Furniture Row Employee Reviews

The Job does not care about you
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALAugust 8, 2018
I have been working there for a little over a year and and cant take a vacation cause all the managers are always taking there vacations every other week We are stuck in there for 11 hour no breaks cant leave unless boss says you can (which is usually only to get food and come back nothing more) Product is always back ordered so you cant sell whats not going to come in for 3-4 months but they force you to sell 45000 a month and if you dont meet company standards its a action notice Third one and its termination. And the store manager Comes and goes as he pleases while we never get a weekend of EVER.
Pros
massage chairs
Cons
Life is over and the company dont care to pay you enough to keep you
I don't beat around the bush so this is my unbiased review.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed most of my coworkers and management. I found by the end of my time with the company the Waterloo location while having a strong store leader, was constantly running into problems from poor communication and contradicting assistant managers. The foot traffic has been terrible for the 2018 year and if you want to try your hand at sales be ready for the 7I MINIMUM WAGE CHECK. Keep in mind they paid us an hourly wage before and it was livable. The corporate Sales Leader decided all stores even the garbage market ones should move to a commission. I can say from experience that in a single week in the June month I got 1-2 customers a day. That's not enough to make a living. With that being said I also noticed several times people were stealing others sales, notably an assistant manager on several occasions. Many of the same people that I have started with are now gone including a 5-year veteran of the store. With that in mind, there is no longer an oversaturation on the sales floor so you might be fine! Also be ready for the 9 AM to 8 PM hours and not having any weekends off at all. If you are looking for a job that fits this bill then you are the perfect pick for furniture row. Also, the regional manager is awesome but out of touch with the store. Some of us might still be around if our voices were heard and our problems addressed and handled.
Pros
The work is not taxing.
Cons
Ready the review.
Bad Place
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 17, 2018
Company is changing and direction moving is exactly like any other furniture sales job. Company does not care about their employees and lies to benefit the company.
Rewarding workplace
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 14, 2018
Furniture Row has by far been the best company I have worked for. The days are long, but if you're a hardworking person it is absolutely worth it. It is a commission based pay, which really makes you feel proud of yourself once you work up to that first big paycheck! If you're willing to put in hard work to earn money, it is definitely a great job. The management is great. They're extremely outgoing and friendly, and they make the 10 hour work days absolutely enjoyable! They will go out of their way to help you succeed.
My only complaint is one team member who is so competitive he pushes you out the door all while acting like a friend.
Pros
Hour long lunches, relaxed atmosphere, great management
Cons
Long days
Relaxed
Warehouse Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 27, 2018
Very family oriented. Family emergencies are always understood. Management is treated like friends and family. Manaement trust employees to the fullest extent.
Just don't do this to yourself.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TXJune 18, 2018
I came in and dealt with the same things everyone else did. Uncomfortable interview questions, people in management that get angry with you when the sales tactics they make you do (like stalking and being pushy) don't work, the very thinly veiled contempt you end up having for each other when there's a small group of people in a competitive environment, the days that drag because no one comes in. Honestly I'd have been much happier if they'd just let me clean the bathrooms and the floor all day. Those aggressive sales tactics from 1970 don't work. People want to look on their own and will ask questions if they have them. Your manager sure will have you follow them around though, doesn't matter that they told you they wanted to look on their own for a bit. They're aggressive by proxy and make you look like the jerk. Their money comes from your sales as well. That's why they're like that. I hated who I became when I was there. I ended up coming home angry and stressed every day. Furniture would come in wrong or damaged all the time, you're constantly having to defuse problems from not just your customers but everyone's. It's too much. If the sales aren't there, it's basically akin to torturing yourself. 7i is a thing where if you don't meet your sales commission goals, you get paid minimum wage for the hours you worked. It happens a lot. There's just too much antiquated (computers included) here and the market is already over saturated. Better hope there's not a port strike. People are generally not inclined to wait 4 months for furniture. The first 6 weeks with the guaranteed  more... pay are good, but after that, be ready to replace some drywall in your house because your fist will be on autopilot after this place is done with you.  less
Pros
If you want to kill yourself, this will give you the push you need to follow through.
Cons
Just.. Everything.
Fast paced
Customer Service; Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 20, 2018
A typical day would start early loading up the truck and then spend the rest of the day delivering furniture to the customers. Some days were simple and basic, others were long and frustrating.
Na
SM and OE/BEX Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 10, 2018
A typical day at work starts at 9am and you are there all day until 8pm, the hours are very long, and weekends are a must (no exceptions). I've learned the importance of teamwork and getting things done by their allotted time frame. The synergy across all three stores is good. The hardest part of the job is the hours worked and having to balance that with your personal life. However, the opportunity for advancement is great, you can literally make it to the corporate offices having started as a delivery driver.
Pros
Advancement and healthcare
Visual Merchandiser & Interior Design (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was a really good growing experience both mentally and professionally. If i did not have to move I would be working there still.
team
Bilingual Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAApril 16, 2018
very positive environment to work in. everyone is always willing to help one another. Very understand and especially flexible with the hours. always learning from one another.

Want to know more about Furniture Row?

Ask a question
Fast paced sales environment with much potential to make good commission.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 9, 2018
Sales oriented management position with great potential for advancement within the company based on performance. While working in management for this company it taught me many different aspects of management from handling a retail showroom floor, to managing a full sales staff and wearhouse.
Pros
bonuses and work load
Cons
Schedule and base pay
Good company of hard workers
Customer Service Techniques (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 2, 2018
They are a good company to work for, if you are looking to get started and want some good diversified work experience that is set up to interact with customers.
Dont waste your time
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2018
If I could give 0 stars, I would. to make this review quick I will list everything wrong with this position..

Management and store employees where fine.

Minimal communication, no clear job description or expectations leaving a lot of room for managers to take advantage of you.

No opportunity to advance.No raises or bonuses.

FAVORITES! I was constantly told how great the "regional designer" was but was never given any guidance/feedback or training to improve.

You will basically spend 10 hours a day dusting, pushing in chairs, fixing/cleaning up after customers when they mess up your displays, answering phones, assisting customers and trying to look busy on slow days. You will rearrange furniture each time a new marriage list/plan o gram comes out (which is often) with little to no help due to sales personal/management being busy.

Complaints to regional manager weren't taken seriously.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything
fun place to work if you like sales and interior design
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 24, 2018
Fun place to work if you like sales and interior design. There is potential to earn significant commissions in a short period of time. Strong sales people are rewarded with other things besides their commissions.
Pros
Strong sales people are rewarded.
Definitely a learning experience
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 12, 2018
I learned a lot about sales and interacting with people that I still use today. However, this company is terrible to work for. Upper management is generally invisible in operations and is feared. To be promoted from a sales consultant to a manager you have to divulge your entire left story to which they will ask personal questions about your childhood, family, and religion.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Excessive Hours, Upper Management
Not a place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2018
This job is very stressful you are customer service you have to set the floor when new furniture comes in without pay you have to clean bathroom without pay you work about 50 hours a week you are not paid until your furniture is delivered managers are commission based so be prepared to lose sales be prepared for trucks being full and small checks be prepared for damaged furniture and mad customers this place is out of touch with its employees
Pros
I liked my manager
Cons
Everything i wrote
Can be fun but very cut throat
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 2, 2018
Furniture Row is not bad company but is a very cut throat environment. what make is worse is you are competing for sales with your managers and they have a lot more experience than you so they know exactly how to maneuver and take sales that should be your.
Its a commission only pay after training period.
Pros
flexible but long hours
Cons
cut throat environment and commission only salary
Poorly managed company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 15, 2018
The pay here was decent but it can't make up for the lack of proper management. Manager admitted he usually passed most of his work off to one of his sales people. They play favorites and will cut their deliveries from your truck if they have an issue with you. Also let the other driver whine and make it unfair on the rest of the delivery personnel. It also doesn't help that the store manager is buddy buddy with the corporate manager so they often do what they want together. Highly recommend not working for this two faced company. Oh yeah, you also only get Easter, Thanksgiving(which is already your day off), and Christmas.
Pros
Decent pay if you get deliveries
Cons
Management is very horrible which leads to most everything else being bad.
Management needs to be changed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Had a terrible experience at Furniture Row. The Manager is the rudest lady I have ever worked for. She will be smiling and writing u up at the same time. Something is just not right with this lady. Until they get rid of her things will never change.
Benefits
Cons
To many to list
Delivery
Delivery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILFebruary 8, 2018
At the time management did not provide a efficient or effective workflow. Delivery drivers were expected to go beyond their scope of work in order to get their deliveries done each day. Compensation is completely based on commission but yet rather deceiving for a delivery team member when is comes to certain products and especially for returns or exchanges on your delivery tickets. In short, its more work than you signed up for and pay is misleading.
Pros
Away from the store
Cons
hours, pay, misleading

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Furniture Row. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight