Fujitsu Employee Reviews

Found 428 reviews matching the search See all 1,345 reviews
Opportunity for Advancement
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 14, 2018
Hired in as a production operator, I was given opportunities to learn more technical aspects of the position. After several years there, I advanced to a production supervisor
Pros
Compensation
Cons
team building
Fast paced
Field engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2018
Great company but laid off lots of workers just wish i would have known lay off were coming. They provided company vehicle put very stressful at time to many jobs and driving was crazy.
Interesting company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 6, 2018
The company is interesting to work for. The problem I have is the division within. The company is broken up into branches then departments. A department can exist and then go away due to one oddly negotiated contract or another. Just pass through, don't get comfortable.
A superior ICT Company
REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fujitsu Caribbean ( Trinidad ) LimitedNovember 6, 2018
A company that always places people at the core of its vision and strategy. Using its very wide array of technology products and services to continually improve life experiences and connect people across the globe.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 2, 2018
Fujitsu Computer Products of America - FCPA was a great place to work. Had the opportyunity to learn new technologies that the market needed and why they were the leader in document scanners.
Field Engineer
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 1, 2018
Perform equipment and software repairs with minimal direct supervision. good company to work for. Travel nationally to assist where needed for extended periods of time
Im glad that part of my life is over
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 29, 2018
Bad, Bad, Bad........ Essentially a sweat shop, but for IT. I was promised a full time job for working hard and they kept moving the carrot. I wouldn't waste your time on this company.
Pros
None - bad pay
Cons
Bad place to work.
Productive fun workplace
Order Manager Specialists (Current Employee) –  Memphis, tnOctober 24, 2018
Nice environment, competitive, good work flow, great training, great communication. The SOP are written for all process, helps understanding work duties easily. Quiet environment, the plant is very clean and cool.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
temp
No longer in the USA
Operator II Lead (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OROctober 24, 2018
This company was losing 30 million dollars a month and then shut down without letting employees know that there was even any issues. just closed doors one day and then called meetings when the shift would have been to inform employees.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 18, 2018
•Quality Assurance Dept: Secretarial duties for Quality Engineers
•Order Administration Dept: Data Entry for all incoming telecom orders
•Shipping/Receiving Dept: Data Entry for all incoming/outgoing telecom equipment
•Planning Dept: Data Entry for various forecasting reports
Pros
great coworkers, health benefits
Decent place.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 14, 2018
Typical IT services provider.
Most of the managers knew what they were doing and what that staff was doing and capable of - except ours. Not sure where they dug this person from, but definitely out of his league in our shop. The coworkers were great to work with, and did their best to work as a team - except for the one - every shop seems to have that one.
Pros
Decent coworkers. Pay ok.
Cons
jobs duties transferred offshore and back as business changes.
ok
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2018
I didnt feel respected up there. its a small warehouse with lots to do. You always have to help in other departments. You wrap stuff and box it or do data entry.
Good company gone bad
Hardware Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 8, 2018
Great in the beginning, lots of raises, promotions and recognition. Then sales declined, reviews without raises were the norm. Reduction in workforce every few months, not a good working environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Stay away if you as far as you can
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 3, 2018
This place is HOE. High turnover in upper management. Poor communications and direction. Zero support when you need it and thrown under the bus when management needs an escape. My recommendation is to stay away as far as you can if you have a choice.
Stressful environment in which it is difficult to maintain productivity.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 2, 2018
Excellent Technology experts.
Too few people doing too much work and being pulled in too many directions.
Upper Management should improve its downward communication.
Management does not know security
Security Analyst (L3) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2018
Security Director/Manager more focused on the business side than personnel. We are unable to take time off due to skeleton crew and I have maxed out my PTO balance however, mgr takes his 2 weeks every 3-4 months. Comes back and responds to emails without digging in to issues, which have been resolved. Makes the team look bad in the process.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bad management, benefits and 401k.
100% Focus on short term profits
Project Demand Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 26, 2018
I entered Fujitsu in Durham, NC as part of a data center acquisition. It was immediately apparent that the focus was short term profits. If an employee left, the work was shifted to other, already overloaded, employees. Internal leaders were pushed aside in lieu of local leaders who knew the client(s) being supported. During the time I was there, there was close to a 33% reduction of staff (virtually all were people that quit) Since then, the primary client did not renew the contract.
Pros
Cons
Short sighted
Fujitsu is an excellent place for employment.
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75082September 21, 2018
I started working at Fujitsu under a temp job. I started out working the graveyard shift where we were doing a new install at all Marshall's for an overhaul of their Point of Sale systems. The job was easy, just wait for the tech to call, assist them with verifying they were at the location, and then just wait for them to call back. This was during the night so there were long hours waiting in between them calling back so we were allowed to watch Netflix and such so it wasn't bad at all in my opinion. I was then asked to come on to their next project which was calling stores to prepare them for the holiday season with a checklist, if the product was acting up we'd do active troubleshooting, but if everything was good then we would end the call and mark down if something needed to be replaced, or everything was in well order etc. The only problem with the daytime job was the commute. I was travelling from South Fort Worth to Richardson and kept getting stuck in traffic making me late on a few occasions. I gave my all, but at the end of that particular project I wasn't asked to stay on, but they said they would keep in contact. I still keep in contact with who I worked with, but have never attempted to go back, mainly due to the distance and traffic. It was always a gamble whether or not I was going to beat traffic and get there no matter how early I left.
Pros
Good people, fun projects, learned more about Point Of Sales systems
Cons
Upper management left something to be desired, since I was under contract they could let me go at any time, and they did after the second project was done.
Fast paced environment, challenging at times.
Field Engineer Level II (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 21, 2018
Typical work day fast paced.
Always learning new products and applications.
Management was easy to work with.
Good group of coworkers, worked as a team.
Being able to work within SLA requirements for the customer.
The friendly atmosphere with coworkers and customers.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Long hours on occasion to bring equipment back on line due to parts availability.
Local support is going away
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Fujitsu is doing everything it can to show that it's not losing money by laying off the employees with higher salaries first. Regardless of their skills, abilities, or tenure.

This has opened them up for failure in terms of...
- No knowledge turnover
- Vulnerability to disaster recovery at critical datacenters
- ability to support clients effectively
- reduced human resource efficiency

Management does not focus on how it can better serve the customer/end user, only how they can save money.
Pros
Good people work there
Cons
Unsecure work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fujitsu. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight