Fulton County Schools Employee Reviews

Workplace
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJanuary 9, 2019
You will meet lots of people in a school setting
Get to know everyone because you will need everyone one day
Say hello to everyone you see- Parent , Child, Teacher, Custodian, etc.
Pros
Benefits- Summers Off
Cons
Early Hours
workplace accountable
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 8, 2019
I learned more in the workplace about the teachers and students kills to work together to achieve community success, and to give love and care about each person as meaningful set in the community. While working in the school setting, I was made more aware of the administrations caring behavior and attitude. The teachers and administrations desire to have a desire in helping students according to their learning ability levels and skills. I enjoyed going to work to see smiling faces and open hearts for a deeper desire to learn even with assistance from anyone. Each day was joyful and people were happy to come to work and students were glad to each teacher in order to receive assistance from them. The whole school saw ourselves as a huge family and each member showed love to even those whom came to visit the school and neighbor.
Pros
Family connections that last even now
Cons
administration changed
laid back, great co-workers and friendly management staff
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2019
Fulton County Transportation, will be a good job for someone just starting out or someone that only need part-time work. It is a laid back environment and your co-workers are very helpful and the training department is very friendly but your hours are only 25 per week. You have full benefits plus 401 k retirement.
Pros
benefits options
Cons
25 hours weekly
Great Place in terms of educational career options
Early Intervention Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAJanuary 3, 2019
I believe that Fulton County Schools is one of the best districts surrounding the Atlanta Metro area. The county is large and there is definitely a school fit for anyone that wants to teach in this county; just be sure to research the neighborhoods and make sure that it works for you.
Insane
Educator/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 17, 2018
Hard to put into words. Mostly crazy at the school level. Administrators are unrealistic, micromanagers who treat subordinates as children, rather than college educated professionals. Would rather work anywhere else than the school site where I am currently working.
Pros
The kids are great.
Cons
Administration
Productive and fun place to work
Professional Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2018
A typical day was filled with assisting parents and students.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the parent meetings, career day and PTA meetings.
Pros
Snacks from administration
Cons
Healthcare
Loved working with the students
PA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
Loved working with the Youth. Test scores improved, and I ran a successful mentoring program. Implemented program that improved virtual lab, students.
A typical educational setting
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  College Park, GADecember 7, 2018
I transferred from DeKalb County to Fulton County in 2017. I've been at the school in which I currently serve for 2 years. I can't speak for the school district as a whole, but for the school in which I work particularly, a typical day at work is stressful, high-paced, and mostly collaborative. I had an opportunity to train staff members in educational technology, but many teachers did not participate in the training that was offered. In the two years that I've been at this school, I've been under 3 different principals with 3 different leadership styles, which makes learning and growing as an educator difficult.
Pros
Family-oriented culture, collaboration
Cons
Management, compensation
It's Okay... Depends on Your School
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
I'm a teacher and at the school I work at there is no culture so the morale is pretty low. I know people that work in different places and they love their schools, so it truly depends on which school you pick. The hardest part about my job is the noticeable divide between the north and south Fulton County schools. Schools on the south are tough, kids have weaker teachers, and scores are extremely low. On the contrary, the north can be pretentious, high scores, and entitled parents. Kids that know they make more than you ever could and they treat you like that. So just pick your poison and make the best of it.
Pros
Summer break, all major holidays off, winter break...
Cons
No advancement w/o masters, or many years of experience under your belt, No tuition reimbursement
Typical teacher job
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 27, 2018
It is a typical teacher job. It is wonderful to be able to teach children and be a part of their life. It is also a very stressful job with low salary.
Productive and a fun place to work
School Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GANovember 25, 2018
Fast paced environment. Enjoyable work with friendly people to work with. I stared at the front desk and got promoted to the Data Clerk within 5 months.
Rewarding and Productive Organization
Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Point, GANovember 18, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure with Fulton County Schools. I had the opportunity to both learn and grow while contributing to the growth and maturation of my students.
Not the same education system
Educator (Former Employee) –  East Point, GANovember 15, 2018
It is the school system. Students are not like they use to be which makes the teacher's job harder. You basically have to separate the student; those who want to learn and those who do not.
Fulton County Schools was a great place to work.
Health and Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with the students and staff at Fulton Schools. I learned to appreciate the uniqueness from each person. Each day was filled with some diversity.
Children rub the office
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2018
I felt like management didn't have my back and was just as childish as people in the Help desk Girls in IT service desk were rude to callers and had bad hygiene.
Lots of autonomy.
RFP Manager/Technical Documentation Writer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2018
Enjoyed my time there immensely. Great people, great work environment, and the company really invests in their employees. All in all, FCS was one of my most enjoyable work experiences.
Love working with kids but need better management
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAOctober 29, 2018
I love being a paraprofessional for Fulton county schools but the money is bare minimum. I think we should have better pay and get more than a 50 cent raise every year.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short breaks
Money isn't everything
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2018
A great way to earn a decent living. the culture and climate leave a lot to be desired. Management staff is not warm and friendly. Thy could stand to take congeniality courses to better interact with subordinate employees.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Nasty Management
Not happy
Law, Public Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAOctober 10, 2018
Hired as a full-time teacher. Reduced to long-term substitute teacher due to policy variations. Hired with the prospective of passing initial teaching certificate exam congruent with attaining a teaching license within three years. Attained initial certification, but reduced to substitute status without the opportunity of continuing onto a teaching license. Substitute salary was not amenable to my financial needs.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Variations in policy
Dealing with school children
Nutrition Rep (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 9, 2018
I worked as a sub and traveled to different schools. I would have preferred a stable position to develop a better working relationship with peers and client.
Pros
vacations during school closings
Cons
unruly children