FTI Consulting, Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent place to be challenged and grow
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2018
FTI is a busy place, solving difficult problems for Clients. We have high expectations from new hires through our senior people, and these expectations translate into tangible, positive results for our Clients.
Work hard / play hard
Sr. Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 1, 2018
The company provided a ping pong table and co-workers had a good sense of humor. When things needed done, there was pressure to get it done on-time and with quality. The hardest part of the job was managing deadlines against supporting dev-ops and keeping systems up and operational while going through many process changes.
Reward is the challenging work
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
High impact and high stress work make the environment exciting. Colleagues are among the best and brightest I've worked with and learned from. Very demanding yet that is what the work requires at times.
Translator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2018
Coworkers are amazing and understanding.
FTI does not let you work from home. Culture is very stiff and exclusive.It can be stressful to work here at times.
Average
E-Discovery Attorney (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 3, 2018
Company culture is average. No room for growth as a doc reviewer. Strict phone policy and no internet allowed besides that necessary to review the documents.
Great place to start a career, but depends on individual situation
Consultant / Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
Your experience will depend on your team and practice. You may get assigned working exclusively on a huge long-term project almost full-time for perhaps years. This is not the norm but could happen. On the other hand, I've had the experience on working on variety of different engagements throughout the year both within my team and across different practices/segments.

Additionally, depending on the structure of your team, you may have opportunities to manage and mentor early on, or your practice may be top heavy with few opportunities to manage projects.

Overall, a great experience to learn over the first few years of your career, but opportunities to e.g., manage or pursue your own clients, may take a long time to materialize.
Pros
Exposure to large/interesting/in the news projects.
Cons
Occasionally stressful work hours.
Hated this Job
Real Estate tax accountant preparing tax returns (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMay 24, 2018
Didnt work at the office was placed at a clients off. Work life balance was terrible and I hated the manager but the director and senior director were good people
Constant interaction with other segments and coordinating with them
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Extremely busy but doable, challenging at times.It was the type of role where you had to be steps ahead. Focused and observant. Hardest part was trying to get 4 Senior Managing Directors aware of where they had to be, managing their calendars and making flight arrangements, sometimes for all 4 at a time. Most enjoyable was the constant flow of work and being busy.
Mash up of different cultures...
Director, Corporate Finance & Restructuring (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2018
FTI can be great if you line up with the right team. It's hit and miss because the firm is a roll-up of so many small firms. My group did not care about leadership qualities at all.
Large focus on sale but less on delivery
Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2018
It felt that we were focused many times on selling something to the client rather than understanding what their needs are and how we could help them. This led to challenges in delivery as what we sold wasn't always what they really needed us to do.
An excellent place to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2018
An excellent company to work. Despite the long commute to the office i enjoyed working at this company very much.
The employees are very professional and the management is very knowledgeable.
Pros
Nice culture
Cons
I had a long commute
N/a
Senior Director, Technology Services (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2018
FTI is a highly competitive environment and work responses are expected around the clock, late into the evenings and over weekends, especially given the global environment we operate under. The team is solid. You can count on everyone you work with to deliver, so there is no question on available resources and work product.
Temporary Japanese Language Document Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
FTI is an excellent place to work. The workplace culture is pleasant, the management is very capable and the projects are interesting. I very much enjoyed the team I worked with.
Senior Consultant
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2018
Working at FTI was a great experience. One of the best aspects was that I got to do a lot of traveling. Working in forensic accounting is very interesting. One of my biggest cases was an insurance fraud case, where I was in Kansas City for six month. There was a team of about 50 of us from all over the country. I made a lot of friends. I also gained a lot of experience in investigative accounting methods.
Pros
good benefits, traveling, management
Good work/life balance
Senior Director, Director, Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2018
The work/life balance in my group is good. The company is loosely structured where each group to a large degree works on its own, however there is some cross-functional collaboration as well.
Ability to work as part of a team
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 3, 2018
Dedicated and enthusiastic place to work and consistently receive outstanding feedback for workshops. Proven expertise in establishing rapport and building trust with staff from a variety of backgrounds,
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Can't say anything bad about the work place
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 1, 2018
I was very fortunate to be able to work from home during the entire 15 years I was with FTI Consulting. I traveled a few times to the office, but the home office was in Maryland so travel was considered no longer required after about my tenth year.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Worked from home...work sort of never leaves when it's always at your home
Web Marketing Department (New York, NY)
Web Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
One of the Directors of Web Marketing department is a micro manager that does not value her employees and sees them as expendable. It will take about 3 months of working in this department for an employee to realize they’ve made a big mistake. The employee turn over rate in this department is very high. I was one of six employees that left this department within the year. Word of advice, if you want to grow your career, look elsewhere.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work culture within department, passive aggressive environment, poor work life balance
Lasting Projects, Direct & Clear Communication, Professional Environment
Document Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Good place to do project attorney work, they keep you busy. Very professional but feels like High school because of their strict no cell phone policy. Other document review places are more relaxed with internet and phone usage so the work is bearable.
Pros
Professional and Expectations are clear
Cons
Strict no phone policy and must pay for parking downtown.
I do not care to answer this question.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Lakes, NJFebruary 20, 2018
FTI Counsulting located in New York City purchased the company I was working for, MBA Actuaries. I made the transition to FTI and they then decided to close our office. They took the former owner of MBA Actuaries with them, but not his support staff, me.
Pros
I do not care to answer this question.
Cons
I do not care to answer this question.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FTI Consulting, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss