FURNITURE FAIR Employee Reviews

Fun yet undisciplined place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2018
Very outgoing environment until you make a mistake based off experience because you couldn't be trained. I wasn't properly trained because of how bad they needed the extra help so mistakes were made on my part but then I found out long term employees with family owned company didn't want to train properly because managers had these employees plates so full they felt overworked and underappreciated. Nice people and work ethic but overall needed more organization and communications to better help workers succeed.
Good place to work.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 20, 2018
Nice place to work. You do not have to have experience to work there. They do training and you can make good money if you put in the time and effort. Good benefits.
Crazy!!!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2018
While I was there I made many new friends as well as clients. I would say that if i saw any of the outside of the workplace we would still talk and be friendly. The overall issue is that there are some truly good people within this organization. However with that being true, most of them are afraid of the upper management from the corporate offices. If a high ranking member of management or even a mid level manager comes to a store, everyone walks around as if they are walking on egg shells. You have to walk the corporate line and agree with all of the decisions made. At the store level there are some issues in regards to sales staff being fairly scheduled to work. Some people seem to get better shifts than others and are allowed to do things others won't do without being reprimanded.
Great place to work with potential for advancement.
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 26, 2018
Great company to work for. Work hard and try every day and there is lots of advancement opportunity. I myself have been promoted several times in the years I have been here and no I'm not a family member.
Productive, laid back, and dun place to work
Sales Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 26, 2018
I loved working there the atmosphere was laid back the job was easy. The employees were like family and owners were great. You decided how much you made and the managers were always there to help. The monthly trainings set you up for success.
Ok
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 25, 2018
The job was ok. You just never knew when you were going to get off. All types of weather but that was cool, until a customer want there furniture and it's raining but do not want you to step on anything in house rugs etc. People ordering things too big that they think we can force in house. Hours were great until they cut my hours from 40 to 50 to 15 bc of sales people coming to work in Warehouse.
very cut throat/ too many sales people at times
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 20, 2018
they promise opportunities of high pay but in reality you don't even make a livable wage for the hours you put in. Turnover rate is extremely high at all their locations.....Wonder why.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
to many sales people not enough customers/ low pay
All around good company yo work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 14, 2018
Great company to work for.Quality products,support from all departments when needed,advancement opportunity, and good pay with top performance,good training program.
Pros
Knowledgeable management, excellent income potential
Productive work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 27, 2018
Working at furniture fair was a great experience. The management staff is incredible. It's like working with a big family. I love the structure they have created for the company. I would recommend too friends and family a career here.
Management does everything to take your commission away.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioMarch 21, 2018
Your paid on delivery every 2 weeks. They never have the items in stock so your constantly waiting to get paid on delivery. Management has a negative attitude they don't care about helping and training sales people. They make there own rules as they go along. Huge turnover of employees. Don't waist your time the managers are in it for themselves.
Pros
Nice showroom if they ever hooked up the power furniture.
Cons
It's set up so they never have to pay out commission.

Want to know more about FURNITURE FAIR?

Ask a question
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  florence kyMarch 21, 2018
cash handle, sat down with the customers did all the paper that they agree to pay for schedule there delivery dates , answer phone if any one questions
Great people to work for and feeling like part of the family.
Bill and Account Collector (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 27, 2018
Going in in the mornings getting the day started.speak with employees and start the day with calling accounts. The work place and employees were great.The hardest part of the job was to please customers that were behind on there accounts. The most enjoyable part was working with employees and working together.
what I learned
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 19, 2018
I learned how to input sales orders and made sure data entry was put in correct in order to order correct furniture for customers. I balance cash drawer twice a day.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Northgate, OHFebruary 16, 2018
Great company to work at. Management really cares about you and your career growth. Excellent training program and they strive to continually improve.
Pros
great discounts, fun people, quality managment
Cons
working nights and weekends if that is not for you but it fits my lifestyle just fine.
Cool job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2018
It's an OK place I like it very much hope you like it as well fun family store. Nice price's. Fast pace hard work overtime available you'll like it if u like to lift.
Company is a great place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 16, 2018
.Furniture Fair was a awesome place to work the only thing would change is the pay structure regarding when you are paid on the furniture sold.Furniture Fair has a great health and retirement plan and also a awesome discount for its employees.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 7, 2017
The work environment and people were amazing, the skills learned were invaluable. Furniture fair was exceedingly well at taking care of their customers needs and their desires.
Pros
flexable
Cons
low pay
Better choices! Find something else!
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 28, 2017
Straight commission which is minimum wage. They charge salespeople who forget to clock in or out. Terrible because the salespeople have a draw to pay back if they don't sell. The salespeople also have to sign a paper stating that the company can retain money and "house" sales. Turnover is high and employees are stressed and mean. The managers are all family members which leave salespeople with no voice. Other companies offer more and you don't have to buy an iPad. Skip this place and the promise to make 60000. Too good to be true!
Pros
May be ok for three months if you need temp job
Cons
Management, pay, fighting, high turnover, housed sales
Income
Sales/Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2017
Needed more income and I am a Restaurant person in my soul. I was offered a Chef position and took the opportunity to get back into the industry at the time.
average work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 3, 2017
Helping customer with their furniture needs.
I enjoyed meeting new people daily and helping them.
I learned that the management was sometimes not understanding when it came to family emergency situations.
I was not happy with the way I was treated when I was working with the employees.
Pros
We had an hour for lunch
Cons
No flexibility on holiday schedules