Fulton County Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun and Flexible
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
Substitute teaching was a wonderful flexible job. It was the perfect job while I was raising my 3 children. Although I worked frequently, I was able to work when I was able and not when I had other commitments. I enjoyed this job so much it was almost a surprise that I got paid for it. I had quite a few teachers that only called me as I was their preferred sub.
Pros
Great interaction with students, flexible
Cons
My experience her has been good just need more money to live off of.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 18, 2018
When coming her @ Fulton County Schools I had just left Dekalb County School District.... great choice as u can see and have heard .. my experience here has prosper significantly Thankx to my Lord and Savior U have Not cause U ask Not.. Everyday allday u hear the stories bout the kids how they behave, all I say is to this listen @ your instructor in the classroom she will tell u details on how to maintain your kids, bus @ the End of the day it's all about being respectful and receiving it back or go thru the proper channels on getting them off your bus... Great place to work @ they give u many ways than one to make extra hours but only if we had better pay to go with it and no limitations on the hours, downsize our plan hours like Atlanta Public Schools, ... Go hourly then we can really keep drivers @ Fulton County Schools drivers will be happy bout there paychecks and coming to work. The word on our work block is that We Are All Equal !!! ...it doesn't matter which end of the street we work on. That being said make our paychecks equal or at least halfway decsent then $$$ What they say Happy driver Happy paycheck 😁🤗
Pros
Many ways to make extra money, get paid for Summer time
Cons
Hourly not base pay, drop plan hours down, stop being strict on hours we make
decent place
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 5, 2018
decent to work just show up and time drive safe and collect a decent check at the end of the month. At the time it was a good job to have full benefits and ability to take bus to part time job between routes if a safe place to park . I should have stayed at this job and started my own business
Productive place to work
PARA-PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 2, 2018
PRODUCTIVE PLACE TO WORK.
FRIENDLY STAFF
A VERY FUN PLACE TO WORK

I would definitely work within Fulton County. I learned how to deal more with student.
Good Schools Bad Administration
Engineering & Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
my review on this particular school district is that the administrator really do not know their employees capabilities and there fore have often missed placed teachers in position they should not be in. I also feel that they do not communicate well written, verbally or even have any diversity outside their own communities that effects their growth.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
too subjective and non communicative
Fulton County Schools
Professional Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 22, 2018
It is unfortunate that the higher management and board members are not knowledgeable of what is really happening within the school. The emphasis is continuously on the more affluent schools. All policies and procedures are based on the majority not minority. The south schools are being disregarded.
Pros
holidays, weekends
Backward and not fair
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 19, 2018
I worked as a substitute for Fulton and i felt very unconnected out there mainly because South Fulton do not have working computers in their classrooms and I found that to be very upsetting to me when I compare that county with Gwinnett County. They have buit a new board's office up on Powers Ferry from ClevelandAve but they can't put a computer in South Fultons' classrooms and they're wondering why the rate of crime is so high with the sliders.
Pros
Cheap school lunch
Cons
No computers in classrooms
great company
Nutritional Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fulton County, GAJune 18, 2018
plenty of room for advancement, training and growth. This is supposed to be voluntary why are you asking for so much information. This makes an individuals not want to do a survey
Pros
lunch
Cons
work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Randolph elementaryJune 18, 2018
Loving good place to learn and work. Happy place to come every day. Help kids to learn no matter shape form or size give my all to my job.very well conducted and organize to fellow instructions and become a leader.
Pros
Staff like family
Cons
Health
High academic expectations for students.
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 15, 2018
FCS was a wonderful place to work. The administrative teams were very supportive and focused on the needs of the students. I learned a great deal from this organization, including recent research-based practices within the field of education. I also learned a great deal about data-driven instruction and how to utilize technology to enhance the curriculum.
Despite the daily challenges of a fast-paced environment involving the care and education of children, I felt that the most enjoyable moments were when I was able to see the results of my teaching efforts positively affecting the students.
Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 6, 2018
Extremely demanding job and as a high school teacher very intimated with students and parents. The children were apparently not trained for respect at home.
Pros
Interaction with students
Cons
Dealing with parents
I am traumatized as a former teacher
Instructional Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2018
I used to love teaching and working with the youth. I was put in an environment where I was overworked, under paid, and highly scrutinized. If I never step back inside of a classroom it would be too soon. I'm sad about this because I know teaching is not like this in every school.
A great place to work and gain a lot of experience!
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
This position allows flexibility and ample learning opportunities. Traveling to different schools and meeting many teachers and students is rewarding.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
no cons
Great Enviorment.
paraprofessional physical education teacher (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 28, 2018
Besides gaining experience with teaching and managing a class in the gymnasium, I was able to learn how to create a lesson plan, and most fun of all developing a field day plan.
Pros
Great staff, Great kids, Family Environment.
Stressful and Nepotism
General Education Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2018
I didn’t like working at Fulton Schools. The management at the schools was bad. I spoke with my manager about a new position and was never promoted or advanced. All of the jobs, I applied for he never completed a recommendation for me. I asked him about it and he claims HR never sent him the online request. An investigation was conducted and he had received all the HR inquiries about me applying for other jobs. I have a Mastsrs degree and was making $9.60 per hour.
Pros
Summer vacation
Cons
Unfair and discrimination job practices.
Paraprofessional
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 9, 2018
A typical day at work is covering the curriculum of teaching the kids nap time , outside time, lunch, centers,and reading a book to the kids and covering calendar. I enjoyed working with the kids if you had a bad day at home once you get to work the kids will brighten your day. The hardest part of the job was if a child tells you that something is going wrong in their home and you having to report that situation not knowing if it will cause a child to removed from their homes and then they have to adjust to new environment which will cause stress to that child as well. I learned that each child brings something different because everyone have their own personality.
Pros
kids are so enjoyable and no stress for me working with people
Cons
pay
Excellent opportunity to teach the youth and learn structure and management within a classroom setting
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2018
Great temporary job that allowed me to interact with other educators and people of all different ages. It was great to be able to learn new things on a regular basis as well
Pros
relaxed and great people
Cons
not stable
Fulton doesn't care
Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAMay 1, 2018
They do not care about their employees and don't have their teachers' backs. It's best to just hold your head down and enjoy teaching the children!!!
good system
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 26, 2018
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is one of Georgia's premier state parks located within the north Georgia mountains in the quaint town of Helen. Unicoi is a beautiful park and perfect for the nature lover!! With wonderful and great accommodations surrounded by nature's playground, we couldn't help but create great experiences that only enhance our guests' getaway. From paddle board courses and s'mores with stories around the campfire to fly fishing classes and guided hik ...
Terrible Supervision
Maintenance Mechanic I - Painter (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2018
The supervisors are cut throat. They are all about taking care of each other and not any problems that arise with the staff. They don't/won't listen to the staff when there is a problem or complaint. They turn it around on the staff member.
Pros
Receive holidays off with pay
Cons
Poor supervision