Fugro Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Time at Fugro
Data Technician of Pavement Engineering (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
The culture is whack. The training here does not suffice to fully prepare someone to be successful in this Company. Employees have to hope for work every time they clock in. The time you do take initiative you have to have some wishful thinking and hope someone gets back to you as fast as they can. The ability to learn and unlearn something is vital in this company due to meeting the clients needs. Everyone is on their own here.
Great place to be if you're an engineer, if you're not, it's terrible...
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
If you aren't part of the engineering group/management group you're treated entirely different. They claim to be about safety but when results are slower than what they want, they pressure field personnel to take short cuts in order to acquire results faster. Another thing that is wrong is when the company is working against its other offices across the US. What happened to one mind and one goal striving to achieve quality and integrity. It's sad what the company has turned into... But none the less the worlds between office and field is to great and they'll work you to death for as long as they can. Retention rate is at an all time high and if you do have a degree they know you'll be gone after a year or two. Per-diem is only $35 dollars a day, another cheap rate the company pays. My advice is don't work here. There are plenty of better options out there. Don't sell yourself short and waste years of your life for a company like this.
Pros
Company Truck/Phone
Cons
Management, Hours, Pay, Training, Managers
Na
ROV Technician (Former Employee) –  BrazilMarch 7, 2018
Fugro was a Good place to work because of people that I met there, everybody was happy and workers with great responsability at security and assets of company.
Pros
Money and time at home.
Cons
They mate a lot of mistakes.
Just poor management
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 7, 2017
When I first started working it was a good place to work. A typical day at work was everyone new what they assignments was. I learned how to test soil. As the years went on management went way down. The hardest part of the is when we didn't have anyone and we would be sent home. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone got along.
good place to work
Operations / Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2017
Its been some time since i worked here so i dont know how accurate my review will be however what i recall work was enjoyable. i never dreaded going to work a day that i worked here, my supervisor was great still keep in contact with him, some long days and hard work some days easy work overall i enjoyed my time here
Losing work to lower bidders. Causing major layoffs
Lidar Data Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 8, 2015
I worked there for over 35 years. So there was more good than bad over the long haul. More of the good was 3 or 4 years back and before.
Pros
Chance for advancement
Cons
Lack of work. Costs for projects are too high
Very challenging work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 4, 2015
I liked the work but not being on 24 hr call. Most of my job took place in Mexico working for Pemex. Mexico i felt was no longer a safe place to work and that's what made me leave.
Pros
pay very well
Cons
Working months at a time . I was getting burned out.
Fun place to work at, good people good company
Airborne System Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 11, 2015
log or short hours of work depending on you. New software and development programs are always being introduced in the work environment. Travel throughout the United States getting to see new areas and work in different locations on a daily biases.
Pros
World Travel, Nation Travel
Cons
short breaks
Laid back environment.
Tax Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2014
Lots of changes in there industry. Fast pace. Probably not a good place to be if you want job security. Business is constantly changing.
Pros
Bagels and drinks in refrigerator
Cons
Offices aren't nice
Nicely job, good professionals
Bell Saturation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brasil, Singapore and Louisiana USJune 9, 2014
I worked by Fugro about 18 years, but they changed the managers, and after that the Fugro was not good for me, so I already quit the job.
Pros
Now ...none
Cons
bad managers and they doing dangerous dive operations

Want to know more about Fugro?

Ask a question
Fugro Is The Best
Analytical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2014
I worked in short time with fugro , but I realized the efforts of the management team to keep the work place in safety , and the team of employees are great !
very productive loved my job
cpt pusher (Former Employee) –  huston txSeptember 5, 2013
ready and eager
I learned to assist with a variety of tools
our management was excellent
I loved working with my coworkers lots of team work
the hardest part of my job was the heat in the Midwest
traveling the united states and meeting new people
Pros
company paid per dem and hotel when working out of town
Low pay, Lots of travel, But really great work environment.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2013
If you don't mind travel this not a bad place to work. But I spent 10 out of 12 months a year on the road. Benefits package is terrible.
Busy environment so never boreing
VP Airborne Gravity (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 15, 2012
Sorry to leave but had other plans to work overseas - strong culture good place to grow a career
Pros
international plus many divisions to explore.
Cons
can be anul