Fulton County Schools Employee Reviews

Dealing with school children
Nutrition Rep (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 9, 2018
I worked as a sub and traveled to different schools. I would have preferred a stable position to develop a better working relationship with peers and client.
Pros
vacations during school closings
Cons
unruly children
Great Experience
Teacher Retired (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2018
I enjoyed working there until retirement. The students were well mannered and parents were great awesome supporters. My only reason for leaving was leadership changed and I retired.
Used to be great
Specialist I - Charter Schools Division (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2018
FCS used to be a great place to work. However, positions get created based on who you know, not what you know. The internal complaint process is a joke. People are retaliated against when you exercise your right to either blow the whistle or have a problem mediated by HR. There is absolutely no privacy with such matters. There are no true career paths. Very rarely does Fulton look within and move people up...especially the gems that have been with FCS for years and years and have more knowledge in regards to culture and how to get things done. The Board needs to turnover...they are so old and want nothing to change. No wonder, Fulton is a county divided by race and not just one Fulton. The leadership is not about the students, they are about looking pretty for the media and the public, which just leaves the students high and dry. Lots of pointless meetings about meeting where nothing ever gets resolved or moved forward.
Pros
Breaks off when students are on break
Cons
Long work days, after hours meetings, not getting paid overtime
Productive Work Enviroment
Educational Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
A typical workday usually consist of helping clear the hallways after transition from one period to the next. While having to do this I have learned that many students appreciate the rigor and the constant correction during the school day.
Fun Atmosphere
Football Coach/Para-Professional (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GASeptember 7, 2018
Loved going to work, I was in special education department. Make sure they get to class on time, help them with there work, and keep them on task. Monitor grades and make modification to the work to make sure it fit there IEP or 504 accomodation
Cons
Salary for expectation
Great people and students .. just not enough pay
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 5, 2018
I loved the job.. I just couldnt provide for my family with the salary. I traveled from school to school.. Elementary and High school.. The schools were great!
Great place to move around
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
There are lots of departments you can work in. Building a network with over 10,000 employees is great. I really like that there are many different people you can work and collaborate with. They offer programs for advancement which I think is working well helping others get to the top.
No Commment
Substitute Teacher (Long-term) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
I have no comments, it is a public school, I served in the absences of the regular class room teacher maintain discipline and ensured all assignments were completed.
peaceful and harmonious place to work despite the pressure
General Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GAAugust 16, 2018
Early start The work is scheduled for the week. There is no loss of time in starting. Day by day the task is variable, which helps a little in the routine. The manager is a great motivator, working hours are not tedious so the tasks are hard to do. You work as a team so that the relationship with other people becomes more harmonious.
Pros
free lunches
it's good if like driving
bus driver (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAAugust 15, 2018
I loved driving the kids but somethings needed to be improved. the management was over worked and the pay didn't add up. Rules were made up and some didn't care to follow them.
Productive and fun place to work
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 4, 2018
Fulton County Schools (FCS) was a great place to work. It was and is on the cutting edge of meeting the educational needs of children.

Additionally, FCS is inclusive, in meeting the needs of a diverse demographic, and it constantly strives to improve areas, of inclusion, needed.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Paper work
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 25, 2018
It was a great career job. They had great benifits with paid vacation. The pay was great and off on every holiday. I miss working there. I worked Mondays through Fridays. Extra pay on weekends.
Fun and Flexible
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
Substitute teaching was a wonderful flexible job. It was the perfect job while I was raising my 3 children. Although I worked frequently, I was able to work when I was able and not when I had other commitments. I enjoyed this job so much it was almost a surprise that I got paid for it. I had quite a few teachers that only called me as I was their preferred sub.
Pros
Great interaction with students, flexible
Cons
My experience her has been good just need more money to live off of.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 18, 2018
When coming her @ Fulton County Schools I had just left Dekalb County School District.... great choice as u can see and have heard .. my experience here has prosper significantly Thankx to my Lord and Savior U have Not cause U ask Not.. Everyday allday u hear the stories bout the kids how they behave, all I say is to this listen @ your instructor in the classroom she will tell u details on how to maintain your kids, bus @ the End of the day it's all about being respectful and receiving it back or go thru the proper channels on getting them off your bus... Great place to work @ they give u many ways than one to make extra hours but only if we had better pay to go with it and no limitations on the hours, downsize our plan hours like Atlanta Public Schools, ... Go hourly then we can really keep drivers @ Fulton County Schools drivers will be happy bout there paychecks and coming to work. The word on our work block is that We Are All Equal !!! ...it doesn't matter which end of the street we work on. That being said make our paychecks equal or at least halfway decsent then $$$ What they say Happy driver Happy paycheck 😁🤗
Pros
Many ways to make extra money, get paid for Summer time
Cons
Hourly not base pay, drop plan hours down, stop being strict on hours we make
Great Work Life Balance
Long-Term Substitute/ Surplus Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fulton County, GAJuly 12, 2018
As a Long Term Substitute, you are given the opportunity to manage a classroom to the best of your ability without any guidance or support. Your days are micromanaged with minimal support or warning due to the every changing climate and changes from higher up. You must be willing to adapt and overcome.
Pros
Great opportunity to mentor, coach and teach.
Cons
Peer support.
decent place
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 5, 2018
decent to work just show up and time drive safe and collect a decent check at the end of the month. At the time it was a good job to have full benefits and ability to take bus to part time job between routes if a safe place to park . I should have stayed at this job and started my own business
Productive place to work
PARA-PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 2, 2018
PRODUCTIVE PLACE TO WORK.
FRIENDLY STAFF
A VERY FUN PLACE TO WORK

I would definitely work within Fulton County. I learned how to deal more with student.
Good Schools Bad Administration
Engineering & Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
my review on this particular school district is that the administrator really do not know their employees capabilities and there fore have often missed placed teachers in position they should not be in. I also feel that they do not communicate well written, verbally or even have any diversity outside their own communities that effects their growth.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
too subjective and non communicative
Fulton County Schools
Professional Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 22, 2018
It is unfortunate that the higher management and board members are not knowledgeable of what is really happening within the school. The emphasis is continuously on the more affluent schools. All policies and procedures are based on the majority not minority. The south schools are being disregarded.
Pros
holidays, weekends
Backward and not fair
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 19, 2018
I worked as a substitute for Fulton and i felt very unconnected out there mainly because South Fulton do not have working computers in their classrooms and I found that to be very upsetting to me when I compare that county with Gwinnett County. They have buit a new board's office up on Powers Ferry from ClevelandAve but they can't put a computer in South Fultons' classrooms and they're wondering why the rate of crime is so high with the sliders.
Pros
Cheap school lunch
Cons
No computers in classrooms