FTS International Employee Reviews

Very bad place
EO2 (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 14, 2019
I worked here my check was short every payday there are some racist supervisor they ask u to change ur hours on ur logs to drive they dont care about u at all i refused to do the wrong they pushed me out i would give them a negative 10
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything from management down
Horrible culture
Operations (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 9, 2019
That place is a joke! Terribly mismanaged! They preach culture culture culture, however, they have completely missed their mark. Make one mistake, no matter how small and they will term you. If you challenge the leadership, he will feel threatened and term you. They talk a great game. Management are the only ones who see good dividends within the organization. For goodness sake, save yourself! If you do not have a college degree then you are considered low life with no education. The current leadership bases vendor management on who provides the best “out of office experience”. Sad thing is HR knows this but they will not do anything due to personal relationships within the HR group and district management! Imagine more..LOL
Pros
Pay, ceo
Cons
Leadership from top to bottom
n/a
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 13, 2019
difficult work place at times, needed improvement in various ways. Typical days may involve hard labor such as fracking or travel/driving to and from.
Pros
knowledge/experience
Cons
n/a
Good work environment
Equipment Operator/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJanuary 2, 2019
The company improved its processes but was unable to maintain a high standard of business. The company succumbed to poor management that lacked business accumen but has hired more professional staff members in recent years to try and improve services.
Pros
Good Business Format
Cons
Foresight
Heavy Equipment Operator
Equipment Operator/ Truck Driver Transportation (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 8, 2018
The day was long and pushing the rig. The check of high pressure lines The driving of heavy equipment to the site.

I learn the safety and process requirements for OSHA on rig and oil equipment.

The culture it hard and fast work not for the weak of heart are body a man jobs

The most enjoable was some of the man so many different cultures
Pros
Good pay and experience
Cons
danger of oil rigging
Mission oriented,
Fracking Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXNovember 9, 2018
FTS. International gave me the initiative to go further in the oil industry. It provided great training in all areas of operation which ensured a safe and productive work environment. The compesation and benefits offered at the time were very competitive. Though there were several Administrative changes in my tenure, Management was always knowledgeable, eager to keep tho the mission statement and goals.The part of the job I like the most is when we delivered a quality service and the customer was very pleased.
Would never recommend!
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthOctober 31, 2018
I would never recommend working in HR specifically the payroll department. The manager has no problem treating her employees like trash. She does not value a work/life balance at all. You are required to stay on payroll days until all the work is completed even if that means staying until midnight or later. There is no room for error. And if you take your concerns to the VP of HR the problems are swept under the rug because they are friends.
Pros
Cafe on site
Cons
Bad management
Good Company
Operational Intelligence Officer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 31, 2018
FTS has won #1 small business award from Washington Workplace. I think the company is great, the people are really nice but it comes to being a company designed for retirees. Newer and younger employees are at a loos with its benefits package. Medical package is horrible which has forced employees to use spouse or government healthcare as those options are less expensive.
Pros
Great Community, Great Management, Great Opportunity
Cons
Healthcare
Good Company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 22, 2018
Overall they were a good company with good pay and benefits and plenty of opportunity to move up. The only reason I'm no longer there is because I got into the field at the wrong time and they shut down due to the economy.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Layoff
Very business oriented
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 14, 2018
In the payroll department, there are long hours, sometimes we have to work 12 - 16 hour days. They have a very different payroll process and I have enjoyed the learning experiences.
Productive and great co workers
Job Safety Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Typical day at work began with prayer and travel to locations and various overnight hotel stays. Majority of time spent away from home. Great crew to work with.
Good people to work with
Mechanic III (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 12, 2018
Good people to work with, but there is no stability. Within this company you work with some good people, but this isn't a company where a person can advance. The only way a person advances within this company is if they make friends with the right people, the person could possibly not be qualified for the position and still excel. This is the same way with getting raises within the company on the maintenance side, a person could have all the proper skills and do their job on a daily basis and not receive a raise. In the interview they will tell you in 90 days you will receive a raise and it will be years before that happens.
No good leadership
Mechanic level 3 (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXSeptember 8, 2018
The company is good but the management is not good at all. No support, also expected to much for so little. I'm a really hard worker and love to do my job the right way, by take pride in what I do no matter what the task is. But your not appreciated at all, just another employee.
not for families
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 6, 2018
I have fracked for years and I love it. After getting married I knew I would need to leave. It is all too common a theme for married me to get a divorce as a result of their jobs, even if not directly related. The time away is just too much for a family to sustain.
Pros
hard work
Cons
can't keep a family
Difficult for Work Life Balance
Field Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKAugust 30, 2018
Because of the nature of the job, field work doesn't allow for much of a work life balance. Scheduling time off is difficult and often feels discouraged. When scheduling my honeymoon, I was asked if I could keep my work phone on me in case they needed me to come in. This is the atmosphere I'm referring to. Additionally, being in the field for two weeks at a time before having a week off makes home life a challenge as well. Field work is not for the faint at heart.
Fast Paced work place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 22, 2018
Be prepared to work and enjoy your job.You have opportunities in the field to advance. Make the best of them. You need to be willing to work things out yourself.
Laid off with no notice will try more jobs
Oil Field Worker (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 15, 2018
They should have given notice when they would be laying off and not calling a meeting the morning of the lay off, the package deal was good. Should have offered jobs out of town to employed staff
great place
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXAugust 12, 2018
good people to work with
fast paced environment, never a dull moment
all managers and employees were great people to work with
lots of hours, pay was excellent
Home based employees are well taken care of and are provided perks.
System Engineering Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VA 20166August 9, 2018
You are responsible for making yourself heard. If you are outside of the Home Office area you do not receive the attention or additional perks that people enjoy based out of the office.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 31, 2018
One of those places no one likes to work even though I loved my job it just wasn't fit for me to move up. Very fast pace. You was always on call 24/7.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FTS International. Our community is ready to answer.