FuelCell Energy Employee Reviews

Productive and established safe workplace
SHIPPING AND HANDLING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJune 22, 2018
A typical day at work would be me coming in third shift, Learning which position I would be working in for the shift. Complete all tasks until shift is over.
How long can they survive?
Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 18, 2018
This company has not had a profitable year for the last 18 years! That's correct...18 years! They are a publicly traded company, so you can look it up for yourself. They may have had one break even quarter, but that is it.

The only way they survive is to continue to issue stock and raise more money. The recent management team isn't any different than the previous ones. Song and dance...raise more money. Dog and pony show...raise more money. You get the idea.
Great employment
Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 7, 2018
. Building trust is the key. My focus is on safety, management, preemptive engineering, budgeting, cost reduction. I would love to be rehired at fuelcell.
Pros
Future thinking.
Cons
Job is good but supervisors not that professional they mix personal feeling with work
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTDecember 27, 2017
The place is good to work central air conditioning, but the management not professional at all, iso standards is just on the paper in reality they don’t go by iso quality standards , they do just numbers try to do more so supervisors to get the bonuses. Overall is different on paper than in reality they treat employees like animals.
Enjoyed working there for 9-1/2 out of 10 yrs
Service Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 21, 2017
Variety of work and responsibilities looked forward to going in each day. Team environment fostered with co-workers. Took advantage of my experience enjoyed interaction with people at all levels. Focused on internal and external customer service. Was on service call 24/7 one week a month added to salary. Overtime was voluntary. Hardest part of the job was dealing with changing priorities and frequent scheduling changes. Management and supervision was minimal once confidence in abilities in work ethic and responsible attitude was established. Listened to and readily accepted opinions and recommendations if you made legitimate contributions.
Pros
25 cent coffee
Cons
dusty environment
Look elsewhere.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 28, 2017
Company is run on egos and personalities. Don't ask, don't tell. Engineers are know it alls, operators don't know anything, even with many years of experience. They love to take the wind out of your sails. Management needs to stop surfing the internet and start doing their jobs.
Pros
Job is close to home
Cons
Poorly managed
Fast paced support of service parts & logistics
Materials Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 28, 2017
Daily support of a Global Service Center as well as a number of field service technicians. In this roll, I have gained knowledge of Microsoft AX & Master Control. I have also broadened my warehouse and inventory skills as the inventory is much more different than past jobs. I currently work in fast paced yet easy going work environment. Current management lets you work without micromanaging. The hardest part of the job is having to be prepared for large last minute requests. I enjoy learning new things and recommending new ideas or processes for a more streamlined workflow.
Good Place to learn
Chemical engineer (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 15, 2017
R&D environment. A bit disorganized in the technology department, but a good opportunity to learn many things. Hard to move up in technology department.
Fun place to work.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 15, 2017
Fuel Cell Energy is a fun place to work but if you value job security I wouldn't work there. They have a problem making profits and rely on subsidies from the government to keep the operation running. If you like working with advanced technology then this place is for you, if you value job security, steer clear.
Pros
Work-life balance is great.
Cons
Job security is not so great.
Good co-worker relationships
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 29, 2017
Departments rely heavy on team work to achieve a resolution or to complete daily tasks. Hardest part is being able to be flexible and expand your skill set outside your job title to achieve optimum outcome. There is not... if any upward advancement. Training opportunities are slowly improving. Co-workers are encouraging and have good energy.
Pros
Freedom to learn anything if you put the effort in.
Cons
Poor advancement
I am very produtive , organized and fast workers
Senior Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 22, 2017
FCE is a nice company but my opinion is a overall reviews everywhere I worked the Company and the people likes because I am very friendly easy going for FCE is a very friendly family company I learned many things for 10 years there overall FCE is a nice Company to work.
Pros
friendly boss
Cons
no free coffee
Productive and fast paced work environment
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 22, 2017
Its fast paced and You're constantly building product and each shift has to reach a certain number everyday. Management was pretty good about the number goals too and they would work with you if you needed time off or anything as well. There i learned a lot on how to work in a assembly area and how to make parts and use the machines for production. The most enjoyable part was the people i worked with.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Lunch break was only 25 minutes long
loving job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 20, 2017
very good job every one was like family, pay was good good environment and pay. we always work with another employee never worked alone and i love it.
Good, hard working people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 29, 2017
This company is full of genuinely nice, good working people. Provides for a great working experience, but overall company is very understaffed. Office culture is a bit stale; needs some more younger faces.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Understaffed
Great peopke to work with and for
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 6, 2017
A laid back yet productive atmosphere, with really knowledgeable staff. A tremendous opportunity to learn a ton of different skills all involved in making a fuel cell power plant run
Pros
good people
Cons
bad officers
Good manufacturing group.
Shift Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 11, 2017
Not a bad place to work.People work well together and are very friendly. Strong R&D,weak sales and a good Production group.Poor planing on upper managements part.
Not too bad environment
Level 2 operator (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 3, 2017
Not a bad job to work at all. Environment was pretty welcoming. I would still be working there if there wasn't a mass lay off. I enjoyed being a wielder and the people I worked with. We were more of a family than co workers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unexpected lay off
coworkers are easy to work with
Supervisor of Parts and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 28, 2016
coworkers are easy to work with, family friendly. Very interesting product and concept.International experience and relationships were very rewarding.
Fuelcell
Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 27, 2016
I insulated the equipment and assembled the product. Trensported it to its testing location. After test we preped the fuelcell for shipping. After shipping we installed it at the customers site.
Good place to start a career.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTDecember 7, 2016
I learned a lot from FCE and would not change a thing. Unfortunately the job itself is not as reliable as most jobs. The atmosphere for the working environment was great.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
not Reliable