Fujitsu Employee Reviews

Found 383 reviews matching the search See all 1,274 reviews
Manager was a Joke
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 17, 2018
I was suppose to be with this company for only 3 months. I was with them for almost a year.
The manager wanted plenty. The environment was cut throat. Manager would pit you against other employees.
Management is lackluster at best
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 16, 2018
Management is going to run this business in to the ground. They want to have all full time employees quit so they can hire people at 32 hours a week with no benefits.
Pros
8 percent 401k match
Cons
Way too many to list
Solid company with great benefits
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Solid company with great benefits. Helpful HR Dept. Quality supervision. Flexible Work/Life balance encouraged. Community supportive, environmentally friendly.
Wonderful Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 24, 2018
I learned very much working at Fujitsu, I was there for 16 years and they always treated employees well and I loved working there.

As I said, I learned so many things at this company and it benefits me until today.
Pros
Wonderful
Cons
Encouraging, collaborative, supportive and fun place to work.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 21, 2018
I enjoyed coming to work every day as it was challenging, exciting, collabrative place to learn new things and grow. As well as assisting other to learn and grow within the company.
Pros
Collabrative, fun place to work, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, phone discounts.
Cons
At times there were personality conflicts that got in the way of doing work, nepotism
Fortune 500 company with room to advance
Field Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
Fast paced lots of driving to various sites within an assigned area with company provided vehicle cell phone and laptop. Tech support available via phone and online
Pros
Self management with phone assistance. Working alone.
Cons
Meeting contractual time repairs
Very Stressful
Computer Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2018
Very Stressful, Company going through a bad time right now.

A lot of layoffs recently! Watching hours closely. Everyone's on pins & needles.

Upper Management lives in England.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation/Job Work/Life Balance
Worked with great people!
Administration (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 14, 2018
Leadership is comprised of director level employees without experience in leading a company. They continue to resolve lack of profits by eliminating employees. There are not enough employees left to do the work! Employees work hard to accomplish a great amount of work with little support and horrible tools. There are a lot of opportunities to learn because there are so few employees, great place to expand your experiences. Office locations are depressed with low employee morale.
Pros
Decent benefits, learning opportunities
Cons
Lack of leadership, top heavy, lacking in tools to get the job done, lack of recognition, continuing layoffs for years!
N/a
Network System Administrator and PC Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2018
Fujitsu bought out DMR, so i can only comment about the 1 or so i worked as a contractor for GTE through Fujitsu. they helped me get hired on to GTE/Verizon full time.
IF you see HR, hold your breath...
TJ Maxx Customer Support Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2018
I do admit, the section I worked at in Fujitsu, phone tech support, has a high turnover rate.
Little room for mistakes.
They were more driven to keep the client happy vs the employees.

Everyday you would see HR walking around, and if they went to your desk or called you into their office, you were being let go.

Quite stressful. I was laid off do to client wanting to cut support down due to it being a slow down in calls.
Pros
Free coffee, knowlegeable managment.
Cons
Job security.
very nice working environment
Mobil Spares Demand and Supply Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. Job was not that intensive but low pay. However, management are very strong. I hope they can be more productive with more collaboration.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
low pay
Working with them like your family
Receiving Inspector (QA) (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 6, 2018
Working in this company is a very good one... The work is heavy but because of their treat to all employees... We work relaxed and there is no such stressed... Many memories I have in this Company...
Professional
Sr. System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richards, TXJuly 25, 2018
Professional environment ; great team communication. Great connection to the client. Z/OS equipment was too notch and the supporting staff was knowledgeable regarding its support.
Technician needs to be very independent and focus at work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 23, 2018
Company does a good job on training employees.
Technicians have to be fast learners and able to have good troubleshooting skills. Clients need to get theirs systems fixed right away so having the right skills, tools and parts will help you fix the issue on the same visit.
Pros
Company vehicle provided; Independent
Cons
Lots of driving covering the whole bay area and beyond.
it is a wonderful place to work
Embedded Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 23, 2018
it is the nice and fun place to work and also a nice atmosphere for freshers and as well as contract employees. it is a kind of place where we forget our home and work so easily.
Good benefits but management is out of touch
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2018
This comment is specific to Fujitsu America/FAI.
The senior management turn over is extremely high. There is a huge disconnect between management and their employees. I had no manager/director level team meetings for well over a year. Exec Management would drill customer focus after we lost many, but no one would listen to those doing the work on how to improve things. Employees constantly worry about getting let go. Whenever there is a lay off or offshoring, the work load and responsibilities increase for those left behind regardless of job description. The pro to this is that I had no choice but to pick up new skill sets to meet managements demands well outside my normal responsibilities.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Job Security, Management of the company
Fujitsu Computer Products of America
Senior Director of Product Mangement (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 19, 2018
Generally the company is hardware focused and is struggling to adjust to contracting market conditions. There's no investment in future technologies and management has some magical thinking that an untapped vertical will magically fill revenue gaps. There's no focus on what anyone does correctly, but lots of focus on anyone's mistakes.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Technology is antiquated, management is fear based
Overall, I enjoyed working with my fellow employees
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 14, 2018
A typical day requires, being on time, reading email for updates on critical issues. Celebrate individual birthdays, several pot lucks per year. Very enjoyable atmosphere. The hardest part is leaving the job, due to contract moving to India..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Daily
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 13, 2018
There was no thought for employees lives. It was an us verses them attitude with management. Fujitsu stopped doing sales for a year an a half an never replenished the major clients that left. We had layoffs of half the workforce every year. I survived 2 not the 3rd.
Customer Service and Support
Customer Service and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 11, 2018
It seems that I had more and more work and there wasn't enough time in an 8 hour day to accomplish all the task. Company was going through restructuring and I was assigned to one department to another. Work was fast paced. My good manager who knew how to run the place was laid off, so we ended up with someone that had to learn the same time as I did but is my manager. It wasn't easy to learn new terminology that was used in a new service department that was opened up. I had to do planning, credit memos, PO's, WO's and expense reports as well as setting up parts in the service department.
Benefits
Cons
Too much work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fujitsu. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss