At the mock lesson, be ready for a defiant student. Don’t try to teach the lesson until the student puts his or her cell phone in a pocket and keeps it there. Calmly ask that they not look at their phone during the session. Let him or her fiddle with pencils and rulers. ADHD kids benefit from that.
I would not recommend that anyone work at Fusion due to the organizational problems and limited ability for promotion. Even as a temporary gig, the sheer cost to go to work here is not worth it in this economy, as the Fusion campuses are only found in wealthy areas of major cities; unless you're looking for a few hours here and there and are willing to sacrifice opportunities for actual part-time or full-time work, it's not cost effective to work here.
Show them that you know your stuff!
Fusion's model is different than a traditional school. They're focused on supporting students who are overlooked and fall through the cracks in traditional settings.
Focus less on making money, and more about actually EDUCATING the children.
- What are the working hours and salary ?5 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Fusion Academy?4 people answered
- What benefits does Fusion Academy offer?4 people answered
- What is Fusion Academy sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?4 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Fusion Academy?4 people answered
- What is the average salary for teachers at Fusion Academy?4 people answered
- How often do raises occur at Fusion Academy?3 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Fusion Academy?3 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at Fusion Academy?3 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Fusion Academy?3 people answered