Furniture Row Employee Reviews

I really like this company. They have so good to me.
Assistant Manager Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 12, 2019
This company has been so good to me. I have learned more form this company than I have learned from any other business since I have been in the work force. They have taught me how to be organized and how to sale.
Very competitive
Furniture Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 25, 2019
There was 3-5 sales people on the floor at once and we all were after the sales. We had to move furniture, stock, clean, order merchandise, sell, finance, credit apps, and help load out. We worked 9-9 and most holidays.
Pros
Met nice people
Cons
Worked long hours.
High paced but must be self driven
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 15, 2019
After an initial probationary period on an hourly pay scale, the job is intended as 100% commission. The quotas are very lenient as is the non-existent leadership. There should be no problem making a lot of money if you get along with the more established workers or else.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  New Albany, MSFebruary 15, 2019
Great place to work great management and always a great enviroment great people and laid back job great hours you can work a half for and get full time pay
Pros
Hours
Cons
Learning it all
Enjoyable company that cares about it employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 28, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of working with customers, helping with sales, moving furniture and answering phones. The management was relaxed but effective, if a little eager to break company policy to satisfy customers. Dealing with the stress of customers was easily the hardest part of the job, but in time you learn coping mechanisms. The most enjoyable part was hands down the workplace camaraderie. The other employees were very nice and helped make the transition incredibly easy. I enjoyed working for this company immensely.
Pros
Regional Managers
Cons
Not a salesman, no appreciation
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 21, 2019
Management is very inconsiderate of the delivery teams. No appreciation, no consideration.
If you try to take charge of deliveries and you aren't older, you are looked over instantly.
If you are not a "Yes man" you get no respect. Doesn't matter how long you have worked there.
But if you are a salesman, or a "Yes man", you can get away with so much for this company.
Warehouse and delivery personnel are made to feel expendable. And you are.
Turn over rate for delivery is high.
Most people who quit, don't quit the job, they quit bosses.
cutthroat
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 6, 2019
It is a cutthroat place to work salesmen stealing other salesmen customers salesmen making promises the can't deliver on and management doing nothing to fix the situation
Pros
benifits and vacation
Cons
little to no home life, and sales thieves
It was nice
Head of Delivery (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 26, 2018
It was nice at one point before the store manager left a new one showed up. I had a great system and the new guy wanted it done his way that didn't make any sense. I believe that manager no longer works for the company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working here and it was great money. Some of the lows were when it was slow as it is with any job. Makes you question where you are working because you aren't making any money. On busy days on the other hand you made more money to make up for the slow days.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Stressful but had the potential to make a lot of money as long as you had no life!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 6, 2018
I wouldn’t want to work at furniture row knowing what I know now! The hours are terrible and good luck seeing your family for more then a couple hours a day!
Be your own boss
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TX 75090November 14, 2018
The best part of this company was being trusted enough to make and take care of your business without anybody breathing down your neck majority of the time.
Pros
Not micro managed
Cons
Structure all over the place
Steady and consistent workflow, as far as retail can be concerned.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 14, 2018
Working in the warehouse provides an experience typical of any furniture store. Unloading trucks, taking inventory, storing product, operating stock pickers, interacting with sales staff, and loading merchandise into customer vehicles.
Pros
Flexible breaks, an hour for lunch, small staff.
Cons
Small staff, supply subject to retail seasons and contract truckers.
It has no management capable of doing there jobs
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILNovember 13, 2018
Poor management no skills with them they don’t care about you and when they get the chance they will stab you in the back and get rid of you for there mistakes
Pros
There isn’t any
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
It's not worth your time
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 10, 2018
It's not really worth anyone's time. There are 3 managers running around and not on the same page. We have a sofa mart side and an oak express side. There will be 2 sometimes 3 people on each side, and you will be unloading truck when it's colder than heck out and they'll expect you to drop whatever you're doing just to get whatever they need for them when they could grab it in 2 minutes. Management gives you the run around. They are all a bunch of BS'ers. Don't let the BS fool you. I was also shorted on a pay check. I had to be mean to get anyone to talk about it and when they finally did, I got the whole so and so forgot this and so and so was on vacation. This place isn't worth anyone's time. I highly recommend NOT working here
Avoid this Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 8, 2018
The most disorganized company I have ever worked for. If you enjoy chaos as a part of everyday routine this is the job for you. No work place family balance. Poor training.
Cons
Terrible benefits, long hours
I love by coworkers but the hours are very long
Manager Trainee-Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 6, 2018
The job isn't bad but you work all day and every weekend. You normally work 9AM-8PM three of the five days you work. For me, I don't get to see my children because of the hours. You only make 7.25hr, unless you are able to delivery out 12,000 in product a week and many things are back order.
This place is unfair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2018
I was recently let go from Furniture Row because of a co-worker said that another co-worker was smoking pot outside of work, and said I knew about it, when in reality I knew absolutely nothing. But, because said had already told the regional manager that one co-worker was smoking and that I knew about it, I was forced to resign. The store manager is a complete joke, who screws over his assistant managers and employees all the time and he lies on the time sheet saying he was there all day, when in reality, he left at 3:00.
Cons
No paided breaks, having to do things that the managers wouldn't do themselves, ridiculous HR policies
No room for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2018
This company started off wonderful. Family owned and family oriented. Now, it's cut throat; if you're not following the guidelines to precision, you're expendable. The health insurance is a joke, The hours are open to close 5 days a week, and upper management has no clue what goes on in the store. Your regional won't have your back, the corporate office won't listen to your suggestions, and good luck getting in touch with hr. Retaliation is a thing here, which is sad to say. You can make decent money, if you're willing to come in on your days off considering you will not get your customers sale of you're not at the store. Product is infamously backordered so good luck trying to get product in to get paid, or to make the sale better yet. And all of the product is becoming big lots quality, cheap and replaceable.
Pros
Good hiring process that you will get along with most everyone who works there
Cons
Long hours, no one to back you up
good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 25, 2018
furniture row is a good company to work for, it defiantly help you grow and promote employees to a higher position within a very short time dependent on how fast you want to move on with your career.
Pros
good campany to work for.
Cons
you have to move everytime you get promoted.
Good Job, miss it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 23, 2018
It was a good easy job and I was sad to see the store close, but I was the most helpful person there, I was good with customers and favorited by my boss and I was hoping it was gonna stay open long enough for me to get benifets, but I had to leave cause of the store closing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Furniture Row. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight