FujiFilm Employee Reviews

Poor management
Fuji Flexo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NY 10595January 31, 2019
Specific to the packaging division where I most recently worked, the management is for the most part, terrible. Recently the company made an effort to right the wrongs from the previous 5 years management by replacing the top executive with a seasoned veteran with extensive experience in the packaging industry., Something that had not been there from the start. Alas, too late for me and many of my counterparts as well as some more are about to be replaced. The culture is high stress with daily reporting and questioning as to sales funnels and close dates. Weekly and monthly webinars to redundantly review those goals and receive pressure to close what in most cases can not be obtained. There are multiple reasons as to why however, almost none are related to sales experience by the staff. Rather, lack of support and in the case of one line of products, the inability to deliver in the customers time expectations. Actions are being taken to improve by the new manager but the sale quotas put on the individuals are in most markets unreachable and cost many of us our jobs. I had a 25 year career with the company and expected to never change jobs again but , never say never. I hope that Fujifilm can right the ship someday soon as I enjoyed most every day there other than the last 2 years under the poorly managed packaging division.
Benefits
Cons
poor management, high stress
A Lot of Turnover
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHFebruary 6, 2019
Fujifilm does not drug test or do background checks or reference checks on potential employees. Consequently, lots of employee relations issues. Poor HR management, but goes unchecked. Their compensation is superior in the Upper Valley, but currently the business has suffered a bit of instability.
Pros
Pay
Cons
HR Management
Excellent manufacturer of electronic equipment
DIRECTOR OF SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 23, 2018
I worked remotely, so I did not have too many opportunities to interact with my colleagues. Nevertheless, whenever I attended management meetings everyone was very cordial and engaging
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Too many changes at the top
A good foot in the door for those interested in career in the biotechnology sector
SENIOR I/C TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 21, 2018
Level of satisfaction widely varies depending on department and manager.
Compensation package ranks high for industry average. there are some internal culture issues which detract from the overall positives of working for this organization at the RTP location.
If you intend on never advancing, this is the place for you
Guillotine Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood SCAugust 31, 2018
Been with the company for several years now. I have never worked for any employer so unable to manage its employees. There is no accountability for its associates on the floor. 80% of work is done by 20% of its employees and there is no thank you, raise, or "that a boy" for a good job. Only promote "yes" men. I've wasted to many years at Fuji Film. Its a shame!
working at fuji
CLEANROOM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHDecember 23, 2018
felt like anyone that was from somewhere else did not belong. everyone that that worked there were friends, families or related somehow, as the new guy from another state, I did not feel like I belonged.
Pros
paid lunch, promised benefits after being hired full time
Good experience for right out of college, hardly any internal advancement opportunities, don't stay too long if you get hired.
Chemist II (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 20, 2018
I was hired right out of college and I did learn a lot as a Chemist. My co-workers were nice and helpful, but the management was not the right fit. They micromanaged and looked over your shoulder (literally) at everything you did. I gained a lot of experience in the 6 years that I put in at Fujifilm, but I did not know any better and thought this is how real world jobs are supposed to be. After getting hired to my new workplace, I now know what was lacking in Fujifilm. The management would pick on one person and try to find anything they did wrong so they could write them up or fire them. They would write reviews and give you low scores if you used the pto that you were allotted. The stress was too much in that managers would time you if you were late coming back from lunch and write you up if you were a couple minutes late badging into the lab, which you are required to gown up for. You don't have any personal space (i.e. desk) to do your data entry or take required safety quizzes. I recommend to continue to look for new jobs if you accept a job from Fujifilm.
Pros
Benefits and 401k matching
Cons
Management, stress, no personal space to do your job.
Productive and excellent workplace
SENIOR VALIDATION ENGINEER/PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 16, 2018
Fujifilm was a very good company to work for with excellent compensations and benefits. In addition, they have a very good product line and do their best to achieve good customer satisfaction.
Pros
excellent vacations packages, flexibility
Cons
they do not reimburse gym menbership
Great opportunity for advancement
Administrative Clerk, (PT) (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYAugust 9, 2018
I worked for this company and was able to advance my career throughout the years.

I had an understanding manager and great work/life balance.

There were many benefits and opportunities to advance.
good place to work.
Light & Dark Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fuji and with the people there. Good place to work and I was treated fairly all there time. I left Fuji to have and raise my child.
Great work, training, tech, travel.
Authorized Service Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 18, 2018
Was great long hours but very good training and support. Lots of travel, good tech and training support. Only issue I had was pay raises seemed to be poor at the end, seemed to start being more and more based on film sales, strangest thing to see, cause when sales were up Field Techs got nothing from sales.
Ok to work at until you find somewhere better
Purchasing Planner (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 18, 2018
Work is very routine and not much room for variety or creativity. Some degree of micromanagement. Workplace culture is a bit rigid and not a lot of fun. Hardest part of job is that it is monotonous and management is not the best (although there are exceptions).
Pros
Some decent office perks
Cons
Rigid work culture and not much room for advancement
Fast pace collaborative place to work
Software developer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 16, 2018
Sr. Management does a great job laying out the plan and teams and individuals are empowered to execute. The software development division provides great dev-ops support for development and QA. It's a challenge to stay organized and productive in a regulated industry, but Fujifilm meets that challenge and delivers!
Pros
Great 401K match, great benefits, smart people
Hardest part of this position and most enjoyable part of it.
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 15, 2019
Hardest part of my job is when I lose a deal in a rural area due to the lack of a local service representative. We are understaffed in some key areas of our business which can limit our ability to deliver a solid solution. This can impact our ability to grow business and can lead to customer dissatisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the corporate culture is very supportive and transparent. We work together across numerous job functions as a team. I am considered to be the quarterback of the sales team and have numerous specialists who work with me to get the job done.
Pros
Stable, large multinational company with breadth of products and solutions
Cons
Some products perceived as commodities. Market extremely competitive.
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2018
Everyday was an exciting day. A typical day at work was taking incoming calls, corresponding through email, processing orders, claim and following up with the manufacturing company and carriers.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with claims in Latin America.

Fuji provided, wellness programs and good health benefits. Enjoyed working with the clients and my coworkers.
Pros
Free month lunch and chair massage
Cons
The long drive
Productive and challenging and rewarding Company
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 10, 2017
A typical day at work going over my open order report and to followup with customers status of orders. I then am able to time manage my day knowing this is complete. I have learned about the printing industry and knowing how important customer needs are.The management is there when you need them. l
Work place all cultures. The hardest part of the day is to be sure to have product and to communicate with our customers on time deliveries without having any downtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun laughing with co workers and to help each other out and having team building outings.
Pros
Great benefits, award recognition
Cons
long hours.
Industry in decline causing contraction in operations
Formulation Chemist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2018
A good place to work and learn but the business is in decline.
Who wide variety of manufacturing techniques and printing techniques are produced in the north Kansas City Facilty
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Shortsighted upper management
Hope things turn around
Admin (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed working here for most of my tenure but it's main business is in a sunset industry. A lean workforce has been employed for several years and attempts to break into new markets have failed. It's become stressful and there is no certainty for any position. It's a good place to gain experience and for anyone looking for a temporary role.
Pros
diverse opportunities, good benefits
Cons
lack of perks, employee turnover
Good company but management not desireable
Project Quality Engineer - Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2019
Person in charge of indianapolis office when it was here only cared about his development team and really was disengaged from qa team. He was reported to main office but nothing occurred to make it better prompting many more people to leave. He was onboard with moving to nc but not caring about who came with the office to nc.
Pros
Peers
Descent pay
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 21, 2018
Management could use some help. They want people with a brain, but once you try and use your brain, you are looked down on. If you are an office worker, you will like this place, if you are in production you may not like the culture.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management