Full Spectrum Laser

Full Spectrum Laser Management reviews

United States24 reviews
Summer really hot and if swamp coolers are out no air in warehouse. People are decent. Management is all about the money. Fair opportunities to grow within.
They promise and expect the Moon and Stars but what you really receive is the feeling that you're stuck in quicksand with no way to advance. Somewhat like an abusive, narcissistic relationship involving what's called Gaslighting. Management likes to point fingers at everyone but themselves. You receive more appreciation from your clients and co-workers than the ones that should be appreciating your hard work. Just so everyone knows, every phone call is recorded. They don't tell you this or the clients, which I don't believe is legal in most states but they get away with it somehow. The only way one can keep a job here is either backstab and tattle on everyone or CYA with your head down like a whipped dog. Once you stick up for yourself or set to make any type of commission or bonus, you're gone.
This place is a great place for employment. The supervisors and other employees are an amazing group of people. Thank you for the fun team. The customers were truly excited to receive their orders and start working on their projects. I enjoyed the customers and the other support technicians I worked with. The management is just so willing to assist in any problem I ask about. I believe this company will continue to grow and maintain happy customers. They even allow their employees to practice with their equipment and make projects for themselves. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PERKS OF BEING A FULL SPECTRUM LASER EMPLOYEE.
Pros
Great people and great product
Cons
The customer reviews are more honest than the employee ones. Management begged employees to write positive reviews instead of addressing the actual issues in the company. If you are in desperate need of money, take the job. After you get back on your feet, use them to go somewhere else. Trust me, you will be just a drop in the turnover bucket.
Pros
People, 1 Hr Lunch, Use of the machines
Cons
Poor management, Bad communication, No movement, No raises/Low pay for non-management jobs, Bad business practices internally and externally
Everyday at FSL was like putting out fires and doing more than what you were required in your role. This was an exciting adventure, however, it will come to an abrupt end when they find a way to push you out the door if they do not like you. Trust me they're good at it.

There is no corporate structure and learning the job is on your own most of the time. If you make any mistake(s) at this company it's a guarantee you'll be thrown under the bus as well as your co-workers talking bad about you behind your back.

Don't get sick to where you need to take time off then come back to be looked at like someone with bad work ethic it may just happen to you if you come to work for FSL.

There are much better opportunities out there and the only thing I'm reflecting on now is how much of a fool I was for coming to such a disaster of a business like this one.
Pros
There are a few good spirited people there
Cons
Management, Pay, Hr, and just about everything else.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Horrible atmosphere to have to work in. The hardest working employees are treated as though they don't matter at all. The CEO is an egomaniac that sabotages profit and expansion in an attempt to maintain his ability to micromanage all employees.
They are always trying to improve. Lots of freedom given in the workplace. Little to no company culture at this point. Hardest part is being heard among management. Management needs to work harder for their employees and give the ideas of subordinates a fair chance.
Pros
Freedom to work as you please. Interesting work. Always trying to improve. Free stuff, use of facilities, etc...
Cons
Tough to get your ideas seriously considered by management sometimes.
The technology part of this company is fascinating. The The management for the company is not sophisticated. However the company's management is improving. There are things need to be improved about management and worker satisfaction about their job. Many workers work in the company has no feeling of job security.
The people that are placed in management positions have no idea what they are doing. They are disrespectful and unprofessional. Yes, you get free soda and Ramen noodles and they will order pizza about once a month for the employees, however it does not make up for the way employees are treated here. This job is a great resume filler, yes, but that is it. Promotions are not awarded often. Raises are not common either. I never even received a 90-day review after having asked for it twice. I was there for over 8 months. There are no company sponsored ski trips or outings. And the "world class" PhD experts are some of the hardest people I have ever had to work with. You will not get a say or an opinion in anything you do. You will be made to feel like a complete idiot if you have an idea about something. The company does whatever they can to pinch pennies which includes selling refurbished items to customers as new product. If you are lucky enough to get a desk you will be thrown into a small room with as many people and desks crammed into it as possible. Supplies are nearly impossible to obtain, I had to bring my own from home and occasionally buy my own as well. Upper management lacks basic communication skills among each other, because if this it takes much longer than it should to complete projects and tasks, and usually if its not done it will fall back on you somehow anyway.