Fullscreen Employee Reviews

Growing pains, good and bad
Social Video Strategist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Fullscreen is a young company with the right mindset. Most people there stay for a long time as they've found a place that appreciates them and where they can do work they love. Fullscreen was recently acquired and re-organized, so there's been some growing pains. Depending on your department, advancement can take a long time or a short time, sometimes dependent on needs. Management is good- could use some help from outside experts to help encourage better management, again, depending on department.
Workplace culture is great- free lunch Fridays, flexible work from home, use what you need PTO, outstanding maternity/paternity leave.
The hardest part of the job is high turnover in some departments, which makes for disruptions every few months.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my team who is always encouraging, helpful, and always looking for opportunity to help the company grow.
With some recent shakeups, I learned you must speak up for what you need before things get to a boiling point. Sometimes management can't or doesn't take initiative to get you what you need, and it should be made known often and for as long as needed to get what you need.
Pros
workplace culture, work-life balance, work from home
Cons
growing pains, management needs some improvement
Fantastic Company
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2018
Fantastic, large company with a "start-up" mentality. Lots of perks, lots of talented people. Fullscreen offers career counseling, company sponsored events, working remotely, among many other perks.
Pros
Lots of talent. The company really cares.
Cons
Unclear future.
Amazing Internship!
Business Development & Influencer Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
Fullscreen was an amazing experience that provided connections, networking, free lunches and learning opportunities. Loved having an internship at Fullscreen!
Great company, great team
VP Integrated Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 20, 2018
Great group of individuals working on exciting things. Fast moving industry and a team that's trying to stay in front of it. Great leadership in place that won't allow the company to fail.
A great culture, but disorganized
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
The company tries to foster a fun environment, but it's overshadowed by the inability to see talent internally and team structures that are being constantly reorganized.
Awesome culture, failing structure
Manager (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAJuly 18, 2018
Fullscreen is a great place to work in a lot of respects. Being surrounded by creative individuals, in your age range, with your same interests - all moving towards the goal of being on the frontier of digital creation - is a wonderful place to be if you're fresh in the workforce or in the city. I have made many friendships and connections here that I believe will last me much longer than my time spent in office. The problem with this "young" culture, is that many people have never truly had a taste of working life outside these walls. This can breed laziness. It allows for people to be promoted into roles they don't deserve and have no real experience or knowledge in, simply because they've sat around and ate free lunch on Fridays for three years. Upper management is often hard to reach and pays little attention to smaller-scale team structure. There is no formal process (that I know of) for filing complaints with regards to your team or superiors, and people are often let go without any warning or even a discussion about the areas their boss feels they could improve in. Everyone operates on "feeling each other out" instead of having direct conversations that could lead to real, actionable change. This is not, in my opinion, an effective way to build a working team.
It's also a giant high school in every aspect of the concept. This leads to the "popular" kids or management favorites getting more opportunity, clout, and chance for advancement than people who are often more qualified and hardworking. It's also a giant gossip factory; everyone has something to say about each
  more... other, everyone knows your business, and it's really hard to separate your outside life from the office because you end up spending so much time drinking with your coworkers.  less
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays, dog-friendly, bi-weekly massages, unlimited snacks, lots of company-sponsored happy hours, cool people, decent pay, unlimited PTO
Cons
Way too many meetings about literally nothing, way too few meetings about things that actually matter
Find Another Partnership
YouTube Partner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2018
This company compensated me money based on the amount of views I got monthly for them on my YouTube channel. That was it, they did nothing else for me. They literally were just a name slapped on to my channel reaping lots of profit while they did nothing of use. After being loyal to them for 4 years, I wanted to renegotiate my contract with them for higher pay %, which was like pulling teeth. We worked together but I didn't work physically in California with them.
Pros
quick responses, useful helpline
Cons
terrible compensation, did nothing to further my channels growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAJuly 9, 2018
High turn over
Would recommend to someone
Great campus
Great Culture
Learning and People Development (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAJune 11, 2018
Fullscreen has a great and impactful company culture. It is a fast paced startup environment which requires one to be very flexible and adaptable. Fullscreen encourages bold and big ideas, and action oriented individuals.
Fun Work Place with Unlimited Time Off
Talent Manager (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAApril 18, 2018
Overall, this was the best place to begin a more serious career. There was unlimited opportunities to learn and grow as an employee in management, music, and marketing.

The best was when they moved to unlimited time off. It helped me manage my time effectively while being able to spend more time with my family. It was a happy balance.
Pros
Free Friday Lunches, Unlimited PTO, Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Salary
Fast Paced but collaborative environment
Recruiting and Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2018
Every day it was something new and every day you had the opportunity to interact with new individuals if you chose to. What I thought was great was the fast-paced but fun collaborative environment.
Pros
Free Lunches, Bring you dog to work
Great Place To Work
Manager, Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Love the management and leadership of the company. I would highly recommend for any future employment. This place is a class act. Who doesn't love unlimited PTO
Awesome
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90094November 28, 2017
Great job culture. Supervisors pushed employees and encouraged them greatly. Enjoyed those dog Fridays. Very relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Would work here again.
Technology-centric media companies vs most traditional media entities
Software Developer, Data Science & Engineering (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2017
I feel that the difference between the technology-centric media companies and most traditional media entities is the core position that data plays in trying to understand how content works now and the way it is shared as well as distributed through social services.

I believe Fullscreen is one of the very few who are trying to straddle the line between technology and social media using data as the mortar.
Fullscreen Experience
SENIOR MANAGER, OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Playa del Rey, CA 90293July 6, 2017
The people are the best part about working at Fullscreen. My experience with management is that they are not great at defining career advancement paths within the company.
Pros
Catered Lunches every Friday, Happy Hours, Culture Crew
Great Company
Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2017
Fullscreen was good to me and a great company to work for. There is a ton of opportunity to be creative and to try new things. The people in my department were awesome.
Pros
Good people, free food sometimes, snacks, good pay
Cons
Tons of multitasking
Fun and creative
Channel Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2017
The company is growing so rapidly; to succeed in this fast-paced environment, you must be highly proficient in technical and social platforms, possess the ability to self-manage, work with little direction, and be self-motivated. I see all of these things as pros, but listed it as a con as not everyone can thrive in this kind of environment.
Fun and productive workplace
Social Video Strategist Intern (Former Employee) –  Playa del Rey, CAMay 19, 2017
Fullscreen is a great place to expand your career knowledge. You will meet and converse with large clients and become a great channel manager. The best part of this job are the amazing co-workers and people you will hang out with.
Pros
Free lunch fridays, good amount of team bonding
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time at this company because I used my ability to translate from Indonesian language to English. Also, this company gave me an idea about Indonesian short videos in the U.S. market.
It was good
Business agent and partnership (Former Employee) –  USADecember 25, 2016
Not that great on feedback and response time in the company and in customer relations. However the job was an amazing find and I would work again. My contract ended between the partnership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fullscreen. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fullscreen.

Powered by Comparably