Fulton County, GA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excited to continue teaching career!
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 29, 2018
I am relocating from Texas and Fulton Co. schools have made this transition easy and positive! Looking forward to continue my passion of education in GA, glad to call Fulton CO. & Woodland Elementary my home!
Pros
Joining a successful & estabalished school.
Cons
Traffic
Potential to be a good job but unfortunately did not meet expectations.
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Highschool type cliques, buddy-buddy system, lack of direction, leadership and structure. Draconian policies and "Do it because I say so" management. Negative enviornment without any potential for career advancement. Cut-throat and super unprofessional.
Pros
Casual Fridays and Food Truck
Cons
Everything that isn't listed above.
Leadership challenged with declining revenue. Management adheres to policy.
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GsJune 9, 2018
Leadership challenged with fiscal reductions and some departments consolidated. County adhered to policies and procedures as dictated by State Annecdoted Codes.
Pros
Free Onsite fitness
Cons
Fiscal challenges due to incorporstion of unincorporated arras reduction in revenue.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
Fulton County Government is mostly Top Heavy with senior employees who only occupy office space counting down time for retirement. I also learned that a lot of management don't even carry the degree, credential, or even the know how that is needed to get the job done.
Pros
Holidays Off
Fulton County
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
Fulton County is where I received my CDL's. Everything was New and Exciting! I loves kids the people were AWESOME and I learned a lot. I bought house in DeKalb County and moved there.
Pros
The Hours
Cons
Sitting in rush hour traffic
N/a
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
Supervised inmates in units, checked inmates mail for contraband, maintained and overseeing the safety and health of the public, staff and prisoners in emergencies.
Poor Management, At Will Company
Communications 911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GAMarch 29, 2018
This company works on the idea if you are friends with someone in a high position then you are good, or if you are in the business of kissing up to management staff. Work environment is one that is stressful and no one wants to come to work which causes you to have to work mandatory overtime just about each day especially holidays because of call outs. The management team is very unprofessional and they may the work environment even more stressful.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management (lack of), Unprofessional and At Will Company
Highly competitive and "Cliquish"
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA downtown areaMarch 21, 2018
A typical day in Public Health as Benefits Counselor consists of always busy environment, phones calls, late arrivals for interviews, and sometimes limited resources for Clients. However, working with the Public allows for learning knowledge on a daily basis due to the growing advancements in the medical industry. The most challenging part of Public Health is the constant changing of work culture that new managers bring while maintaining a strong Client base. Knowing that Client/Patient may have different attitudes each visit give rise to various interactions to any changes and no day is the same. At the end of the day the reward is in knowing that one is saving lives.
Pros
Company Events for Employees
Cons
Healthcare
Administrative Assistant Office of Aging
Administrative Assistant for the Office of Aging (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2018
I took care of all document to memos, traveled to the other Elderly Residential Centers in and some out of Atlanta. I did facility check ups on them far as the bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
Medical Examiner's Office
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
If you want to work for the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office, you might as well work in North Korea, Vietnam, China, Cuba. If you enjoy a dictatorship, ridicule, and beratement, work for the FCMEO. The County use to be great to work for, but no longer. The salaries have gone down and they are in it for themselves. Trust me, bypass any employment with Fulton County.
Run away as fast as you can
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
It use to be a great place to work until they started bringing management in that Georgia State had fired. They have started to run the Government as a University system instead of as a Government entity.
Pros
Staff is friendly
Cons
Management has an extreme lack in knowledge
Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2018
FCG has great benefits unfortunately my position only gave me paid sick time that I accrued 1-2 hours every paycheck.I also received BloodTime which was given each time you donated to the Red Cross when they came to do Blood drives. I enjoyed my job working with the Fulton County Commissioners and other important people.
Pros
Benefits and a State Employee
productive
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAFebruary 28, 2018
A typical day at Fulton was relaxing if the children didn't start trouble. I learned how to talk to the children and they listen. the hardest part is getting up so early.
Pros
nice lunch breaks
Cons
great breaks
Great Position for In-term Work.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2018
Conducted several studies on youth development and research programs for teen leadership. Learned system analysis for productive time management and computer savvy presentation programs. Grew program from 40 candidates to several hundred registries.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Ok
Horrible
E-911 Communications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
good job, horrible management staff. No regard or employee safety or well being. A lot of favoritism, sexism and bullying. County aware of his and does nothing
Managerial management
Social Service Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company, work place was comfortable and relaxing. I enjoyed interacting with managerial staff made me feel good coming to work.
Pros
lunch hour
Cons
short breaks
Seeking entry level position in the Customer Service Skills
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2018
Opportunity to learn new things. Work with great people. Productive and great workplace. Utilize my skills and expertise. Work at branches that allowed me to grow in my work ethics.
Pros
Discount Lunch
Cons
Health Care
Good internal experience in the voting process
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2018
This was a part time temporary job working at registration and voting sites.

Working for Fulton County Registration and Elections gave me an excellent opportunity to see the voting process from the inside, learn how to operate the machines and make a little extra money while attending college.

A typical day at work consisted of arriving at the assigned voting location, setting up the machines and assisting voters with registering to vote.

The primary management team was off-site, so there was not much contact with them unless there was a training session or they visited the site.

The hardest part of the job was the commute but the most enjoyable part was working with and assisting the voters.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
The commute
Overall excellent career experiece with beneficial benefits
Voter Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2017
I have enjoyed being employed with this sector of government and I look forward to future opportunities to further expand my degree or professional endeavors. I am eager to embrace a new start in the Medical Industry to provide an overall career plan to retirement in this field. My education, experience, and training should provide me a chance to learn, grow, and advance my position.
Pros
Training and Advancement
Employment
Library Assistant, Senior (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 7, 2017
I have been there for the last 3 years as a part-time employee trying to get on full time but is has not happen yet. I like my position. the staff is very nice