Full Spectrum Laser Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2019
This place is a great place for employment. The supervisors and other employees are an amazing group of people. Thank you for the fun team. The customers were truly excited to receive their orders and start working on their projects. I enjoyed the customers and the other support technicians I worked with. The management is just so willing to assist in any problem I ask about. I believe this company will continue to grow and maintain happy customers. They even allow their employees to practice with their equipment and make projects for themselves. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PERKS OF BEING A FULL SPECTRUM LASER EMPLOYEE.
Pros
Great people and great product
A good place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2019
I worked for nine months as a Tech Support Specialist, answering phone calls and emails. Tech support for machines that are not in front of you is a challenge by it's very nature, and no matter how much training you have eventually you have to jump in. I faced many challenges in troubleshooting machines and we usually fixed problems as quickly as we could. There was good communication between departments and I never felt like I was going to get fired on any given day. I read negative reviews that referred to that sort of thing before I started there and I didn't see any of that at all: if you do your job and apply yourself you'll be fine It was a comfortable place to work and other departments especially assembly and repair were vital when investigating how the machines work and what might be wrong. Dealing with customers who want their machine fixed immediately was a bit stressful, but if you address their concerns and get parts sent out they become a lot more reasonable. The laser cutters and software are well designed but they aren't bulletproof, but I don't think any product is. They may cost more but the software is far superior to the Chinese stuff and the machines themselves are much better designs. One hour off for lunch was nice. I'd recommend working there. I never felt rushed when helping someone, unlike other tech support jobs I've had. Overall it was a good experience and I was thankful for the opportunity to work there.
Pros
1 hour lunch, walks in Sunset Park
Cons
Pay is a bit below average for tech support but insurance is MUCH cheaper than what I had personally
You can do better
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2019
The customer reviews are more honest than the employee ones. Management begged employees to write positive reviews instead of addressing the actual issues in the company. If you are in desperate need of money, take the job. After you get back on your feet, use them to go somewhere else. Trust me, you will be just a drop in the turnover bucket.
Pros
People, 1 Hr Lunch, Use of the machines
Cons
Poor management, Bad communication, No movement, No raises/Low pay for non-management jobs, Bad business practices internally and externally
FSL strives to be the best and leader of the industry.
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2019
Great place to work. Industry leading software. From the top down this is a place that wants everyone happy and enjoying each day. Working at FSL is a feast paced ever changing job . Constant upgrades and new designs keep FSL the leader with engineers improving daily .
Pros
401k, Bonus pay, Pto, Family atmosphere
Cons
Supportive work environment with incredible team of managers and workers
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2019
Located in sunny Las Vegas, Full Spectrum Laser stands out from the typical employment offerings in the area. The company has a strong foundation of success and brings great opportunity for its employees via benefits and pay. As a family owned and operated company, workers feel their efforts make a direct difference to the people around them and the company overall. Mostly, it is the people that make Full Spectrum Laser such a great atmosphere for meaningful work, not just a paycheck. I have been at the company for nearly three years and in that time I have felt valued and respected as a professional, where hard work and talent is rewarded with opportunity, compensation and praise. While many Las Vegas companies are "flighty", Full Spectrum Laser has the right foundations for long term prosperity for all its employees.
Great Place to Work
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2019
Such a great place to work! Bi-Annual bonus structure allows for profit sharing across the company. PTO, 401k, Insurance and "fun committee events" are great additions to the quality of life. Excellent location near the airport/freeway. Typical 9-5 schedule in a tech-based company transitioning from start-up to industry leader.
Pros
Great Product, Tax Free State, 401k Match
Cons
Offices, Common Areas
Dynamic company, energetic, intelligent team, great potential
Chief Operations Officer (COO) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2019
Full Spectrum Laser is a great place to engage your positive energy, creativity & vision for new products and features.

The team, is led by a visionary who lived "the garage start up to successfully scaling, profitable business experience'.

The company has grown continuously through internal development of employees, iterative product design enhancements and effective leveraging of the collaborative, in-house (Software, Mechanical, Electrical & Applications) engineering teams.
Pros
Exciting place to be, bright & capable collaborators, technology leaders.
Cons
N/a
Good place to start, but once your'e in keep your job search till you find better.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2018
Generally started out great but after being there enough time the place is extremely toxic to anyone looking for a stress free work life. The communication is extremely lacking between departments. Product is shipped in from China infrequently so a lot of downtime occurs with nothing to do and when you run out of stuff to do you basically have to take time off against your vacation time. I enjoyed working with new products and problem solving also enjoyed the camaraderie in our department when it came to achieving a unified goal of building a solid product.
Pros
Hour lunch, 2 breaks, generous time off.
Cons
No room for advancement, Lack of Communication between departments, Benefits minimal, low pay for industry
You can find better
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2018
Everyday at FSL was like putting out fires and doing more than what you were required in your role. This was an exciting adventure, however, it will come to an abrupt end when they find a way to push you out the door if they do not like you. Trust me they're good at it.

There is no corporate structure and learning the job is on your own most of the time. If you make any mistake(s) at this company it's a guarantee you'll be thrown under the bus as well as your co-workers talking bad about you behind your back.

Don't get sick to where you need to take time off then come back to be looked at like someone with bad work ethic it may just happen to you if you come to work for FSL.

There are much better opportunities out there and the only thing I'm reflecting on now is how much of a fool I was for coming to such a disaster of a business like this one.
Pros
There are a few good spirited people there
Cons
Management, Pay, Hr, and just about everything else.
Numbers driven technical sales office
Technical Sales; Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2018
Typical Day: Handling inbound calls, converting leads, customer follow up. Data entry and maintaining both CRM systems. Workplace culture is departmentalized and adversarial.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Advancement opportunities; job security; company culture
Extremely poor management
Technical Sales/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2017
Horrible atmosphere to have to work in. The hardest working employees are treated as though they don't matter at all. The CEO is an egomaniac that sabotages profit and expansion in an attempt to maintain his ability to micromanage all employees.
Cool environment, creative and engaging
Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2017
Good place to work. The creativity that flows at this company makes it fun to work and inspires you to do better every project. A big plus is that you get to see the work you did be utilized for the benefit of the company.
Pros
Snacks, close environment, corporate yet creative setting
Cons
No shaded parking
Awesome opportunity, great experience
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2017
Working at Full Spectrum has been a great experience for me. I love the hours and that it is such a short commute from my house. On a typical day I get to speak with many different people in many different industries so every day is different. I will say that the sales job is for self-starters, you have to be motivated to achieve consistent results. I would recommend this company because I think that the products are awesome and working with lasers is FUN! Plus the commission potential is very realistic which is not the case with a lot of sales jobs, especially in Las Vegas.
Pros
Good work/life balance, health benefits, paid vacation, discounts on equipment, pot lucks
Cons
Can't work remote, no covered parking, rapid growth sometimes long term projects get put on back burner for more important immediate tasks
A great opportunity in any department at many levels
HR Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
This company is growing, if you expect someone to bring you your coffee, this is not the right place for you.

If you want to be part of the growth, work hard and be a part of a productive team, yes we will celebrate the success every step of the way.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Covered parking would be great
Great Place To Work
Temporary Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
I loved working here! The experience was unlike any other I have received as an employee. They want you to always be creative and moving forward. They listen to you as an employee and really want to know what your suggestions and ideas are. Being around this technology as well is also a great thing. I really enjoy it.
Pros
-Everyone is happy to be here, The hustle and bustle from everyone is great, Work enviroment is positive almost always, always have water coffee etc
Cons
None I can think of
a company wanting to improve
Lead Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
They are always trying to improve. Lots of freedom given in the workplace. Little to no company culture at this point. Hardest part is being heard among management. Management needs to work harder for their employees and give the ideas of subordinates a fair chance.
Pros
Freedom to work as you please. Interesting work. Always trying to improve. Free stuff, use of facilities, etc...
Cons
Tough to get your ideas seriously considered by management sometimes.
Fun job, bad experience
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
The technology part of this company is fascinating. The The management for the company is not sophisticated. However the company's management is improving. There are things need to be improved about management and worker satisfaction about their job. Many workers work in the company has no feeling of job security.
Unprofessional Management
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2016
The people that are placed in management positions have no idea what they are doing. They are disrespectful and unprofessional. Yes, you get free soda and Ramen noodles and they will order pizza about once a month for the employees, however it does not make up for the way employees are treated here. This job is a great resume filler, yes, but that is it. Promotions are not awarded often. Raises are not common either. I never even received a 90-day review after having asked for it twice. I was there for over 8 months. There are no company sponsored ski trips or outings. And the "world class" PhD experts are some of the hardest people I have ever had to work with. You will not get a say or an opinion in anything you do. You will be made to feel like a complete idiot if you have an idea about something. The company does whatever they can to pinch pennies which includes selling refurbished items to customers as new product. If you are lucky enough to get a desk you will be thrown into a small room with as many people and desks crammed into it as possible. Supplies are nearly impossible to obtain, I had to bring my own from home and occasionally buy my own as well. Upper management lacks basic communication skills among each other, because if this it takes much longer than it should to complete projects and tasks, and usually if its not done it will fall back on you somehow anyway.
Lots of room to move up the ladder
Technical Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2015
Best thing about the company is that it provides for large amounts of internal advancement. Started out min wage in assembly and moved up to be in technical sales making great money. I worked 3 other jobs during my career and I was never allowed to different positions because I didn't have a college career. At this company, they judged me only on what I did.

Good opportunity to work with passionate staff that care about the products as well as interact with customers that tell us how the products I sold them has allowed them quit their day job and run their own business changing their life.

Paid holidays, good health/dental, 401k benefits and no pressure to work overtime.
Pros
raises
Cons
far from my house
Laser Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 22, 2015
Nice air conditioned assembly counters - beats working in unconditioned warehouse.

Free soda/snacks everyday and pizza on Fridays.

Received multiple promotions for higher pay over time. Stable job, worked here for 5 years.
Pros
stable, good benefits