Frys Employee Reviews

Don't do it
Courtesy Clerk/Porter (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 16, 2018
I have a union and even with the Union I had/have constant issues with management. Most issues have never been resolved. The 401k option is dismal at best since they have lost money rather than make it for me.
Fast paced
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  43rd and bellApril 7, 2018
I loved my job, not a big fan of the Phoenix division of Kroger. Poor management, and lack of training are two big things I struggled with at frys versus city market. Also a Kroger store
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2018
Fun place to work atleast the location I was at, you can move up in the company I only left due to not getting paid enough to pay all my bills. Managers were very nice.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Low income
experance and prociders
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2018
helped me with people and the levels of the job was able to complete., people and complete level in store and csi cores with store level. of policy, also
Pros
working with good people
Cons
short lunches
Poor company
Customer Automatic Ordering (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2017
Too much favoritism and unfairly treated. It doesn't matter how much of a hard worker you are. They will promote new and not so good employees instead of the hardworking ones.
Fine first job
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2017
A typical day at work involves no sense of direction. Lack of available bodies and huge employee turnover as they are always understaffed. Management is mediocre at best.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Shortage of people
productive and joyful at the deli
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 29, 2017
My associates at the day are full of energy and always ready to work. we make sure customers are satisfied from 5am to 11pm. Every day we take out the freshest meats and cheeses. We even make sure every chicken we fry is cooked at the right temperatures.
Pros
Friendly, Helpful, Competitive, Focused
Cons
discounts.
Busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZNovember 29, 2017
Lot of work busy all the time part time liquor manager lot of work busy price changes managers were awesome but always very busy i also did floral and general merchandise im jack of all trades
Frys
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZOctober 31, 2017
Working here was awful because management does take advantage of you if they know you wont say no. I recommend this job for nobody it is awful an tiring an the pay was so awful.
Pros
Cons
Lunch
Boring and bad management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 25, 2017
They say they treat employees likes a family yet treat them like dogs and are quick to write up anyone for any discrepancy. The management goes from store manager to the other department managers but at my store it goes Front-end Manager to Store Manager then everyone else.
Pros
occasional free food in break room and quarterly bonus checks
Cons
management
Team work and Accountability
Cashier/Bookkeeping (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZOctober 13, 2017
They train you well. For the most part everyone worked as a team and people were held accountable for actions and work performance.Being union if you weren't grandfathered in to old union benefits the benefits weren't great. Had to wait one year for insurance to kick in.
Pros
Team work there was big bonus. Well trained
I was in deli
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2017
Manager is disorganized they made it hard to get a second job. They don't care if u loose your house because of no hrs. The union don't fight for u. My coworkers they were great to work to with.
Pros
Its always busy
Cons
Managers are tofaced
Can be fun but very fast paced
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 18, 2017
When I first started of they didn't really show me where and how to do things so I pretty much learned as I went. Most people were friendly and the front end managers were not all that friendly as well.
Cons
Short breaks, the heat
The employees are great but poor management
Cashier/Customer service desk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Management needs to take responsibility for there actions when they are wrong, its the right thing for them to do. The company is good but just not the management at store level they are horribly
Great place to work . Awesome staff
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2017
My time at fry's was great and would recommend this as a great no experience job for high schoolers. I wished they pay more for how much work you end up doing in each store .
Great customers no respect for employees from managers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 30, 2017
I am expected to come in early if need be, clock in and start taking customers at my register. I have learned great skills about customer service working with great customers. Management plays favorites and it affects work hours, work moral and the overall atmosphere.
Great place to work and i enjoyed the environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working here , my team was fun and motivating. They stayed positive they say because of my energy. We worked together as a team and made sure everyone was okay. My management team was always on site if we had questions or anything of the sort.
It could have been better
FREIGHT CLERK (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 18, 2017
It's like any freight crew job. Managers didn't really help until half way into their shifts. It was hectic with not enough employees. Most of the work was directed toward experienced employees. It was okay, but I never got my benefits which was weird because I thought I would get it after working so many hours. Their was definitely a clique at that store.
Cons
No benefits
Fun enviorment
Stockers (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 18, 2017
Was an ok work place. Management was fair. Good hours. Friendly enviorment. Enjoyed working for the company turned out the hours they changed didn't work with what I had going on in personal life would still recommend company
Productive place to work always something to do.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 17, 2017
Fry's is a place where there is always something to do you can do you assigned job and also help customers navigate the store to find what they need while also delivering a special experience.
Pros
Great benefits, insurance, bonus
Cons
Work atmosphere is sometimes high schoolish