Furniture Row Employee Reviews

They lied to us for months
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 17, 2018
When I started I was told I had job security. That we were a huge company doing well. The store closed after 8 months of employment. They did offer relocation to other stores, I decided to relocate out of state. A few weeks before moving I was told that the store I was moving to was going to close as well.
Zero communication and zero compensation. Not someplace I would recommend to anyone.
They expected us to work 8am to 8pm with only a half hr break. Pretty sure that's not legal.
If I could give them negative stars, I would.
Avoid this Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 8, 2018
The most disorganized company I have ever worked for. If you enjoy chaos as a part of everyday routine this is the job for you. No work place family balance. Poor training.
Cons
Terrible benefits, long hours
Dont waste your time
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2018
If I could give 0 stars, I would. to make this review quick I will list everything wrong with this position..

Management and store employees where fine.

Minimal communication, no clear job description or expectations leaving a lot of room for managers to take advantage of you.

No opportunity to advance.No raises or bonuses.

FAVORITES! I was constantly told how great the "regional designer" was but was never given any guidance/feedback or training to improve.

You will basically spend 10 hours a day dusting, pushing in chairs, fixing/cleaning up after customers when they mess up your displays, answering phones, assisting customers and trying to look busy on slow days. You will rearrange furniture each time a new marriage list/plan o gram comes out (which is often) with little to no help due to sales personal/management being busy.

Complaints to regional manager weren't taken seriously.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything
No room for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2018
This company started off wonderful. Family owned and family oriented. Now, it's cut throat; if you're not following the guidelines to precision, you're expendable. The health insurance is a joke, The hours are open to close 5 days a week, and upper management has no clue what goes on in the store. Your regional won't have your back, the corporate office won't listen to your suggestions, and good luck getting in touch with hr. Retaliation is a thing here, which is sad to say. You can make decent money, if you're willing to come in on your days off considering you will not get your customers sale of you're not at the store. Product is infamously backordered so good luck trying to get product in to get paid, or to make the sale better yet. And all of the product is becoming big lots quality, cheap and replaceable.
Pros
Good hiring process that you will get along with most everyone who works there
Cons
Long hours, no one to back you up
Time wasted
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, IASeptember 6, 2018
I never figured out where they came up the "average" income that I was told I could make. At the time there was only 1 salesperson that making above "average" and everyone else was far below. And that was working 6 days a week from open to close. The market was just too saturated with competitors.

At first I thought the computer I was shown was some sort of joke. But nope, they were seriously using ancient tech. It's like there's some deep-seated fear of progress and efficiency at the heart of the company.

Also customer orders would always take far longer than promised. But make sure that management isn't listening if you try to convince customers to take what's in stock. Instead, you end up waiting weeks for stuff to show up, keep stalling the customers and then try to act surprised when it shows up damaged.
Pros
At least nobody can hear you cussing in the warehouse
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Great place to learn sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 15, 2018
Furniture Row is a good place to learn sales. Focus is on customer experience, not high pressure tactics. Promotion is 100% from within and can be rapid if willing to relocate.
Pros
easy job to make a decent living and promote up in.
Cons
work/life balance is not good; 48-50 hour weeks, working every weekend and most holidays.
Can be fun but very cut throat
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 2, 2018
Furniture Row is not bad company but is a very cut throat environment. what make is worse is you are competing for sales with your managers and they have a lot more experience than you so they know exactly how to maneuver and take sales that should be your.
Its a commission only pay after training period.
Pros
flexible but long hours
Cons
cut throat environment and commission only salary
Delivery
Delivery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILFebruary 8, 2018
At the time management did not provide a efficient or effective workflow. Delivery drivers were expected to go beyond their scope of work in order to get their deliveries done each day. Compensation is completely based on commission but yet rather deceiving for a delivery team member when is comes to certain products and especially for returns or exchanges on your delivery tickets. In short, its more work than you signed up for and pay is misleading.
Pros
Away from the store
Cons
hours, pay, misleading
Rewarding workplace
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 14, 2018
Furniture Row has by far been the best company I have worked for. The days are long, but if you're a hardworking person it is absolutely worth it. It is a commission based pay, which really makes you feel proud of yourself once you work up to that first big paycheck! If you're willing to put in hard work to earn money, it is definitely a great job. The management is great. They're extremely outgoing and friendly, and they make the 10 hour work days absolutely enjoyable! They will go out of their way to help you succeed.
My only complaint is one team member who is so competitive he pushes you out the door all while acting like a friend.
Pros
Hour long lunches, relaxed atmosphere, great management
Cons
Long days
furniture row
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 15, 2018
Long Hours and no work life balance. Lots of room for promotion if you are wiling and able to move. very high turnover rate. training pay is nice. no vacation first year working there.
It's not worth your time
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 10, 2018
It's not really worth anyone's time. There are 3 managers running around and not on the same page. We have a sofa mart side and an oak express side. There will be 2 sometimes 3 people on each side, and you will be unloading truck when it's colder than heck out and they'll expect you to drop whatever you're doing just to get whatever they need for them when they could grab it in 2 minutes. Management gives you the run around. They are all a bunch of BS'ers. Don't let the BS fool you. I was also shorted on a pay check. I had to be mean to get anyone to talk about it and when they finally did, I got the whole so and so forgot this and so and so was on vacation. This place isn't worth anyone's time. I highly recommend NOT working here
This place is unfair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2018
I was recently let go from Furniture Row because of a co-worker said that another co-worker was smoking pot outside of work, and said I knew about it, when in reality I knew absolutely nothing. But, because said had already told the regional manager that one co-worker was smoking and that I knew about it, I was forced to resign. The store manager is a complete joke, who screws over his assistant managers and employees all the time and he lies on the time sheet saying he was there all day, when in reality, he left at 3:00.
Cons
No paided breaks, having to do things that the managers wouldn't do themselves, ridiculous HR policies
Management needs to be changed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Had a terrible experience at Furniture Row. The Manager is the rudest lady I have ever worked for. She will be smiling and writing u up at the same time. Something is just not right with this lady. Until they get rid of her things will never change.
Benefits
Cons
To many to list
Great if you're just there Temporary
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 10, 2018
Its commission. Out of state business. If another recession came, most likely you can get laid off.....and even if they let you go on good terms, they'll wont hire you back!
Pros
Cons
Hard work, Long Hours.
good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 25, 2018
furniture row is a good company to work for, it defiantly help you grow and promote employees to a higher position within a very short time dependent on how fast you want to move on with your career.
Pros
good campany to work for.
Cons
you have to move everytime you get promoted.
The Job does not care about you
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALAugust 8, 2018
I have been working there for a little over a year and and cant take a vacation cause all the managers are always taking there vacations every other week We are stuck in there for 11 hour no breaks cant leave unless boss says you can (which is usually only to get food and come back nothing more) Product is always back ordered so you cant sell whats not going to come in for 3-4 months but they force you to sell 45000 a month and if you dont meet company standards its a action notice Third one and its termination. And the store manager Comes and goes as he pleases while we never get a weekend of EVER.
Pros
massage chairs
Cons
Life is over and the company dont care to pay you enough to keep you
Meh it happened
Sales Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 26, 2018
Working at the Fort Collins furniture row was an interesting experience. The store manager and assistant store manager were both pretty cool. As for the job itself, it was pretty awful. An average day here is extremely boring and seems to drag by. You start at 9am and get started by turning all lights and tv's and getting a pot of coffee going. Then you make sure the bathroom and salesfloor is clean (yes you the salesman are in charge of cleaning the facilities). Then you pretty much just sit around the rest of the day and hope that you get a customer when it's your turn to try to make a sale that's looking to buy furniture. Unfortunately this location is located walking distance from American Furniture Warehouse so it's difficult to close a sale. When you do get the sale though, hopefully it's a decently priced item because you are paid on commission here. To make matters worse, you won't see a dime from that sale until that furniture you sold is actually DELIVERED to the customer though. So if they change their mind or can't have it delivered for weeks you won't see any money until then. Plus the guys that work in the warehouse need you to sell as well because they get paid off of comission as do the delivery drivers, not that that should add any extra pressure for you. You don't really get any breaks or get to leave the salesfloor for lunch because if you do then you could miss a sale. So if you don't mind working from 9am-8pm (including weekends) and getting paid on commission (upon delivery) then this isn't that bad of a gig seeing as how for 9 hours of the day you pretty  more... much do nothing otherwise.  less
Pros
Store management, free coffee!
Cons
Boring, terrible pay structure, long hours
Good place to work, hard to balance life and work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 14, 2018
the company has a really good vision of where it is going as long as you have a solid regional above you're store manager. The management at a store level is great and very personable always looking to help the staff grow within the company. The company culture is something to be envied by many others they truly put time and effort towards their people and they treat their people as human beings and not just numbers on a clip board. Love the position and company but needs to figure out how to help their management team members out with some sort of average pay so that they can be actual managers of their store. But hard to have any sort of life out side of the job due to the long hours.
Pros
Meeting new people and potential for a good living
Cons
hard to balance work and family time.
Long hours.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 11, 2018
Long hours and hard to sell sometimes. Company was great to be with and if you love to travel this is a good one to be with all the way. The training makes ot easy to learn the product.
Excellent Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 5, 2018
I highly recommend this company, especially to people that are looking to get into sales and are willing to work hard to advance. They will invest in your future! The hours can suck from time to time and you do have to work on weekends and holidays, but it is retail. With that being said, for it being retail they do their best to make sure that you work the same schedule every week!
Pros
Advancement opportunity, truly performance based, great upper management.
Cons
Hours suck from time to time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Furniture Row. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight