and assess our procedure as well as discuss our variances from the last quarter. The hardest part of my job was taking in shipments of 1000+ items and accurately counting them to make sure the merchandise was accurate with the packing list provided with it.
Free workspace but not worth it
Appliance-Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2019
A lot of free will go do as you please most of the time but terrible pay, little to no advancement on positions or pay, and terrible management. Starting pay is minimum
Pros
1 hour breaks, free will to do as you want usually
Cons
Management, no pay raises, too much work for little pay
worst place to work
Floor Sales Representative in Audio/Video (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 3, 2019
this place was the worst place ive ever worked $7.50 per hr + commission. every sales representative fighting for every potential customer. Force to push their extended warranties or get fired if you dont make that sale whether the customer wants it or not, and mostly they dont,.and pray the product you sell doesnt come back, or else you'll be paying back that commission and the commission of the extended warranty
Pros
Cons
pay back commissions upon any returned item within 30 days
Good temporary job
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 3, 2019
- Commission based job
- Work with customers to find the best products for them
- A lot of busy work (i.e. cleaning, fixing, etc)
- Learned how to not take no from a customer, and continue pushing
- Honestly, reminds me of high school
Pros
You make your own salary, easy place to work at
Cons
Asked to stay longer than scheduled, commission, management trainees get paid minimal plus commission
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 2, 2019
They had us stand most of the time which made my knew injury worst. My knee would go numb a lot during my shift. They pay wasn't that great for the workload.
Audio/Video Sales (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 2, 2019
Fun place to work, learned a lot about Home theater systems, Worked with Samsung, LG and Sony TVs. We had meetings every Friday to help understand the new products arriving each week.
Amazing company
Appliance and Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CADecember 29, 2018
I love this job. As long as you get your work done, and apply yourself to making sales you will be fine. I knew nothing about home appliances, and now I know lots more about something I didn't. I had great mentors who taught me a lot about selling things. Like how to recognize what a customer is looking for, and what is the best way to present certain feature sets.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Great Environment, Organized Computerized System
Cons
At this store, managers can be disorganized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fry's Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fry's Electronics.

Powered by Comparably