Fusion-io Employee Reviews

Most rewarding and enjoyable experience of my career.
Staff Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  SLC, UtApril 2, 2017
The summary says it all. The teams were wonderful, with work environment was mostly amicable. Some political drama developed when additional teams from another state were brought on-board and spent their time trying to usurp the company and move it to their locale. In the end, the additional management became overwhelmingly risk-averse, and the product offerings suffered until wall street noted the inevitable lagging sales, and the whole enterprise failed. But, while it lasted, it was the greatest thing I have experienced.
A very involving experience, excellent team
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 26, 2015
A very nurturing place. Was given excellent project as an intern and the freedom to explore different design options. Had lot of fun activities for interns organised by the HR.
Excellant place to work
Project Manager - Data Systems (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 11, 2015
I had a number of interesting work assignment including:
There was no such thing as a typical day, the work was ever changing.
I learned how to perform SOX reviews and how to manage mobile devices.
Management pretty much gave assignments and got out of the way so that I could work.
My coworkers were very friendly and interesting.
The hardest part of t he job was learning the audit process and specifically getting support from others who were already too busy. The most enjoyable was when I succeeded at refining the process.
Pros
Free Lunch every day, excellent working conditions and good pay
Cons
This job was inconsistant with my previous work experience
Best job experience I have ever had.
Staff Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  salt lake city, utahMay 28, 2015
Fusion-IO started out the dream job I always new had to exist somewhere. The company culture was energetic, playful and fantastic. There was always something to celebrate. And they didn't go cheap. The engineers were actually esteemed as a value to the company, not freaks to hide behind a door. We created a market, owned the market, and the world was our oyster. There was always plenty of follow on work, and the projects we were working on had reasonable schedules and expectations. Everybody in the company had a vital role to play, and we were all in this together. It was heaven.

But then, they hired a whole cadre of ineffective, risk-adverse executives who only promoted themselves while locking the company up in analysis paralysis and creating competing departments within the company. The culture was replaced with back-stabbings, finger-pointing, and gridlock. Market windows were missed, market leadership dwindled, morale plummeted. Eventually, we were bought for pennies on the dollar.

But I will always remember Fusion IO for the company it was when I arrived and long to have that experience again.
Great company to work for and my co-workers were professional.
Sr. Sales Ops Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Fusion-io/Sandisk. I learned so much a grew within in my position.
Pros
Free Lunches, Yoga lost of fun activities.
Innovative
International Accounting Manager / Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahJune 16, 2014
Working for Fusion-io Inc. was refreshing. I worked with innovative and forward thinking people.
Management was open minded and flexible.
The work was challenging and goals obtainable.
Pros
Fusion-io Inc. Had an in house cafe with great selections
Great work atmosphere
Quality and Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJune 7, 2014
Everything was great there .
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
fun place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 28, 2014
good place to work. good and smart people. good perks and benefits.
na
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 26, 2014
Backup accounting and other backup systems with Commvault
Awesome tech job, teams work hard,
Lead Generation Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtJanuary 20, 2014
Loved the job. The sales team works very hard. The sales management is still working out some bugs, but for almost every aspect I can think of, this company is great. Love the people, culture, parties, and the relaxed professional environment.
Pros
Free lunches, ping pong, drinks, benefits, etc.
Cons
Nothing bad to say about the company