The politics, administrative incompetence, and being expected to teach courses that aren't within one's expertise. Fusion only cares about taking money from wealthy school districts via school vouchers; admin only pays teachers for FIVE minutes of planning time per class per week and thinks nothing of giving teachers EIGHT back-to-back classes. Administrators actively target anyone (teachers, staff, even students) who don't fit their model, who are not WASP males, or who are professional teachers. The latter might seem counterintuitive, but they avoid hiring professional teachers because they'll be more likely to object to some of the more questionable practices, e.g., encouraging students to prolong graduation to keep paying tuition, pressuring teachers to give As to students who do no work, and targeting other teachers for termination if they become unacceptably popular.
The head of school micromanages and is fake.
Money, a couple of difficult colleagues, lack of direction.
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Fusion Academy?5 people answered
- What are the working hours and salary ?5 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Fusion Academy?4 people answered
- What benefits does Fusion Academy offer?4 people answered
- What is Fusion Academy sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?4 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Fusion Academy?4 people answered
- What is the average salary for teachers at Fusion Academy?4 people answered
- How often do raises occur at Fusion Academy?3 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at Fusion Academy?3 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Fusion Academy?3 people answered