Fundamental Employee Review

Administrative personnel base opinions on personality, not on appropriate patient care.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 12, 2013
To quote Indira Gandhi who said " There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group, there is less competition there." Point of care should be the defining example of a nurse and the staff for their ability to perform the necessary functions of patient care. Unfortunately, it is most often based on personalities and not the quality of care provided. It is a shame that some administrative personnel have total lack of leadership and unbiased approaches to their patients, employees, and company. EVERYTHING is based on money and personalities and NOT on the best welfare of the patients. I realize a company must show a profit in order to exist but at what cost to common decency of a fellow staff member should this be allowed? I have watched a DON bully and brow beat staff to the point of cruelty and absurdity without any accountability or consequences for their actions. The upper administrative personnel are allowing this....for the sake of what? Lack of compassion and dignity for another human being is not acceptable conduct on any level or in any profession. Administration may have the last say in hiring and dismissing personnel but the validation of their own actions is sorely lacking and suggest maligning, misrepresenting, verbally abusing and disparaging the character of an individual employee. In the end, the shame is theirs alone to bear; may they be shown more mercy than they have shown.
Pros
its a job to feed your family
Cons
its not much of a job to extend your career ethically

Other Fundamental Employee Reviews

Fundamental
Woodlands rehabilitation and suites (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXJune 4, 2018
D.O.N very rude and distasteful.I would come in non stop to work n and was unappreciated....Most of us c.N.A's are unappreciated were here with our patients day in and out.
Pros
Paid good
Cons
No breaks, Overworked, Mistreated, No voice
High stress and low support
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2018
I would not recommend this company. The corporate management definately micromanages every aspect of the day to day operations. You are not given automy to make decisions. I received almost no actual training despite asking my original trainer and my corporate nurse to review the "check-off" with me. The place is a disaster and has so many things out of compliance, but I was expected to spend an huge amount of time in meetings. It was impossible to get everything expected done. They do not care anything about the staff. They are typical corporate america looking out for themselves at the expense of our elderly residents. Unorganized and not given time to make any changes. It is very negative. Horrible job culture. If you make a mistake, expect to get suspended even though it has nothing to do with abuse or neglect. Punishment is their focus rather than growth and support of employees. Untrustworthy and watch your back.
Pros
Hardworking ADON's and case management
Cons
punishment rather than learning and growth