Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

Contract Therapy Services
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 5, 2019
The company has a changing culture of management which strives on keeping employees happy. Yet, the pressures of productivity standards are very high and sometimes very stressful to maintain on a day to day basis based on patient needs. The company virtually allows no exception to this, despite saying it places the patients first. Despite this, the company offers good pay and benefits.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
stressful, management dilemmas
You have been forewarned!
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Merrimack Valley of MassachusettsJanuary 25, 2019
If you are a self-respecting SLP who has a desire to work alongside competent and dedicated rehabilitation professionals and supportive clinical management at the facility level, while simultaneously being expected to meet unrealistic productivity standards and be accountable for every unbillable moment of your day (including use of the restroom) by a regional manager who is connected to you and your work setting by way of the internet, then Functional Pathways is for you.
Pros
Skilled and dedicated coworkers!
Cons
Primary focus is on billable hours and productivity.
Terrible management
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAJanuary 9, 2019
I love my job as a COTA and my team at the Kingston, MA location is great however the current D.O.R is horrible. Does not care about employees and even encourages employees commit fraudulent acts just to get productivity rates. If the current D.O.R was not there, this place may have been a good place to work at despite the terrible health care benefits offered.
This company does not see the value in their employees and always try to decrease pay rate compared to other companies. Average pay is under $24/hr where-as other companies pay about $28/hr.
Pros
Good team, Flexible punch in/out
Cons
Poor management, poor health benefits, poor pay rate
If you like ridiculous productivity demands, massive amounts of paperwork then Functional Pathways is for you.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 29, 2018
Low starting pay and unrealistic expectations from upper management who constantly add RightTrack, ScreenRight and many other written forms of busywork that make reaching the productivity standard nearly impossible without working off the clock. Productivity standards anywhere else is usually lower for PTs/OTs vs. COTAs and PTAs but FP has the same ridiculous standard for therapists and assistants. Hours are not prioritized to fill full time employees schedules first, but rather get full time employees the guaranteed 30 hours a week and then give hours to part time employees . PTO and sick days are not set amounts and are adjusted based on hours worked. FP is also too cheap to hire full time rehab techs to assist the therapists and assistants. This would balance the workload by transporting patients and maintaining the rehab gym so that all the massive amounts of paperwork can be completed as timely as they demand.
Pros
$5 gift card when your professions month rolls around, company lunches for $15 on a monthly basis if productivity is met
Cons
Exorbitant healthcare premiums, no paid time off, no raises despite initial promises, frequent communication from upper management when you are not toeing the line
This company simply wants bodies to work.
SLP (Current Employee) –  PADecember 9, 2018
Unrealistic productivity standards and poor wages with no raises.

No corporate support.

Abuse of personal e mail for work purposes.

Phone calls are never returned.

Incompetent HR.
loved the work environment
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 5, 2018
I grew so much in this job. We had a few managers in and out during this time and it kept getting worse as the new ones came in. I got hurt on the job and wasn't released back to full duty and was let go with out a reason.
Waste of time!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PADecember 4, 2018
Pros: Helping the Clients and Assist with Therapist. Free Lunches sometimes. Cons: Poor managment, Poor Lack of Communication, Poor Benefits, Poor Pay,
Pros
Helping with Cllients
Cons
Poor Management and Pay
Productivity expectations with consisten mat low caseloads
PTA (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 7, 2018
Nice facilities, management is good, Just like all other companies. Focused on productivity. The pay is average. Contract company so some facilities you don’t really feal like you belong , kind of keep rehab separate.
Cons
CCRC’s have inconsistent hours
Highly stressful job at an unethical company
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dandridge, TNNovember 6, 2018
The SNF I worked at was fabulous. Great in house staff and facilities. However, functional pathways is a very poor employer. They are completely The money driven and care nothing about the patients or staff. My manager would have months notice that someone needed to be off but would not schedule PRN help and would instead push the other employees to pick up all the patients of the person who was off. He did not want anything to mess up his bonus, such as using PRN people. The productivity requirements for assistants was 92 to 93% but if you manage to maintain that, they question your ethics but if you fall below you are written up. They are not supportive of you at all if you have some sort of health crisis. There are definitely worse places to work, but not by much.
Pros
The residents and facility where I was
Cons
Pretty much everything. Money driven and no support
Great environment to work in
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 19, 2018
The veterans are great to work and get to talk and interact with. The employees are great to work with also. There are many activities for staff and residents.
Pros
Cheap lunches and activities
Cons
Low salary
Unprofessional and disrespectful company that follows the almighty dollar
PT (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 25, 2018
This company asks for professionalism and respect to follow their values and in return they do not offer that to their employees. Following their own policies and directives has been questionable and compliance with rules and regulations is at odds with their listed values.
If you are in the business of making money and do not worry about CMS rules and regs....this company is for you.
Poor compensation and high expectations
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 15, 2018
Low starting pay and unrealistic expectations from upper management who rarely communicates with staff. Productivity standards are 90% for COTAs and PTAs. Hours are not prioritized to fill full time employees schedules first, but rather get full time employees the guaranteed 30 hours a week and then give hours to part time employees or outsource to other facilities so they meet their guaranteed hours. PTO and sick days are not set amounts and are adjusted based on hours worked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay, benefits, hours, Pto
Low Pay
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNSeptember 11, 2018
Functional Pathways does not pay a competitive rate. The team I worked with was an absolute amazing team of therapist but the manager was difficult. He would continually be sent out of town and not notify the team until the last minute.
Pros
Asbury Place
Cons
Pay, vacation time and managment
Excellent management! I love this job!
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fostoria, OHAugust 20, 2018
My manager is the best I've ever had, and he is so humble about it. He makes doing my job so much easier because he communicates well with me and the team, asks good rationale questions, brings up concerns right away, and supports me in front of nurses and doctors when I explain my opinion on how a patient ought to be treated. We recently had a meeting with our compliance director who reinforced that this company is all about patient-centered care, and that comes before the bottom line. I have never been more impressed by a therapy company than by FP. I work for them PRN, however I would absolutely work full time if that became an opportunity. Thank you, FP, for showing me that there are still companies that care about the patient first and can stay in the black doing so!
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHAugust 10, 2018
Functional Pathways was a very relaxed and wonderful company to work for. Great support system along with great core values that they stood by. Work/Life balance is wonderful !
Pros
Wonderful Company to Work For
Cons
Low Salaries for Administrative Staff
Work with caution!!!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 14, 2018
Corporate is cut throat and unfair. Managers were getting terminated frequently. We had multiple regional managers during my time there and a total over haul of the rehab team. Try to get the highest rate you can at hire because you will not get a raise while you are there. Unless you submit your resignation. Then they make a desperate attempt to keep you and offer you a higher rate that likely still is not as high as the new offer you received. Too little too late Functional Pathways. They preach to the staff to "keep the contract". How about "keeping good employees." Corporate will bow down to the buildings they are contracted in and fire managers and staff to appease them. Every company has their issues, but I'd save yourself the stress and look elsewhere.
Pros
free online CEU's
Cons
too many to mention in one sentence
Good company
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Erwin, TNJuly 12, 2018
good company to work for however the insurance is too expensive and not very good. Vice president is a good person and tries to help when able to . vision and dental ok
Like most rehab companies
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 26, 2018
Like most rehab companies, they often placed productivity above anything else, which made the environment stressful. Fellow employees were nice to work with a positive team approach.
Rehab Manager
Program Manager & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 12, 2018
This company require you to work hard with little down time during the day. If you are a therapist you can make well if not its not worth the salary for the amount of work you are asked to do. Plus you are NEVER off. I worked even on vacation.
Pros
Cons
Did not pay non therapist enough for management position
Bad company for multiple reasons.
PTA (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 2, 2018
Good physical environment at SNF. Promised annual raise but no staff ever got annual evaluation and therefore no raise. Now over a year an a half. Not consistent with scheduling. Always requiring more work out of us. Upper management only seem interested in profit, not quality of care.
Pros
Good cooworkers!
Cons
Lots of turnover with FPR.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Functional Pathways. Our community is ready to answer.