Fugro Employee Reviews

Arrive on job site at 6 am load soil equipment into company truck and proceed into field for testing
Field Technician / Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAJune 21, 2018
Used Nuclear Densometer to test soil for compaction, moisture, wet density, dry density, etc. return to offfice with soil samples for lab testing - Process soil before leaving for the day. Worked 12 hrs per day.
Pros
Paid Holidays and 3 breaks per day
Cons
Long hours - 7 days a week
Solid challenges with good people.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 12, 2018
The projects present unique challenges which allow you to work with small groups of people to learn and apply new technologies and techniques. The team embraces new technology and has a culture where sharing among peers is encouraged.
People friendly
Receptionist / Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2018
a typical day you can learn a lot and then some days it very laid back. Culture workplace very Friendly. My hardest part for me with the company is no communication on move around.
Time at Fugro
Data Technician of Pavement Engineering (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
The culture is whack. The training here does not suffice to fully prepare someone to be successful in this Company. Employees have to hope for work every time they clock in. The time you do take initiative you have to have some wishful thinking and hope someone gets back to you as fast as they can. The ability to learn and unlearn something is vital in this company due to meeting the clients needs. Everyone is on their own here.
Fugro Consultants
Operations Manager / NDT Specialist Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Poor Top Leadership, very clickish, didnt matter how well you performed as long as you were a "YES" person. Favoritism was rampant. No opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Clickish
Not professional place to start your career.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  EgyptOctober 16, 2018
Not professional place to start your career. They expect new hired people to have enough knowledge.
Paying salary was good and matches with the market.
Easy going and fun environment
Geotech Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodway, TXAugust 4, 2018
Great management, looked forward to coming to work, the provided every opportunity to train and prepare you to advance. New experiences while training and fun
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Irregular hours
Productive and good work environment
Administrative Assistant/ Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Great company with a good work/life balance.
Great coworkers, very easy going and peaceful environment.
Have to be able to multi-task and be able to prioritize
Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 15, 2018
Fair and competitve pay. Decent managers, although a couple of them were difficult to work with. Great benefits package! For the most part, a good place to work.
Not a place I would work for again
Consulting Engineers and Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2018
I left to look for something more productive. My boss at the time did not treat male and females alike. Males were dominate. Not a place for me. I changed jobs for the best.
Pros
learned a lot of good skills
Cons
Mail dominating
Life on research vessel.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77081May 29, 2018
Typical day is 12 hour watch. Begin with status report from off watchcrew. Discussion with engine crew to outline work day and safety meeting. We are somewhat autonomous with no direct influence from management on daily basis.. I love working at sea.
Pros
Good food
Senior Chemical Lab. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJuly 25, 2018
Fugro Suhaimi Ltd (FSL) is a big company that has a worldwide branch’s. The branch of Saudi Arabia is big enough to has a lot of people working INC a good environmental places.
Nice place to work
Offshore Geotechnical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
Travel requirements are hard to meet when they are around 50 to 60 percent of the time. It is hard to combine this travel requirements with family and friends.
Great place to work.
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2018
Started my working career at Fugro USA, Inc. Wanted to end my working career at Fugro USA, Inc. Unfortunately my position with Fugro was eliminated. Hopefully Fugro will re-consider my value as a loyal employee and one day give me the opportunity to rejoin their staff.
Great place to be if you're an engineer, if you're not, it's terrible...
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
If you aren't part of the engineering group/management group you're treated entirely different. They claim to be about safety but when results are slower than what they want, they pressure field personnel to take short cuts in order to acquire results faster. Another thing that is wrong is when the company is working against its other offices across the US. What happened to one mind and one goal striving to achieve quality and integrity. It's sad what the company has turned into... But none the less the worlds between office and field is to great and they'll work you to death for as long as they can. Retention rate is at an all time high and if you do have a degree they know you'll be gone after a year or two. Per-diem is only $35 dollars a day, another cheap rate the company pays. My advice is don't work here. There are plenty of better options out there. Don't sell yourself short and waste years of your life for a company like this.
Pros
Company Truck/Phone
Cons
Management, Hours, Pay, Training, Managers
you may not want to work here
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 14, 2018
While this company makes good money they don't share it with the lower level employees. there has been a pay freeze for 3 years.
even though there is a list of seniority it is not followed.
Pros
they offer 401k
Cons
health care price to workers goes up every year
I don't wish to do a review of this company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2018
I do not wish to do a review of this company. Poor management; however, the pay increases were fair and the work was rewarding. I would not recommend this company.
We had excellent cooks an all of our vessels.
offshore geophysical operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 26, 2018
Good travel opportunities. We got to see and do many interesting things as we explored subsurface structures and formations. Excellent safety record.
Pros
Good food and teamwork.
Cons
Dealing with many different personalities in close quarters.
Difficult with a family
SOIL TECH (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77081March 5, 2018
I worked there many years. It is a hard place to work offshore many years with little time at home with your family. Very low pay for the years I spent there. Also very low pay for how long you have to be gone
Na
ROV Technician (Former Employee) –  BrazilMarch 7, 2018
Fugro was a Good place to work because of people that I met there, everybody was happy and workers with great responsability at security and assets of company.
Pros
Money and time at home.
Cons
They mate a lot of mistakes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fugro. Our community is ready to answer.