Fry's Food Stores Employee Reviews

Its a fast pace job with heavy lifting
Baker (Current Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZJune 19, 2018
I enjoy the fast pace work. And the people that I work with. The mangers very with their expectations, some are easy and some expect the impossible. Both have given me good examples on how to perform my job.
I would like longer lunch breaks instead of two ten minutes breaks.
Friendly
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 19, 2018
Normally, on any day, most employees are well taken care of unless on special occasion or holidays when everyone has to work overtime to meet demands but its a fun friendly place to work.
Fry's foods
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZJune 18, 2018
Best people they work u until u can't work anymore but at the same time its a best jobs for teens it teaches them respect independentl
If you're over weight thats the place to lose it it's like ur working out all day
Pros
Free stuff sometimes in the break room
Cons
3 breaks for 8 hrs
Relaxed but busy
Produce Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
Fry's can be a rewarding place to work, you just need to put your time in and enjoy what you do. Don't slack off, if there isn't anything for you to do talk with customer to establish a friendly carin environment and help them with there shopping needs. Learn the store layout over time on how to direct someone to a certain area and there can always be something to clean. Keep busy and stay positive. The business has great benefits and help for retirement options when you are ready.
Pros
Employee discount on Kroger brand items
Cons
Hours flex, days per week are different
Great Entry Level Job
COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZJune 6, 2018
Great place to work! Managers are friendly, store is professional, customers are nice, work is relaxed. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a job.
This was a great place to learn how to handle food.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 3, 2018
Everyday at work generally would be bagging groceries, collecting carts and assisting customers. I learned a ton about how to take care of food and how a grocery store functions. Everybody here would generally be very friendly, the hardest part of the job would probably just be moving heavy items. I enjoyed how many friends I made working here, as co-workers we would hang out with each other outside of work and go places like going bowling which was awesome.
Pros
Free lunches, Gain food knowledge, meet good people, weekly pay.
Cons
Short breaks
First job
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2018
I was responsible for bagging groceries and collecting carts. Putting things back on shelves. Helping customers take the groceries out. I learned about customer service, being kind to people, interacting with all different types of personalities good and bad. I am a person with special needs and I felt that wasn’t taken into consideration at times. I felt that my coworkers did not try to understand my issues which made it stressful for me.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Great fast paced workplace. Very exciting and fun.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 31, 2018
I loved this job. Everyone had a great personality. Comfortable relaxed workplace. Managers were great as well. Wonderful perks came with this job. They work with you if you need more flexible hours.
Go Somewhere Else
Produce Clerk, Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Anthem AZMay 18, 2018
Bad management with poor practices. Constant poor and hostile work environment. Expected to accomplish multiple jobs in only 40 hours. Flat out refused to even reprimand employee's clearly on drugs or alcohol. Next man up mentality and coordinator's, who more or less controlled promotions, would rarely visit your store or reply to your emails.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 9, 2018
This company provides one of the best first job experiences you will ever have. The people are fun to work with, each store functions as a team, and the benefits can make up for the pay.
Pros
Comprehensive benefits
Cons
Short breaks, dilapidated equipment
Departments
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 7, 2018
All depends on the department you work in. Some departments you are working alone or as a team. Everyone is usually very nice and friendly. Hours are based on how long you have been working there and the department you work in.
Pros
Different tasks
Cons
Working alone most of the time
Decent work enviornment
Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 6, 2018
It's hard to stay on task when doing other jobs. I worked floral but would constantly be pulled away to cashier or help other departments. The managers claimed we didn't have good time management but would cut our hours and still expect us to do other peoples jobs. When I was in my department I learned to make flower arrangements, take care of flowers, and helped customers with picking out bouquets. The hardest part of the job was the upper management not willing to help our department when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to play with flowers and helping the customers.
Pros
Benefits after a year of work, flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, unhelpful employees
Great first job, not a career
Front End Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carefree, AZMay 6, 2018
Great job first though you'd be absolutely foolish to expect a laudable career to manifest from it. Nor should nay plan a future within the Fry's Food Store organization.

This job should merely be treated as a necessary foray in your working life; and as launching pad for future jobs.
Pros
10% discount for all employees
Cons
limited hours, far too many employees per position
Productive and fast paced.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 3, 2018
Running self check out is fast multi tasking. Customers know you by name was a great thing. I learned that just by smiling, having patience and always greeting a customer and making sure that what they came there for I assist them in every way possible so they left happy was a plus. Great work place!
Pros
Extra breaks
Cons
Health care
Laid back job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 29, 2018
Fun environment to work in. Customers were friendly. Management was disorganized at times. Learned to accomplish tasks on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the elderly customers to their cars.
Friendly place to work
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 29, 2018
Love the management, my employees in my store.I learned how to work with elderly people that require lots pf patience.Typical day at work working with nice employees. Hardest part is having our hours cut.
productive and helping people
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 25, 2018
the hardest part and best part about frys is the customers. some days you have great customers that make your day and some days you have customers that make it hard. all in all its a good job place to work with the benefits and hours.
Pros
friendly co workers
Great place to work for young part timers
COURTESY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZApril 10, 2018
For someone going to High School or College, Fry's Food Stores is a great place to work at. For my store in particular however I felt stuck in the same place and couldn't advance up. This is not always the case for others tho.
Pros
Great coworkers, good managers, decent customers
Cons
Depending on the store, may not be able to advance
good place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 9, 2018
it was a great first summer job, lots of nice people and managers. i worked a lot of hours which was great to keep me busy over the summer. they offer a lot of great benifits in the store.
it was a relaxing job
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 8, 2018
overnight stock was kind of stressful at times but the people were friendly and helped each other when they needed it. the managers were really nice and reasonable