Fulton County District Attorney's Office Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A Busy Work Environment with Important Deadlines
Senior Assistant District Attorney (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2018
A large caseload and lots of work. However, the work environment is one of learning and teaching. The work culture is very deadline driven and always busy. Overall, a good experience for 11.5 years.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Long hours.
Horrible WorkPlace
Senior Asst. District Attorney (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Too much work, too many shifting priorities, management clueless. There was no typical day at work, it constantly changed. We were summoned to meet with the boss continuously and spent entire days in useless meetings.
Poor leadership, culture, environment, pay, equipment, etc.
Investigator- Major Case (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2018
Where to begin with the Fulton County District Attorney's Office???

First, I should say, that I'm a hard working, friendly guy that doesn't like controversy or uncomfortable situations, so this post isn't being created by someone considered as a "problem child". However, this is the absolute WORSE agency I've experienced during my career. Leadership is poor. Those in charge of the office aren't seeking to create a positive working environment, foster or build relationships with the team, or interested in developing the employees. Upon arrival, you are thrown into the job with no training or a "Hey, this is how we do things here." The culture is horrible. People are constantly gossiping to and about one another, leaving an environment where "Trust" is impossible. Favoritism among the highest ranking leaders is obvious and encourages "Resentment" amongst employees. You will be expected to work hours well past your scheduled work hours and will not be compensated. No overtime and no comp time. If you are "Unliked" socially amongst the office, you will be treated as such. Job security is non-existent. The DA will find any reason to fire. I've watched so many employees quit and get fired, I've lost count. There are so many things wrong with this place, it would take too long to explain. Awful environment.

The only positive is the actual work experience and adding it to your resume. I've been employed here long enough, it's time to move on.
Pros
Experince
Cons
Awful enviroment
Poor Management
Assistant District Attorney (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Poor management and micro-managed. The caseload is too voluminous and more staff need to be added. The most enjoyable part of the are the amazing people you get to work with on a daily basis.
could use better upper management
Senior Assistant District Attorney (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2018
great chance to learn but poor management. i enjoyed the opportunity to gain additional trial experience and also work in a managerial position. however, the management was suspect at best.
Pros
great trial experience
Cons
poor work culture
Intresting
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2018
Great Experience. Great challenge. Relaxed atmosphere regarding days off and benefits. Management ineffective. Drama. Diverse workers. Little opportunities for advancement.
Great Place to work
Victim Advocate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2017
Great employees. Very helpful. Employees in the office are very attentive to ensuring that everyone has the same knowledge to operate as a unit. Loved being there.
Avoid like the plague!!!!!!
Att (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2017
On the positive side, It is a good place to get trial experience and the attorneys and staff are amazing. BUT the management bullies and is verbally abusive! There is total lack of autonomy even for the supervisors. Although they pay well the money is not worth it. Avoid like the plague!
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Emotionally abusive and exhausting!
Great place to get your feet wet...
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2017
This office has amazing opportunities to network with people of influence, however you should limit your time here due to mental and emotional fatigue.
Fast-paced learning environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2016
This internship provided me with a great learning experience with a great team of people.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the attorney's and going to court.

Want to know more about Fulton County District Attorney's Office?

Ask a question
Good Place to Work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2016
Busy. A Good place to work. Downtown Atlanta has a lot to offer. The city is always moving. I never had a problem. A lot to look at. Its very pretty in the summer.
Productive and fun place to work with individuals who care about the community
Assistant District Attorney (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
A typical day at work includes a 10+ hour day, at least half of which were spent in the courtroom on a near daily basis. Learned how to successfully prepare and try cases before a jury as well as a judge (jury trials and bench trials). Learned to manage thousands of cases at one time, inclusive of maintaining working relationships with various law enforcement agencies on all levels (Homeland Security, FBI, Secret Service, DEA, and local law enforcement agencies). Learned to maintain communication with hundreds if not thousands of crime victims, establish great working relationships with fellow attorneys and the numerous judges. Management was generally great, with a few exceptions. My fellow assistant district attorneys, support staff, paralegals, and other co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was taking into account all of the factors that went into many of the serious criminal matters I handled, inclusive of the impact on the victims and the community.
The most enjoyable part of my job was punishing and putting dangerous criminals away, and helping victims recover and continue on with life, regardless of the circumstances.
Pros
Helping the community and the victims of crime
Cons
Long hours for little pay
Great Environment with room to grow.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2015
Challenging and fast paste environment. Work is never the same.
We are very diversified. Hours are long but we are helping the city of Atlanta and the people so the good out weights the bad. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Great and fulfilling work
VICTIM WITNESS ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2014
The work that is done is very fulfilling and challenging. There are a variety of different trials and victims with which I help every day. This job makes you grateful for what you have. There is no room for advancement past this position besides one supervisor position. This position requires at least a master's degree.
Fast paced work environment, friendly colleagues, and an opportunity to gain useful litigation experience.
Legal Extern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2014
It is a great work environment where all colleagues are friendly and helpful. Work is always varied and interesting.
Hard Working People
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2013
Challenging job. Excellent team to work with. My typical day work would consist of me faxing, filing, answering the phone. Making reports and keeping up with the 911 request. The hardest part of my job is dealing with my supervisor. The enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers. They are the best!