Fry's Food Stores Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work, fast pace with low pay
E-Commerce Lead/Mgt (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 20, 2018
The people are great and the company is great, the days can get long and the work fast paced. The pay is more than fair for the industry but not enough for a family to live off of. A young single person might do ok or a married family member as additional income.
Pros
Great People and fast pace
Cons
Fast pace low salary
fry work place
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 13, 2018
Every day was something new to see and learn from. At first it was kinda hard but I got the wholed of it so the day went by faster. The management was nice and good they help me out whenever I needed it. The best part is when you see your name in the reviews from the customers.
Pros
everyone was so nice and friendly
Cons
some of the customer
poor management
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2018
Management was poor in keeping employees in line and liable for their actions. Bullying was present, and upper staff did not make an effort to put an end to it
Scheduling Conflicts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2018
You have no say so on scheduling. I was hired for evening and as soon as my manager switch stores the new manager tried to change my schedule. I don't recommend this company if you have schedule restrictions
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2018
Frys was awesome, i was able to learn multiples of departments.
When someone called out i was able to fill in and learn new things every time. My coworkers were awesome, they knew they could rely on me for help if it got really busy.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Short of hours seasonally
Productive and uplifting environment
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 1, 2018
Working here teaches good team building skills. Our motto speaks for itself. When you feed the human spirit you can make a difference in someone's life. Everyone is friendly and treated with respect. The hardest part of the job is meeting customer demands because they are always changing. The most enjoyable part of the job is making customers happy.
Pros
Employee discounts, paid vacation, career advancement
Cons
Short breaks
The Company
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZ 85388June 29, 2018
The company as a whole does not care about the associates. All that is talked about is the benefits and how they go out of their way for their associates, this is false. Yes, there are benefits and a few discounts, nothing is communicated properly.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
Unable to take vacation time
Good job but with a couple problems
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 24, 2018
A few problems with where I'm at but one of the better jobs I've had. Most of the time it's great but a lot of times managers don't make sure people are doing their jobs.
Pros
10-20% off, unionized
Cons
low hours right before you reach one year
Supportive of Personal Development
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJune 23, 2018
Performance reviews were frequent, and training was often. The management staff met with me often to discuss direction, and provide insight into where I should put my focus
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 21, 2018
Working at Fry's was stressful. When it would get hot and I'd have to bring carts in from the parking lot, I would become dehydrated and I'd let them know what happened, but they would tell me to keep working outside.
Pros
Long breaks.
Cons
Pay for food.
its a job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 20, 2018
hours and management are ok. the equipment isn't great and it needs updating.the people are good. and the environment is decent. overall it a job and its ok.
Its a fast pace job with heavy lifting
Baker (Current Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZJune 19, 2018
I enjoy the fast pace work. And the people that I work with. The mangers very with their expectations, some are easy and some expect the impossible. Both have given me good examples on how to perform my job.
I would like longer lunch breaks instead of two ten minutes breaks.
Friendly
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 19, 2018
Normally, on any day, most employees are well taken care of unless on special occasion or holidays when everyone has to work overtime to meet demands but its a fun friendly place to work.
Fry's foods
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZJune 18, 2018
Best people they work u until u can't work anymore but at the same time its a best jobs for teens it teaches them respect independentl
If you're over weight thats the place to lose it it's like ur working out all day
Pros
Free stuff sometimes in the break room
Cons
3 breaks for 8 hrs
Fun enviroment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 14, 2018
This job is a easy and laid back job, while it can get busy the job is never overwhelming. This was a great job for me to work during my years throughout high school
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Nothing to challenge you
Relaxed but busy
Produce Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
Fry's can be a rewarding place to work, you just need to put your time in and enjoy what you do. Don't slack off, if there isn't anything for you to do talk with customer to establish a friendly carin environment and help them with there shopping needs. Learn the store layout over time on how to direct someone to a certain area and there can always be something to clean. Keep busy and stay positive. The business has great benefits and help for retirement options when you are ready.
Pros
Employee discount on Kroger brand items
Cons
Hours flex, days per week are different
Great Entry Level Job
COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZJune 6, 2018
Great place to work! Managers are friendly, store is professional, customers are nice, work is relaxed. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a job.
This was a great place to learn how to handle food.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 3, 2018
Everyday at work generally would be bagging groceries, collecting carts and assisting customers. I learned a ton about how to take care of food and how a grocery store functions. Everybody here would generally be very friendly, the hardest part of the job would probably just be moving heavy items. I enjoyed how many friends I made working here, as co-workers we would hang out with each other outside of work and go places like going bowling which was awesome.
Pros
Free lunches, Gain food knowledge, meet good people, weekly pay.
Cons
Short breaks
First job
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2018
I was responsible for bagging groceries and collecting carts. Putting things back on shelves. Helping customers take the groceries out. I learned about customer service, being kind to people, interacting with all different types of personalities good and bad. I am a person with special needs and I felt that wasn’t taken into consideration at times. I felt that my coworkers did not try to understand my issues which made it stressful for me.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Great fast paced workplace. Very exciting and fun.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 31, 2018
I loved this job. Everyone had a great personality. Comfortable relaxed workplace. Managers were great as well. Wonderful perks came with this job. They work with you if you need more flexible hours.