Full Spectrum Laser logo
Full Spectrum Laser

Full Spectrum Laser Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Full time hours.

Summer really hot and if swamp coolers are out no air in warehouse. People are decent. Management is all about the money. Fair opportunities to grow within.

Decent Product Horrible Internal Infrastructure to many hoops and hurdles to overcome to verify proof of sale

Mystery Woman in the Background pulling all the strings. Upper management, CEO, visible but not involved in the day to day operations, completely hands off.Customer Support available to customers, but there's a queue that never ends with limited support personnel to respond.Overall, it was a learning experience without knowing anything about lasers. Competitors in the market at this price point Non-existent.The company does business in spite of themselves...Glowforge is not relevant in comparison to FSLaserOverall some nice people, but the bottom line like many companies the Profit Margin is all that matters and if that comes at the expense of the employee so be it!Hardest part of the job dealing with the layers upon layers of programs to verify the invoice/sale, i.e. Doing Triple Work for the basic application, SALESOperations manager goodHR like all HR individuals not your friendLearned the nuances and capabilities of a LaserGrab leads, make phone calls, close deals typical day at FSLaserThe most enjoyable part of the job, leaving at 5pmCulture was non-existent

Pros

Get out at 5pm on the dot

Cons

Horrible office environment, layout and conditions

Vindictive and toxic environment.

They promise and expect the Moon and Stars but what you really receive is the feeling that you're stuck in quicksand with no way to advance. Somewhat like an abusive, narcissistic relationship involving what's called Gaslighting. Management likes to point fingers at everyone but themselves. You receive more appreciation from your clients and co-workers than the ones that should be appreciating your hard work. Just so everyone knows, every phone call is recorded. They don't tell you this or the clients, which I don't believe is legal in most states but they get away with it somehow. The only way one can keep a job here is either backstab and tattle on everyone or CYA with your head down like a whipped dog. Once you stick up for yourself or set to make any type of commission or bonus, you're gone.

Company has the ability to shine with the right people

I worked at Full Spectrum only a very short time and unfortunately it just ended up working out to be a different experience then what I thought I was walking into. So I had to move on and find a better fit for the long term. The company has a great base for organization and alot of tools at their disposal to be a well oiled machine and really successful as a whole. Full Spectrum just needs a few key people in their building (which looks like they are currently hiring for) to really turn it around and make things shine. I loved their lasers as a whole and enjoyed running them for a few years prior to working there. I believed in their product and to this day still do. If you love laser engraving and want to be a part of a company pushing the software game with what the lasers can do, check them out.

Pros

Ability to help people with their business dreams with a cool product

Cons

Employee attitudes and culture could be greatly improved.

A great place to work

This place is a great place for employment. The supervisors and other employees are an amazing group of people. Thank you for the fun team. The customers were truly excited to receive their orders and start working on their projects. I enjoyed the customers and the other support technicians I worked with. The management is just so willing to assist in any problem I ask about. I believe this company will continue to grow and maintain happy customers. They even allow their employees to practice with their equipment and make projects for themselves. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PERKS OF BEING A FULL SPECTRUM LASER EMPLOYEE.

Pros

Great people and great product

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

A good place to work

I worked for nine months as a Tech Support Specialist, answering phone calls and emails. Tech support for machines that are not in front of you is a challenge by it's very nature, and no matter how much training you have eventually you have to jump in. I faced many challenges in troubleshooting machines and we usually fixed problems as quickly as we could. There was good communication between departments and I never felt like I was going to get fired on any given day. I read negative reviews that referred to that sort of thing before I started there and I didn't see any of that at all: if you do your job and apply yourself you'll be fine It was a comfortable place to work and other departments especially assembly and repair were vital when investigating how the machines work and what might be wrong. Dealing with customers who want their machine fixed immediately was a bit stressful, but if you address their concerns and get parts sent out they become a lot more reasonable. The laser cutters and software are well designed but they aren't bulletproof, but I don't think any product is. They may cost more but the software is far superior to the Chinese stuff and the machines themselves are much better designs. One hour off for lunch was nice. I'd recommend working there. I never felt rushed when helping someone, unlike other tech support jobs I've had. Overall it was a good experience and I was thankful for the opportunity to work there.

Pros

1 hour lunch, walks in Sunset Park

Cons

Pay is a bit below average for tech support but insurance is MUCH cheaper than what I had personally

You can do better

The customer reviews are more honest than the employee ones. Management begged employees to write positive reviews instead of addressing the actual issues in the company. If you are in desperate need of money, take the job. After you get back on your feet, use them to go somewhere else. Trust me, you will be just a drop in the turnover bucket.

Pros

People, 1 Hr Lunch, Use of the machines

Cons

Poor management, Bad communication, No movement, No raises/Low pay for non-management jobs, Bad business practices internally and externally

FSL strives to be the best and leader of the industry.

Great place to work. Industry leading software. From the top down this is a place that wants everyone happy and enjoying each day. Working at FSL is a feast paced ever changing job . Constant upgrades and new designs keep FSL the leader with engineers improving daily .

