Fulton County, GA Employee Reviews

Fiscal Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2019
The company is good there is no micromanaging as long as you do what is expected of you. The only problem is raises and there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Need more room for advancement
very fun place to work and grow but very political also.
Jail Administrative Assistant II/Safety Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2019
I loved working for Fulton county. I was promoted 4 time, it wasn't a large promotion because it was government but the environment and the people were great.
Pros
People
Cons
Salary was not the best
army kitchen
Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
a typical day would start off great but by the end of the day you would be pulling your hair out. Management did not have your best interest at heart.
benefits
Cons
managment
Good Environment
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2018
Fulton County has had some good changes over the years. These changes have been necessary in order to improve the quality of the organization. Fulton strives to improve all processes new and old. If they continue on this path it will be one of the best places you could ever work for.
easy going and relaxed
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
I usually stocked books, helped customers with finding certian generes, organized sections arounf the libary and lastly put books in a shipping bag to other local libiaries.
Pros
flexible secudle, esay going bosses
Cons
not many customers and lots of stnading around
good place to start your career
Service desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  GANovember 29, 2018
was a great place to work. The culture was inclusive and fostered a learning environment. I recommend to any job seeker looking for a challenging job with great rewards.
Pros
Good place to start a carrer
Enjoyed my time with happy faces
Happy Faces/ Poll Official (Former Employee) –  GANovember 14, 2018
For advanced voting or any national election day, polls opened at 7am and closed at 7 pm. Depending on either the day or the election type, we were either really swamped with voters or it was very slow. I enjoyed working with my team. My poll manager was strict but it was still a very pleasant experience.
Pros
good pay. civil duty. learning
Cons
no outside life. very busy
Typical Government Operations
HR Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
Great place to learn and grow. Most employees work hard and long. Needed more employee promotional opportunities. Advancement slow if at all. Need more innovation to attract and retain solid employees.
Pros
Good employees, benefits
Cons
Stressful
Ok for a while but don't plan to stay
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
I'm not a job hopper and planned to stay on this job and retire. But over time the position became stressful and there was no assistance from management. They play favorites and will use anyone who doesn't mind doing their job. It's a good place to get started and the salary was ok. But there's NO advancement and now that they have "at will" employment you an be booted at any time. NO security at all.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
managers
Love my job
Librarian Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
I enjoy working for Fulton County I’ve been there for 23 years wouldn’t tread it for anything ... I would recommend Fulton County to anyone that’s looking for work
Rewarding and fun
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAOctober 29, 2018
It’s convenient, can be very rewarding and fun place to work, once you have familiarized yourself with a set route. School bus drivers get many learning opportunities that can prepare drivers for any real life situation..
Pros
Convenient
Cons
There’s not enough hours available
Fulton County provide great employee benefits in a pleasant work environment.
Public Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
Extreme amount of red tape, which is standard with a government job.

High level of job security, but racially unbalanced workforce. Many employees working just for the benefits.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Red tape
Not a good place to work
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 28, 2018
No one is serv safe certificatified my position was a temp position benifits whete great while they lasted. Co workers were dirty. So was the kitchen has a billion coach roaches.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks have to eat when you can
Excellent place to work
Lead Video Producer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2018
I work in a creative and flexible environment - my bosses are very easy to work for. and I love the hours - I love the holidays and the ability if you are sick to get other employees to transfer their sick time to you. And the vacation allocated is awesome
Cons
would love more money
Cut throat
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GaSeptember 30, 2018
This is one shady county to be employed by. Management is foul. Employees are definitely a trip and not a good trip. You have employees who can do whatever they want and its fine. Let another employee do that same thing...the policies have been violated, you in the wrong, but you just did the same exact thing "your favorite" employee did. Favoritism..super terrible.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Employees, Management
New Job
Emergency Communications (E-911) Officer I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2018
I just started working in the Emergency Communications departments, so I am still trying to learn the ropes. The job demands a lot of time and the ability to stay calm in various situations.
Manage returning citizens on probation or parole
Officer (Current Employee) –  Fulton County, GASeptember 17, 2018
A typical day includes being mentally prepared to manage multiple tasks that are not on your calendar or agenda. Management is very supportive and understanding yet they are still held accountable for staff (as they should). However, the caseload is extremely high and is very difficult to do a great job due to the nature of the job.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
High caseloads that are challenging to manage
Working at Metro-Atlanta was a great experience.
Paramedic Rural Metro Ambulance Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2018
As a paramedic, I received all the support I required from management, but was left alone to do my job. The equipment was good and I worked with a lot of great people.
Prepare to sacrifice it all!
Emergency Communications Officer II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
If you value time with family, prepare to sacrifice. If you value you peace of mind, prepare to sacrifice. If you’re looking to work 8 hours day, prepare to sacrifice. If you’re looking for consistency, prepare to sacrifice. That’s what this job is all about. You will miss most things, events, milestones etc working this job. It requires A LOT of your time. The tell you you will work 8 hours and possibly a little more but be prepare to work 16 HOUR SHIFTS 3-4 days a week. I have no idea what kind of quality of life one is supposed to have working like that but no one in upper management cares. Why? Because it doesn’t affect them. There are never enough bodies, compentency levels are at an all time low and no one is a man/woman or their word. Policy.....what’s that??!! They will butter you up to get you in but when the reality of what really goes on hits you, you’ll be wishing you never started. Now is everything about this place bad? Not at all. They will compensate you very well. More than most agencies in the Metro Atlanta area but what good is it, if you’re never able to enjoy it? People have wrecked their cars driving home because of the excessive working hours but hey don’t worry. If you kill yourself driving home, they will definitely find the next person to sit in your place before you’re even in the ground. Stay away from this place at all costs!!
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Excessive working hours, management, and everything else
Emergency Communications... 24/7 operation with excessive holdover
Communications Officer II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2018
The job itself is "okay", but the upper management has no care for your personal life because they can never KEEP enough bodies to fully staff the center. They didn't tell me in the interview, but they have mandatory holdovers where you have to stay possibly an entire additional shift until your relief comes. You don't find out if you stay nor how long until the list comes out after you're at work that day. They don't like to give you time off... Just a lot of ridiculous rules that don't have to be followed by the people that make them.
Pros
The pay is more than most
Cons
Everything else...