Fulton County Schools Employee Reviews

Excellent opportunity to teach the youth and learn structure and management within a classroom setting
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2018
Great temporary job that allowed me to interact with other educators and people of all different ages. It was great to be able to learn new things on a regular basis as well
Pros
relaxed and great people
Cons
not stable
Fulton doesn't care
Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAMay 1, 2018
They do not care about their employees and don't have their teachers' backs. It's best to just hold your head down and enjoy teaching the children!!!
good system
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 26, 2018
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is one of Georgia's premier state parks located within the north Georgia mountains in the quaint town of Helen. Unicoi is a beautiful park and perfect for the nature lover!! With wonderful and great accommodations surrounded by nature's playground, we couldn't help but create great experiences that only enhance our guests' getaway. From paddle board courses and s'mores with stories around the campfire to fly fishing classes and guided hik ...
Terrible Supervision
Maintenance Mechanic I - Painter (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2018
The supervisors are cut throat. They are all about taking care of each other and not any problems that arise with the staff. They don't/won't listen to the staff when there is a problem or complaint. They turn it around on the staff member.
Pros
Receive holidays off with pay
Cons
Poor supervision
It's a fun and relaxed place to work
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2018
I love working for Fulton County Schools especially the elementary school I work at. They appreciate my hard work and acknowledge it as well. That makes me want to work harder. The people are wonderful as well as the administration especially the kids.
Pros
Free lunches and many compliments, acknowledgments
Cons
None other than me losing my promotion involving other circumstances
Work
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2018
Fulton is place to advance. Those in leadership position favored others and it was known. The place force you to grow. Have a high stressed tolerance it is needed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
lack diversity
a positive experience
Physical Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2018
Rewarding working with students. Enjoyed co workers and management and overall culture. Pay is low, but schedule is favorable with summers off. Would recommend.
Pros
Schedule and co workers
Cons
Pay and capacity to learn and grow
bus monitor
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 26, 2018
For the most part it's a fairly easy job if you can deal with special needs children. Only down side is there are no benefits that pertains to this position no matter how many hours you work. No raise. If you're not on the bus, you don't get paid. Including holidays and no school days. Basically starting over. I felt there could be better pay with at least partial benefits for the monitors.
Pros
enjoying the children
Cons
bad pay, no benefits
Don't water your time
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 26, 2018
Unfortunately the Fulton county School system is headed under the water... I would suggest you ask around before considering. As this is my opinion. Please do your research on this job before considering it.
Pros
Free time to yourself
Cons
Everything else
job for wages
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 19, 2018
Working at Fulton County Schools can be very rewarding if you love working with children and if you love your job. A typical day at work can be relaxing if everything is flowing and the children are doing what they are required to do. Management are sometimes behind you when problems arises and some times they are not. The job is an easy one if you come to work and do the job you are hired to do.
Pros
Coming to work each day and ensuring the safety of each child.
Cons
Not being supported when problems arises
Teaching
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAMarch 15, 2018
Being able to see a student go from not knowing something to learning something that you taught them is an amazing feeling. In teaching this is a great opportunity to leave your imprint in a student that is trying to learn to become a smarter member of society. Most of the time they see you almost as much as they see their parents.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Paperwork
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2018
Work Day 8-10 hours
Various staff development opportunities
Management's skills vary
Culture differs from school to school
Most enjoyable part is seeing students succeed
Outstanding
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2018
Fulton County Schools are above top notch. I am grateful for my employment with Fulton County Schools and everyday I am learning more of myself through the eyes of my students.
Productive work place anxious to teach our children.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
I enjoy going to work daily eager to teach and reach a student. I enjoy the hours and holidays time to spend with my family. However, I enjoy researching ways to get the student/ parents more involve with their education.
Pros
Benefits, hours, sick leave !
Cons
Stressful
School Environmant
Special Education/Level III Autism (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2018
The environment was great. The principal was new. There is a culture in the building that makes new comers uncomfortable by the seasoned teachers. The school is new and the children are not that bad in discipline.
Fulton County
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 27, 2018
Working for Fulton County was great. Each school is very different, so pick your school wisely. One has to work very hard to maintain a good balance of life and work. It is very easy to to lose focus of ones self to make sure work demands are met.
Great place to start a career
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2018
My daily duties includes working with a diverse group of people, while disseminating information regarding tools, reports, or metadata enhancements. I also monitor current end users using business intelligence tools. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools to the requester. I communicate with my manager, customers, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
Pros
good healthcare, and vacations
good `
KEY PERSON / CASHIER - CAFETERIA WORKER (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
good place to work, they should invest in leadership training to manager levels.
The workplace culture is very good and people are open to hear other options.
I still work there I love the job I just don’t make a enough
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GAFebruary 9, 2018
I cook, prepare the food for the next day. I cashier, put up the stock also wash dishes back up cook. They have good insurance company. I love the job It’s a great company to work for its the pay and the hours
fast pace
Food Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
Communication Skills, Counseling, Customer Service, Customer Services, Documentation, Food Prep, Food Service Sanitation, Meal Preparation, Supervisory Skills
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management skills