Fry's Food Stores Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2019
Was a good company but when it came down to everything they screwed me out of a promotion and $5.00 pay cut per hour I will never work for them or anything of their b offiliates again
Pros
Awesome customer services
Cons
Poor management
Fun fast pace
CSR customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJanuary 9, 2019
Great place to work, friendly staff, good management, Some unrealistic goals to meet but give you tools to help you meet those goalsNeeds work on hourly wage pay and benefits
Pros
Advancement, pay raises
Cons
Not fast enough pay raise adequate training
Overall not an amazing environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJanuary 9, 2019
It was okay, but a pretty stressful environment because of the nature of the store. The store was very busy. The customers and the cashiers would request different things from me as an associate who did different things for the store. Sometimes I felt very stretched between different jobs and my hours were not desirable.
Pros
Discounts on Fry's Foods
Cons
Bad work environment, Stressful, bad management
Good first job
All Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 4, 2019
Great learning experience and or stepping stone career for customer service and retail sales. Always chance for advancement and growth for an employee.
Poor
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 1, 2019
Stressful work environment with a lack of effort from many managers and staff, poor treatment of customers, very heavily favored towards older staff while new staff was treated poorly.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, terrible hours, terrible people
Easy on your body, hard on your emotions at times
cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 31, 2018
Working at Fry's isn't the best job in the world but when you're first starting out, it's quite ideal compared to other beginner jobs out there. I was a cashier at Fry's and so I did a lot of standing all day but it was inside an air conditioned building. All I did was scan customers groceries and made sure they felt special. Nothing complicated about this job at all unless the customers get complicated with you and that don't happen too often. It's only stressful when you get a couple of mean customers who think it's cool to treat you like trash. BUT HEY!!..what can I say...it's a customer service job, it's bound to happen every now and then. Other times it's the high school workers who get on your nerves, in my experience it was usually high school girls who would bag groceries for you and talk a lot of smack. I'm saying this as a dude too so us guys ain't safe from some of the messed up things they can say. Anyway, the best part of this job is putting a smile on a customers face.
Pros
discounts on certain groceries, physically easy
Cons
mean chicks, bully chicks, stalker chicks, creepy chicks, and scary chicks
I'm not sure how to feel
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZDecember 30, 2018
After working there for a few years, a lot of things had changed. At the store I worked at, management had been changing frequently, speculations had been going around that managers didn't know what was actually going on in the store.
Management was not so great.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2018
It's good for high schoolers looking for a little pocket money but not for making a living. They give as few hours as they possibly can. I suspect that's why I was put in three different departments. They only give part-time so employees don't even qualify for health benefits. I had one neighbor who worked at the same Fry's I did and they tried to force my neighbor to work the day AFTER she gave birth to son.
Pros
Like I said before, it's only good if you only need part-time work.
Cons
Low hours and mistreated by management.
Fun place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZDecember 18, 2018
It was a very good company to work for.My co workers were easy to get along with. I also appreciated my supervisor ad well. She was a very down to earth person. The customers were also awesome.
Not worth it
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 13, 2018
Bad management and inconsistent work schedule. Tried to schedule for myself but they constantly overlooked it. Management is hard on courtesy clerks and we did not get paid enough for the acknowledgement we received.
What I learned
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 12, 2018
Work-life balance and culture was nor realistic today's society.

Working at Fry's was an eye-opening experience.

The hardest part of the Job as a manager was being able to play "politics" and deal with the clicks within the workplace.

The best part was being paid weekly.
Pros
Weekly Paycheck
Cons
Work Place Culture was toxic and Favoritism was rampid
Great Place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZDecember 11, 2018
Loved working for Kroger. Loved to atmosphere and co workers. I really felt like part of a family. I was sadden to leave but my family relocated for my Fathers job.
Quite horrible, customers are rude, managment sucks but rarely get good managers, some coworkers are alright but they need to know when to back off.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 10, 2018
What is needed to know is that it's not worth the pay, it Totally sucks overall unless you're a teen in high school trying to make a quick buck, it's a Job for newcomers and shouldn't be treated as a career. Management treats you horrible and they get paid a lot more then you just to be a glorified cashier.

#FreeHector2k18
Cons
Over worked and under payed
Ecommerce Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2018
This company is a joke. They make you work to death for minimum wage, expect you to do the job of 5 people in a specific amount of time and dont care about their employees.
Cons
Over worked, underpaid
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZNovember 27, 2018
I started working there and they acted like I would be able to advance as well as work 40 hours a week. Neither was true. I left to find a better opportunity to provide for my wife and kids sense they clearly were not providing that.
Decent part time job
E-Commerce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZNovember 24, 2018
The job is easy to learn and to keep up with if you're in shape. I dislike the customers that grabbed me and coworkers that did not understand the concept of personal space. It's fine if you need a quick paycheck.
Pros
Paycheck is every week, discounts
Cons
Handsy customers, and everything else
not great if you want to grow
ClickList Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2018
As a company, frys/kroger provided little room for college graduates/college students to grow. they pay the absolute minimum for what seemed to be the max amount of work.
Coworkers not friendly
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 17, 2018
At fry’s if your not management you feel like the black sheep and the fake people in management are sickening if you want a paycheck for mindless work and if you Have blinders on and can also handle management pretending like they care then this is your place to work
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Dealing with management and their fake sense of Caring
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2018
It is a fast pace work environment, Always make sure the customers are highly satisfied and got what they need. Great team work and helping each other
fun but very stressful at some times.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 9, 2018
This being my first job, I can confidently say I learned more than I expected. I deliver great customer service, handle money at the cash register very comfortably. My managers were definitely a big part of my learning experience, I couldn't thank them enough. Fry's work place is, and always has been, very comfortable and friendly. Everyone accepted me right away, and never made me feel like I couldn't ask questions. Being able to brighten customers days' was the best part of working there. The only downside, beside the minimal hours, was that when I was put on a longer shift, I noticed I wasn't getting the break time that others were given.
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours.