Fulton Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

I did not enjoy this job at all.
Lockbox Processor II (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 4, 2019
I was never given any breaks. The position I was hired for never materialized. Management was touch and go, sometimes they followed through, sometimes they didn't. The help I was supposed to get would come days after it was promised. Over all it was not a good experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No breaks, petty co-workers
Overall
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 7, 2019
Fulton was a great step into the banking world. Since it's a small bank you’re able to learn many job roles within the branch. Training is wonderful and management was okay but not always fair. Fulton is still stick in the old ways not big on forward thinking.
Pros
Training
Cons
Growth within the company
Loved it
Teller (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDFebruary 27, 2019
loved working here, customers are very friendly, occasional drama between tellers otherwise one of my favorite positions. you work both the lobby & drive thru. other tellers are always willing to help
Cons
drama
great local place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester County, PAFebruary 27, 2019
Every branch is different but where I worked we were close. Everyone was super flexible and really nice. I was at Fulton for over 7 years with no previous experience. So I started on lower end of pay but did get advancement every position move and annual review increase. Started part time and was in supervisor role in the end. Left with a good impression and would definitely go back if I can. Health benefits are good and 401k is decently matched. Of course always a bit of Drama is always involved when you have so many people and branch teams but nothing too terrible. Work life Balance was the hardest thing for me due to the full time schedule. The sales part of the job isn't an impossible number to accomplish.
Pros
good benefits, culture
Cons
sometimes long hours, drama
Great place to work and grow.
Statement /Mail Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Petersburg, PAFebruary 25, 2019
Effectively communicates expectations and enforces Company policy’s and values without creating negative reactions or feedback. Open door policy with the supervisor and manager is very helpful.
Pros
Good benefits package and Holiday Pay.
Cons
Long term employees resistant to change
Changing culture, good benefits, disconnected management.
LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 13, 2019
The corporate culture changed significantly in the time 14 years I was there. Once a family oriented smaller feel company, it is now in transition to a less personal, large company feel. Many changes were taking place and it was hard to adjust. Typical corporate culture shaping program. Not a bad place to work, just expect lower than industry standard wages with a little better than average benefit package. Very good coworkers, but poor communication between departments. Senior management now seems fairly disconnected with the average worker, and your job is not valued if a business case can be made to eliminate it, which in fairness to this review, happened to me.
Benefits
Cons
Low salary, impersonal company feel.
Not a bad company but pay isn't the best
Loan Operations Team Leader II (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 25, 2019
Okay company to work for yet their computer systems are sincerely out of date. Good PTO and flexibility in regards to taking time off. Overall not the worst place to work however their are a lot of other companies out their with better perks and culture.
Pros
Monday to Friday 8-5 job, Laid back environment
Cons
No ability to work from home, no salary raises above 2%
Excellent company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 1, 2019
Best company I have ever worked for. Leadership cares about employees. Culture and people are amazing. A bit conservative with salary, but benefits make up for it.
Don't care about long time employees
Fulton Bank of NJ (Former Employee) –  Fulton Bank of NJDecember 29, 2018
When I first started with the company as a part time employee in the branch it was very promissing. Always told you can move up and grow with the company. But they don't tell you that it is difficult, they play favoritism in the offices. If they see your really good at your current position they dont want you to move up or grow even if thats your game plan.
They have become very sales orientted and if you don't meet your goals you wont get a raise now. Even if you work your butt off trying to sell but customers dont want the products or they get turned down because of certain reasons.
They make you feel guility when you need to take time off, or if you need a day off and someone is already off you cant request it- even if you have an appointment or a family need.
Branch shortage is always happening and they still expect a ton out of you when that happens.
You can be with the company for many years and still get paid the same at what they are hiring new people at with no experience in the banking world at all. Its very frustrating especially when your role is a lot hire then the new hire and they are making as much as you and they have less respoinbilities and sales goals. But yet you still have to meet your sales goals in order to get even a 10c raise.
Forget the cost of living keeps going up- that doesnt matter.
Favoirtism for those that seem to never have to work Saturdays. We are all supposed to rotate but that seems to never be the case especially the Saturdays before a bank holiday on the Monday. I feel like i never get a 3 day weekend unless i use my own pto
  more... for it.
You have to ask permission if you want to apply for an open position, which is diffcult and almost why should it matter for permission if you want to explore other oportunites within the company.
It has been becoming very stressful work enviorment and looking forward to my new opporunity elsewhere.

Best part is the pto and health benefits, even though the meidcal benifts keep going up every year - they are still pretty good. If you been with the company for awhile your PTO is pretty good.
The 401k and stock options available as well.
Pros
Pto, Health insurance
Cons
Stressful, too pushy on sales
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 28, 2018
loved my branch, typical banking hours, management was fantastic. back office helpful when needed. co workers were great. enjoyed working for the company.
Easy to...
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Hellam, PADecember 2, 2018
Is a bank very out Dated , Need improvement although for a new person with out experience is easy to learn and adjust but for someone with bank experience is not a easy task.
Not a bad place to work
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 13, 2018
Each department had their own culture. I worked in a department where I had a flexible schedule and was not micro-managed. The compensation is on the low end but the PTO is generous.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of growth opportunity, low pay
Boring
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Newberrytown, PANovember 11, 2018
Co-workers were unenjoyable to work with. Training was very minimal. Overall disappointed with the job. Very slow work pace and co-workers not very accepting of new employees.
Great work environment
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 9, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Fulton and would return upon request for seasonal hire. The staff is well equipped, warm and thoroughly trained. There is a very welcoming team of management.
Stay Away!
Loan and Deposit Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Petersburg, PANovember 8, 2018
If a job title has been changed several times or the post has been advertised for more than two months, STAY AWAY. Any future job offers that I’ve had offered, since leaving, have been selected with caution.
I went to Fulton Bank with a year of experience working in a banking call center environment. In the interview, I was told that it was a sales position. My main responsibilities would be to handle loan processing, deposits,and selling products for the bank. I was led to believe that I was working with a team and any help I needed, I would be able to go to my manager and get the info I needed to do my job.
In reality is this department is responsible for any grunt work other departments DONT want to do. Managers were very minipilative, often giving us wrong info or sabotaging work, just to write up a person. The amount of work was never ending, especially on the loan applications.
I learned a lot about myself, including organization skills, managing stress levels and balancing work/life. I would suggest to give more responsibility to the branches, customer service and the research department. And the bank has 200 branches, not 12. Update some of the procedures to reflect your size.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Very sales oriented, no support, blatant favortism, inconsistent operations
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 7, 2018
Poor leadership and lack of support from senior management.

Very sales focused without consideration for factors contributing to lack of sales success, such factors (for example staffing issues) labeled as excuses. Customers' true needs less important than cross-selling opportunities. Required to make telemarketing calls.

Aggressive sales culture and goals and high pressure to perform create stressful work environment. Stress is elevated and employees feel under valued when staffing needs are brushed off.

Senior management out of touch with reality and quite disconnected from what goes on in a branch and what employees really need.

Branch assessments and expectations inconsistent, often dependent upon assessor's interpretation of policy. Assessors show favortism toward some employees/branches but communicate harshly with other employees/branches, they also often hold grudges when challenged.

Speaking up on any issue leads to alienation and retaliation.
Pros
Benefits include generous PTO, healthcare plans, stock options
Cons
Overly sales oriented, favortism from senior management
Banking
Stock/Bond Trader/Trading Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 6, 2018
Very nice office space. Friendly staff to work with who would go out of their way to assist you. Great location to take walks on lunch breaks. Ample parking.
Great people and entrepreneurial environment
Senior Business Analyst, IT Business Services (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 5, 2018
If you want to influence change, this company has a lot of opportunities. If you want to be successful, you should ensure that your role is aligned to a business leader.
was an introduction to the banking industry
Lockbox Processor / Mail Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Petersburg, PANovember 1, 2018
felt the company had far too many meetings at the most inconvenient times.
went in and balanced the number of statements sent to the print vendor to those shipped
Awesome Company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 24, 2018
Great employer, Great Company. Good Management and environment. Care about employees happiness. However, They tend to hire from outside than promote from inside. They do pay for education but Hard to get opportunities to those aspiring to grow.
Pros
Everything is great. I am a happy employee.
Cons
Cannot grow within. Have to look to elsewhere for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton Financial Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss