Fusion dental

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Fast paced, but fun environment to work in.

Featured review

Fusion dental selected this as a representative review
Friendly and encouraging group of people to work with. Doctors know what they are doing and are extremely helpful to their patients. Typical day is fast paced, but enjoyable because of the variety of different people you get to meet. Almost everyone in the office is bilingual which I find very impressionable. The hardest part of the job is the work load when there are people short, but it is doable. The most enjoyable part is treating patients, or helping others in their duties along with your own.

There is potential to be great

Fusion needs to stop shaving down the staff. They're trying to do more with less people. Hiring outside companies to do some of the work is creating more work for the desk people and then the patients yell at us for not answering the phones or fixing their bills. Management was a joke. They kept firing managers. Training was OK. Their dental program is only used by them so it doesn't transfer well to a new office. Pay was OK. Insurance was expensive. I liked most of my teammates but there wasn't a team feeling.

Work here at your own risk

If you do work here, be sure to assess the values of management and how they value people. Most work environments emphasize collaborative work and honesty. That was not my experience.

Very content with my experience

This review is for Fusion in bethesda. The staff is very happy and the work environment is very laid back. Hours are convenient and great pay. Office manager is receptive and doctors really want everyone all assistants and staff to be happy.

Pros

great pay

Cons

some days start at 7 am

The most enjoyable part of the job

The co workers and doctors are amazing. Work very well together and the patients notice that and appreciate it . Teach work and communication are very important in a large practice like fusion.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

good

great employer good work environment great hours friendly colleagues best commute good CE Uniform help opportunity to grow mentorship multiple departments

Pros

excellent

The office was more concerned with the top dollar versus the employee. Very poor place to work for if you exude any confidence in your work.

If you missed days due to family being sick or you being sick, you were treated as if you committed the most reprehensible crime there was to commit. They always expected you to put job before family no matter what the situation was.

Overworked and underpaid

Management shows favoritism and only cares about production so they can get their bonuses. Only the manager’s favorite DA’s get bonuses and raises. Too much drama.

Pros

Occasionally get free lunch

Cons

Everything else.

Run!

It's a total of 40 employees. Most of the people that work there gossip, have bad attitudes and have serious nicotine issues. Some are very disrespectful to the doctors. The management is terrible! She's nice at first but takes sides and doesn't take the doctors or staff interest at heart. The doctors there are great and the office would excel if they had better management and cared for their employees.

Pros

Kind doctors

Cons

Poor management

Staff family oriented

Made many friends over the total years I worked there. Management horrible.. unfair situation .instead of siding with employee of years . just put more responsibility and less concerned for her well being..non professional things went on regularly..

Pros

Great patient care

Cons

Unfair manager

Jobs at Fusion dental

See more jobs

Good learning experience

Enjoyed working there, hard to keep staff. For the most part, doctors were great, some of the staff were difficult to deal with, upper management was good but sometimes tough to nail down to receive help/answers.

Not a great place to work at all. The management or lack there of management is horrible. People do what they want. Speak to patients however they want. It’s like a zoo in there.

Pros

Cons

To many to list

A fast paced dental office

A fast paced dental practice. Terrific location. Complex computer system. Terrific doctors. Friendly and helpful office manager. Up to date training offered at multiple locations.

Don’t do it

Pay raises are not given, the doctors are great, but they don’t have any input. The head doctor is very demanding, demeaning, and verbally intimating..They make it nice in the beginning because they are in desperate need of employees, but then the true colors show. You are just thrown in there. The software is only for Fusion and takes time to learn, but that time is not allowed.

Pros

Med insurance, 401K paid holidays

Nice Environment

Fusion Dental was filled with friendly faces. Everyone is willing to help each other get the job done. Checking people in and out, checking insurances, phone calls, and customer service.

Amazing Opportunities at Fusion Dental

We have a strong team that works well together and is always looking for ways to improve. We are competitive with one another when setting goals and are always trying to be the best. We have a great team of doctors that provide exceptional care to our patients. We have unlimited opportunity for professional and personal growth and have a strong support team in place.

Pros

Flexibility, Great atmosphere, Benefits package, Growth opportunities, Great management team

Cons

High standards of performance, juggling multiple demands

Enjoyable place to work

I would go back there if I could. Pay was comparable to other practice but the doctor I worked for was exceptional. He was very professional, and a great leader.

Worst manager I have ever had

Manager walks around trying to find gossip instead of actually doing her work. Nothing gets resolved because she refuses to do anything unless HR specifically tells her to and even then its a slow process. Most of the employees are amazing but you can tell the job is taking a toll on them.

Every day at Fusion Dental

I ran all 5 locations of the Orthodontic departments of Fusion Dental. I oversaw all the persons working and trained the new people coming in. I often drove to Virginia to two of the locations which was my hardest part of the job. I loves all my patients and my co-workers in all of my offices. I love to work with others and to make people smile. I learned to have patience with having so many different offices and working with many different walks of life. My typical day was a walk in the park because I'm good at what I do and anything I have difficulty in I have no problem asking for help and I take others help and any kind of put in they have well especially when it benefits me to improve my work skills.

Pros

Working with all different types of people.

Cons

Traveling so far away.

Great young dentist with good dental and communication skills.

The day is very busy with patients coming in approximately every 30 minutes to an hour. During this time you are answering the phone, verifying patients insurance eligibility and presenting treatment plans. Management is fantastic always ready to help. The hardest part of the job is trying to do all the above at the same time. However, meeting and helping patients is extremely gratifying.

Pros

Always allows a lunch break for an hour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fusion dental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fusion dental