FSG Electric Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not there yet
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  NYCSeptember 23, 2018
My opinion only! I think the concept of FSG is there but the NYC division is sloppy to say the very least. The team in place isn’t in my opinion up to handle work in NYC. They use temporary workers and do not have anyone who I would consider an electrician. Seems like they low bid the work and hopes for extras. Typical fly by night tactics but they have an advantage because FSG as a whole is a much larger company. I say stay away for a few years till they figure it out or flop.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No control, no perks, not friendly
Sucks
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILSeptember 10, 2018
I would never want to work for a company who keeps their employees in the dark to whats going on. We were underworked and underpaid...well at least I was
Great work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 13, 2018
Great work environment and awesome staff members as well as management. Learned how to work with a forklift and enjoyed getting along with all staff..
Family oriented business
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2018
I have a 19 year investment in FSG Electric, as they have the same investment in me. The business is well managed and has the client base with back log to prove it. It is a family oriented business with a long history and a strong, proven business model.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Fast based; can be stressful at times.
Good Place to work,Great Benefits
Electrician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJDecember 8, 2017
Our Day consisted on Replacing New Light Fixtures for the Purpose of lowering Energy For company's Benefit.
I Learned how to use a Bucket truck,and Aireal Boom Lifts
Management was OK
I did not Like the Fact that Employees were Grouping up according to their Ethnic Backround ,They were all Friends and People who either went to school together or Lived in the same Neighborhood,it would create work Problems.
The Hardest Part of the job was Trying to work Different shifts some were Day Jobs some Had to be done when the employees of any co. were not at work,which is understandable.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Was no Team Players
fast paced
Field (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
good company to work for. always hiring and giving raises for those who show there worth. some days can be long from digging a hole or pulling wire. but worth it
Productive and a great environment.
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2017
The management at FSG are very pleasant individuals to interact with as well as giving the necessary assistance to help their employees. They are fair with individuals in not discriminating against someone due to the fact that they may have a criminal history. Everyone can receive the same equal opportunity. The hours are great. Anyone has the opportunity to advance or have a learning experience to increase their knowledge.
Pros
Great opportunities for an Apprentice to learn and gain knowledge.
Cons
For me there were none.
Great place to Work
Energy Auditor (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 19, 2017
But after all the years of work and effort i was totally taken advantage of Financially. I was loyal, Dependable and gave it my all. But the hospital was also in a Bankruptcy era. jTo much wasted management and everything went downhill.
It has been a great work place
Electrical Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
FSG has been a great experience. It is a good work environment and a lot of great people. I have learned how to deal with many types of personalities in the construction world.
Pros
Benefit pay
Good company
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
Its a good company to work with the only think they need is to pay a little bit more and. Need to give us bonus for the jobs we do and i will recommend these company
productive, informing, and great people
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJanuary 6, 2017
My time at every company I've had the pleasure of working has always been a learning experience. Good or bad the lessons I've learned have been valuable to my growth and development. every step or misstep is conducive to shaping me as a model employee.
Pros
much needed lunches and break times
Cons
health care, and benifits
Great Company
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
Great Company, Friendly Staff and great work atmosphere. I enjoyed my time at the company and enjoyed contributing to the organization.
FSG Electric
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2016
I treat my work and wiring like art work. FSG Electric has given me the motivation of taking on projects on my own. I was able to experience planning out the perfect way of running wire, rather than a plan already given to me. I was given the opportunity to show the skills I've gained over the 3 years in the electrical field and I would love to continue to gain experience in this skilled trade.
low pay
Commercial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2015
long days, low pay, kept me busy. Worked with some really great people, worked with idiots. Large corporate business, just another number. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
full time employment
Cons
numerous
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2015
most of the foremen are good to work for. the company appreciates hard work and are willing to help you advance in the line of work.
Great Employer
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 6, 2015
FSG is a great company to work for in this field.
I enjoy having something slightly different to do from day to day, presenting challenge and daily opportunities to learn something new.
They offer career growth, benefits and good working environments.
Great Family Own Company
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXApril 3, 2014
I loved working for this company. I resigned from this company on February 15, 2013 due to my husband taking another job out of town and we had to move. I would recommend this company to any to work for.
Pros
Great Co-Works
Cons
Really no cons
Young office, friendly employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  lynnbrook, nyJanuary 21, 2014
Long days, pay could be better but overrall very fair and honest company. Highly recoomended
Productive,and fun place to work at !
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2013
Run conduit ,pull wires install fixtures or appliances.Trouble shooting circuits .i learned how do work safe and complete my job in a professional manner.The management was excellent they took time with you if you had a issue and walk you through it until you understood any problems.the hardest part of the job was when you were paired up with a lazy person,you had to pick up the pace .Cause in this line of work it can easily become a hazard.What i like the most they did not hesitate to promote you if you stepped up to the plate .
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
health care and 2= 15 min breaks
Good Company to work for.
Electrician/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 24, 2013
One of the better companies to work for. Better benefits than most companies in this particular field of work. You are not just a number there as is the case with most large companies.