Pros

401k, Bonus pay, Pto, Family atmosphere

Cons

Supportive work environment with incredible team of managers and workers

Located in sunny Las Vegas, Full Spectrum Laser stands out from the typical employment offerings in the area. The company has a strong foundation of success and brings great opportunity for its employees via benefits and pay. As a family owned and operated company, workers feel their efforts make a direct difference to the people around them and the company overall. Mostly, it is the people that make Full Spectrum Laser such a great atmosphere for meaningful work, not just a paycheck. I have been at the company for nearly three years and in that time I have felt valued and respected as a professional, where hard work and talent is rewarded with opportunity, compensation and praise. While many Las Vegas companies are "flighty", Full Spectrum Laser has the right foundations for long term prosperity for all its employees.

Great Place to Work

Such a great place to work! Bi-Annual bonus structure allows for profit sharing across the company. PTO, 401k, Insurance and "fun committee events" are great additions to the quality of life. Excellent location near the airport/freeway. Typical 9-5 schedule in a tech-based company transitioning from start-up to industry leader.

Pros

Great Product, Tax Free State, 401k Match

Cons

Offices, Common Areas

Jobs at Full Spectrum Laser

See more jobs

Dynamic company, energetic, intelligent team, great potential

Full Spectrum Laser is a great place to engage your positive energy, creativity & vision for new products and features. The team, is led by a visionary who lived "the garage start up to successfully scaling, profitable business experience'. The company has grown continuously through internal development of employees, iterative product design enhancements and effective leveraging of the collaborative, in-house (Software, Mechanical, Electrical & Applications) engineering teams.

Pros

Exciting place to be, bright & capable collaborators, technology leaders.

Cons

N/a

Good place to start, but once your'e in keep your job search till you find better.

Generally started out great but after being there enough time the place is extremely toxic to anyone looking for a stress free work life. The communication is extremely lacking between departments. Product is shipped in from China infrequently so a lot of downtime occurs with nothing to do and when you run out of stuff to do you basically have to take time off against your vacation time. I enjoyed working with new products and problem solving also enjoyed the camaraderie in our department when it came to achieving a unified goal of building a solid product.

Pros

Hour lunch, 2 breaks, generous time off.

Cons

No room for advancement, Lack of Communication between departments, Benefits minimal, low pay for industry

You can find better

Everyday at FSL was like putting out fires and doing more than what you were required in your role. This was an exciting adventure, however, it will come to an abrupt end when they find a way to push you out the door if they do not like you. Trust me they're good at it. There is no corporate structure and learning the job is on your own most of the time. If you make any mistake(s) at this company it's a guarantee you'll be thrown under the bus as well as your co-workers talking bad about you behind your back. Don't get sick to where you need to take time off then come back to be looked at like someone with bad work ethic it may just happen to you if you come to work for FSL. There are much better opportunities out there and the only thing I'm reflecting on now is how much of a fool I was for coming to such a disaster of a business like this one.

Pros

There are a few good spirited people there

Cons

Management, Pay, Hr, and just about everything else.

Numbers driven technical sales office

Typical Day: Handling inbound calls, converting leads, customer follow up. Data entry and maintaining both CRM systems. Workplace culture is departmentalized and adversarial.

Pros

40 hours a week

Cons

Advancement opportunities; job security; company culture

Extremely poor management

Horrible atmosphere to have to work in. The hardest working employees are treated as though they don't matter at all. The CEO is an egomaniac that sabotages profit and expansion in an attempt to maintain his ability to micromanage all employees.

Cool environment, creative and engaging

Good place to work. The creativity that flows at this company makes it fun to work and inspires you to do better every project. A big plus is that you get to see the work you did be utilized for the benefit of the company.

Pros

Snacks, close environment, corporate yet creative setting

Cons

No shaded parking

Awesome opportunity, great experience

Working at Full Spectrum has been a great experience for me. I love the hours and that it is such a short commute from my house. On a typical day I get to speak with many different people in many different industries so every day is different. I will say that the sales job is for self-starters, you have to be motivated to achieve consistent results. I would recommend this company because I think that the products are awesome and working with lasers is FUN! Plus the commission potential is very realistic which is not the case with a lot of sales jobs, especially in Las Vegas.

Pros

Good work/life balance, health benefits, paid vacation, discounts on equipment, pot lucks

Cons

Can't work remote, no covered parking, rapid growth sometimes long term projects get put on back burner for more important immediate tasks

A great opportunity in any department at many levels

This company is growing, if you expect someone to bring you your coffee, this is not the right place for you. If you want to be part of the growth, work hard and be a part of a productive team, yes we will celebrate the success every step of the way.

Pros

Opportunity

Cons

Covered parking would be great

Great Place To Work

I loved working here! The experience was unlike any other I have received as an employee. They want you to always be creative and moving forward. They listen to you as an employee and really want to know what your suggestions and ideas are. Being around this technology as well is also a great thing. I really enjoy it.

Pros

-Everyone is happy to be here, The hustle and bustle from everyone is great, Work enviroment is positive almost always, always have water coffee etc

Cons

None I can think of

a company wanting to improve

They are always trying to improve. Lots of freedom given in the workplace. Little to no company culture at this point. Hardest part is being heard among management. Management needs to work harder for their employees and give the ideas of subordinates a fair chance.

Pros

Freedom to work as you please. Interesting work. Always trying to improve. Free stuff, use of facilities, etc...

Cons

Tough to get your ideas seriously considered by management sometimes.

Fun job, bad experience

The technology part of this company is fascinating. The The management for the company is not sophisticated. However the company's management is improving. There are things need to be improved about management and worker satisfaction about their job. Many workers work in the company has no feeling of job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Full Spectrum Laser. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Full Spectrum Laser Reviews by Location

• Full Spectrum Laser
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?