Furniture Row

Furniture Row Employee Reviews

United States324 reviews
You will work for your paycheck
They pay the employees a piece rate. which can be a good thing and a bad thing. As long as your a hard worker and don't mind starting your day at 3-4 am. But sometimes we didn't leave till 9 at night. A job is all in what you make it. The faster you learn the locations, the faster you can be done.
Not enjoyable anymore, no trust
I used to love this company. It has changed considerably. I no longer enjoy coming to work. The long hours, holidays, and weekends are more enjoyable when you make the money to make it worthwhile and the people that are around you are good people and have your best interest at heart. Anyone that gets a job in retail has to understand it will be those long hours.
The decision makers in this company have not kept their word. I don't feel that they care about the people that make them their money. I remember a quote from one of the leaders of the company saying "if you promise something do it. In your personal or work life". Trust is very important. I have been solid with this company through a lot. This company no longer deserves my loyalty, trust and work ethic.
Job sucks management lies
Job sucks management sucks they lie set you up for failure long dam hours then tight back in next morning. Manager was two FACED talked behind your back with other employees. Customers came first didnt care bout employees
Unrealistic, unreasonable, big waste of time.
This was my first position after graduating college. If you have a degree do not waste your time with this position as you will be seriously selling yourself short.

There are some major issues I came across in my short time here

To begin with, you will be asked very personal questions in your interview that are very close to being illegal.

The culture of the company is very cult-like, and you will be scolded for questioning it!

The sales process, which they claim is “unique to Furniture Row” is actually widely used, and you will again be scolded for not following it to perfection.

Unless you work in a store that has a healthy economy, you will absolutely not make as much as their employment ads suggest!

Sales computer programs are very, very old and are not user friendly at all.

You will be required to competitive shop your competitors in the area on your days off and will not be paid for it.

As a salesperson, you will be cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, and dusting, but don’t believe for a second you’re paid hourly for this.

You will become incredibly stressed out because you are paid only on commission, and only when product is delivered.

Your manager’s pay is affected by how much you sell, so be prepared to be micromanaged like never before.

Although this was not related to my position, the warehouse workers at my store were awesome but they were never properly compensated

All in all, I would not suggest trying to build a career with this company. There are far superior roles in sales and retail that will be far more rewarding.
Pros
Paid training, great coworkers
Cons
Micromanagement, poor culture, very dated business tactics, no work/life balance, high stress, poor compensation structure
Easily the most dysfunctional and poorly managed company
This company is a complete joke. First, the "training" is an absolute joke and is non-existent. Second, the job posting for "Sales Associate-"Manager in Training" is a complete lie as there is little to no training on doing managerial tasks. The pay in nowhere near 40-75K annually that they claim. The benefits are non-existent. Their computer system is from the dinosaur era and their ENTIRE system was HACKED recently and customer data was compromised. What did they do? Not a single thing.

In fact, you will make minimum wage more often than not, unless you load out a ton of furniture each week. You are asked or forced to do insane amounts of cleaning in the store, in addition to dealing with customer issues and lack of management. The regional was totally blind to what actually goes on in the store and too afraid of confrontation and conflict to actually do his job.

The store manager only cared about his own sales and job security and nothing else. 11 hour shifts, working holidays and weekends, having no social life, and coming home defeated every day is what this job does. It is not worth your time.

This job is a glorified janitor and cashier job, and Some good opportunity to develop sales skills on your own, but you are taught/trained basically nothing. I do not advise this company, as a consumer and an employee.
Pros
can sit and watch netflix and do nothing all day
Cons
no benefits, long days, terrible pay, no loyalty
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Delivery truck
Very very poor management,quick to stab you in the back,I doubled productivity in my 9 years there,and they let me go,from hear say. Not even a warning or checking it out,regional management change every 12 months,I would never advise anyone to work for the Missoula store,unless you want to damage your health!!!
Just Don't
Training is awful. They briefly go over their product which is near over 100+ items in each department. You watch probably 30 videos which are somewhat educational but you will get bored with them very quick. Oh, I hope you like times where you are just sitting around for 2-3 hours doing absolutely nothing. This is what drove me away from this company was the lack of business and training. Also, be prepared to answer phone calls all day long about people complaining how their furniture is damaged. 11 hour shifts of that will drive you wild.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Poor training, long hours, customer issues
Good Work Experience
The hours are great for someone who is young and single. Working in a warehouse exposes you to extreme temperatures. I learned a lot about doing inventory and restocking.

There is no potential for advancement and in almost 4 years I've not gotten a raise at all.
Dead end job
Furniture row is a really good place for somebody in college but not for a life time job. It has very little opportunity to move up and excel past the starting position
Awesome
Good place to work very family oriented and keep you pushing to be the better version of yourself. Awesome people that worked there as well. Always helpful
I believe in this company
You can advance with this company pretty quickly and they are committed to ongoing training even after you advance. If you have small children, it may not be the place for you unless you are above store level and can work remotely. Most of the Regionals are amazing. There are only a few bad apples.
Pros
advancement, training
Cons
single parents with small children need not apply
Poor Management
The company has potential to be a great career company, however the execution of the management training progression is poor to say the least. Unqualified candidates are moved across the country with little to no prep. Once at their temporary store, the training actually begins. Managers are giving the power to make choices and lead a team, but the training and support from upper management is misguided or not present at all. The disconnect between the various functions of the store shows this lack of leadership and experience.
Long days, coworkers are nice, management sucks, paid good.
The days were often long, working 5 days a week with almost no flexibility in work hours if you needed time off. The only positive thing about working for furniture row is that you're paid pretty good.
Fun environment
Super long days but really fun place to work. Multiple opportunities for advancement especially if you young an single but till very much a family company.
One of the worst places to work at
If your desperate for a job this place will work. But expect to be never good enough for management and your pay to be way worse then what they say you will make. The store boss will even give you a call if you quit yelling at you for not being better and how your making a mistake leaving this "amazing" company. Trust me avoid this place.
Do Not Even Consider It!
Management is poor; very toxic environment. Employees are 23+ years old and act so immature, poor example. Benefits are offered but not worth it. Expect to work long hours, no weekends, it is hard to request a day off.
Joke
Management is a joke. You have to work 50 plus hours to make any decent money. They expect you to work on your days off either shopping your competition or coming into work to make sales. If you have any doctors appointments s scheduled expect to cancel them. Since they never have a work schedule for the following week until the day before the new work week starts.
We receive great training; we have great co-workers, managers and customers.
On a typical day, we arrive an hour before we open so we can review quotes and current promotions, catch up on training, and do some tidying up. Once the store opens, we take turns talking to customers. We use a proprietary system to place orders for customers.
Pros
Have the option to become a manager
This place is a joke!
Absolutely horrible company! Never care about the people that make them money! Do not pay employees like they work them. Cost of living does not stop going up, and you are never given a review
Cons
Minimum wage for massive amounts of work
This company isn't what it used to be. When the kids took over, everything changed. You will do all the work from moving furniture, cleaning the bathroom, sales, customer service for minimum wage.

Management is a joke, both in store and upper, no leadership and every week is a threat about keeping your job. Everyone's replaceable, they don't care about you.
good working environment
good working environment , learned variety set of skills that can also be used outside of work . great management . flexible with vacation time and hours .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Furniture Row. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
1.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight