Furman University Employee Reviews

Marketing Intern
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 18, 2018
It was a good learning experenice especially for an enrolled student at Furman University. It is a very good way to learn about what the lower levels of the industry entail.
There is a reason so many people retire from Furman
Assistant Athletic Trainer/Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 8, 2018
What a great place to work, from the beauty of the campus to the spirit of the students who would not want to be a part of the culture. The students are the best.
Great place to work!
Head Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 26, 2018
Furman was located in a great area and was an excellent place to work. The employees were very genuine people and my job was about taking care of the student-athletes.
Summer job
Summer Housing Staff (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 8, 2018
Worked in summer housing helped get everything in order before the students came back to school in the fall. Also prepared the dorms for the camps and conferences that were held at Furman during the summer.
Great
Accounting Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 5, 2018
GREAT work environment. Everyone there was very enjoyable to work with. The boss and co-workers loved working with everyone and you really felt like they cared about you.
productive and fun working
Administrative Assistant Athletics (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCNovember 12, 2017
Administrative Assistant Women's Athletics and Sports Information

Great job working with the students.

Helped the coaches with day to day activities. Recruitment for Women's Basketball, Womens VolleybaLL.

Travel for the opposing teams.
Working with the students is was very rewarding.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 7, 2017
A typical day involved helping students, faculty, and staff with criminal complaints, motorist assistance, and investigations of crimes. Working and meeting the students was the most rewarding part of the time that I spent at Furman.
Pros
Meeting new students.
Cons
Working 12 hours night shift hours.
Good first job
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 9, 2017
I have learned a lot and felt that it was a safe place to try out new skills. Everyone who works at Furman is kinda and want others around them to succeed.
Staff
Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 19, 2017
Great group of people to work with! Genuine, caring, supportive, group of people. Benefits are good. Often overlook the work horses to hire less experienced alumni instead of promoting from within.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Compensation - Advancement
Fitness through sports
Intern Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 22, 2017
While a Furman University, I would work from 8:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. from Monday through Thursday, and on Friday I would work from 6:00 a.m. till noon. I assisted with football, men and women’s basketball, men’s lacrosse, and softball. With these teams I assessed and demonstrated techniques for sport specific exercises. With a very competitive and fast-paced work environment, the staff did a great job of working together and multitasking to organize and run an effective training facility. The hardest part of the job was being able to adapt to training situations and being able to train more than one team at a time without it affecting their own workouts. The most enjoy part of the job was the staff I was able to work with. Being able to learn from them and the way they train their athletes. This was the start of my Strength and Conditioning career so a lot of what I learned carried over to how I currently coach.
Educational and exciting environment
RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 14, 2017
Exciting and fun job to have for a summer while fulfilling educational requirements for a degree. I learned a lot of skills that I was able to take with me to other jobs.
Fun, Helpful, and Inclusive - An Admissions Office like no other
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 18, 2017
Typical Day at work:
1. Weekly meetings to discuss upcoming events, personal updates, as well as updates for professional initiatives
2. Maintaining a calendar through outlook is essential
3. Providing timely communication is also essential
4. Interacting with prospective students, families, and other campus guests.
5. Communicating with other members of the office. Helping co-workers when/ where it is necessary.
What I learned:
Furman truly takes care for its employees. They have an extensive operation that strives to promote diversity, higher education, undergraduate research, and student and alumni pride.
Management:
Senior staff members and your co-workers within your department always want newer employees to be comfortable and succeed. Never hesitate to ask questions!
Workplace Culture:
Work ethic is strong across the boards. Everyone believes in working hard. However, taking the time to relax and have fun is critical to everyone's agenda as well.
Hardest Part:
Methodology of yielding students.
Most Enjoyable:
Traveling for 2 months of the admission season across the country and sometimes the world.
Pros
free lunches, free swag, inviting office, development of many skills
Cons
Saturday events, difficult to advance
Sometimes fun but overall stressful work environment.
Video Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Travelers Rst, SCApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Furman University. I had the chance to meet a lot of great people who were nice and very pleasant. I would say thought that I did not always enjoy my time there with stress from my close co workers. But overall I am thankful for the opportunity.
Great networking
Post Baccalaureate Sustainability Fellow (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 12, 2017
Make good professional relationships and grew network. The position led to further career opportunities and networking opportunities within the city of Greenville and large corporations in the area.
creative environment
Photo I and II teacher's assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 12, 2017
Good experience working in the creative field and education. Enjoyed working with other students and having flexible hours while still in classes. Good supervisor relations.
Productive and creative workplace
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 12, 2017
Good inter-employee relations, benefits, and networking opportunities. I enjoyed the work environment which was relaxed but productive. Supervisor was very supportive and encouraged personal career through the position.
Pros
Access to gym
Great work place
Security/Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 15, 2017
Working under the management at the campus was exciting, hardest part of job was standing and walking for 6+ hours at at time, enjoyable part would be the people you work with and conversations you would produce with the public.
Pros
sometimes free lunches, long breaks
Cons
work no matter what the weather is like, long hours on your feet
Great Internship opportunity with room to grow and learn
Event Planning Internship (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 25, 2016
it was a good place to start out with an internship. You learn a lot during your time there. The management is good, as well as co-workers
Great Place to Learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC 29617October 8, 2016
Great place to learn, productive learning environments, set each of their students up for success, provide many opportunities for internships, promote diversity and cultural awareness
Research Job
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 5, 2016
It is a good University with friendly co-workers and systematic managements. My topic of research was " Synthesis and Characterization of DNA encapsulated Ag clusters." It is a highly important field of research. It has versatile applications.