FusionStorm Employee Reviews

No consideration for the company employees
Logistics Technician/Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, CASeptember 5, 2018
-low ball on pay
-raise maybe every 2 years( cents)
-long working hours
-treated like robots
-politics

I would never recommend this company to anyone. I've worked there for 4+ years and was dedicated to them only to be fired for personal reasons. They reward the employees with food like how parents reward kids for good behavior. Ridiculous. Do not expect a raise or bonus. Expect to miss any vacations, family events, etc working here.
Pros
Employees will make you feel like family. Very outgoing employees.
Cons
treated like a robot.
Account Support Representative/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2018
Management was not fair, a lot of favoritism. Working remotely didn't have the opportunity to collaborate with extended team. Didn't have the opportunity to advance.
fun workplace & culture- tough place to begin
Account Executive Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2018
FusionStorm is filled with great people and gives you a tremendous financial opportunity. The sales leadership is dedicated to helping reps close deals and are flexible when it comes to that. I was able to learn about the entire sales cycle and how to work with partners and manufacturers, while being able to help build solutions that work.

The main drawback is the lack of help they have for young sales people. It is very tough work getting traction in the industry and building a legitimate book of business. Unfortunately, FusionStorm did not have any program to help young people grow and be successful.
Pros
Good Culture, good benefits
Cons
No development program, difficult to begin here.
Role Responsibilities
Sr. Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 18, 2018
Charged with delivering complex technical infrastructure Implementation and Consulting services; including Business Continuance/Disaster Recovery, Storage (NAS, CAS, SAN), Backup/Recovery, Virtualization, Archiving, Network, Data Center (Implementations, Consolidations and Relocations), and Email services.
Pros
Flexibility and Autonomy to make decisions
Good Learning work place
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 18, 2018
Am very glad that i worked in FusionStorm. Had Great experience in working at FusinStorm. I had a very great manager and was very blessed.
It was very nice to work with the team.
Innovative Company
SR. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2018
VAR space is challenging due to constant change. FS is aware and trying to make appropriate changes. Some really good people there, all trying to make a difference. And those that understand the mission is to ensure customer success... well those are the ones that get it. Good company with it's own challenges. YMMV
Pros
Lots of education opportunity from vendors
Cons
work/life balance can be tricky
Great place for me
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMarch 2, 2018
Working at FusionStorm was my first time being in an enterprise workplace. I had learned a lot from my leads, management, and senior co workers. I really have nothing bad, to say about FusionStorm.
Good Environment
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 28, 2018
A typical day is to review my emails and answer those before stating my work. The hardest part of my job is correcting issues made by others. Tax is constantly a learning experience as states change their rules, laws, and regulations.
Competitive environment
Senior Network & Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Competitive environment. Lack of collaboration across lines of businesses. Poor management. Probably one of the biggest mistakes I ever made working for this company.
Pros
Salary
Ok
Sales Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MADecember 14, 2017
The company was great about work/life balance, but there was zero job security. Many people I work with feel they could be gone at any time. Benefits were OK.
Pros
Pay was good. Most people are very nice.
Fusion Storm is not an equal opportunity employer
Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, CANovember 19, 2017
Managers, and old timers will only support and protect their own people. Mostly Indians and Filipinos. If you are not an Indian or Filipino they will not extend your contract.
Pros
There is no Pros
Cons
Racism
Not compensated well
Logistics Lead (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAOctober 12, 2017
I am a LEAD but i do not get any premium pay for it. Some companies give 10 percent premium pay when you are the in Lead position. They also do not pay premium for swing shift.
Pros
Free lunches, Bbq
Cons
Raise are not guaranteed
Great Company to work at
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAOctober 5, 2017
Very good company, Work Environment is very competitive and seniors are very supportive. Manager is very good and he help us in every way and great platform to get expose to different technologies
High Stress self motivated envirenment.
Client Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2017
If you are not self motivated, this is not for you. sink or swim. If you find the right people, they will help you to succeed. typical work day is sitting at a computer checking emails.
Pros
Self motivated workforce, benefits
Cons
poor managment, undercompinsated, managers don't see first hand what they're employees due thus undervalueing them.
Fast paced work please a lot of incoming shipping and outgoing shipments.
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 20, 2017
Great place to work co workers were good at the tasks very helpful all of the work was done everyday so it wasn't so stressful for the next day I learned some tech work working there at fusion storm I learned how to package properly and send out shipments. Overall a good job other than it was temporary.
Pros
Good money easy work
Cons
Lot of traffic
Horrible place to work!
Procurement Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 26, 2017
Horrible Company!!!! Where can I begin... well Procurement and Finance group is hostile towards everyone. They overwork and stress you with long hours. There are no benefits to working here. STAY AWAY! You have been warned!
High turnover in employees
Accounts Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MA 02038July 8, 2017
Before considering working for this company, I would recommend listening to more than one persons opinion. The work culture is difficult to say the least. There are some good people still there but Management is non existent. Do your homework before excepting a position here.
Productive and fun open place
Entrepreneurial Spirit (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJune 9, 2017
Pro:
Employees have flexibility to work from home, out of regional offices, etc

You get to work with great people that are working hard to be successful

Con:
Like most small companies you have to stand on your own two feet. There is no hiding within the organization.
Pros
Employees have flexibility to work from home, out of regional offices, etc
Cons
Like most small companies you have to stand on your own two feet.
Fusionstorm
Logistic / Data Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAMay 25, 2017
Working here for 5 years but no raise no recognition.

I was working with different projects/ clients and different Project Managers but hardly getting recognition on this workplace.
Fun and productive working environment
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 25, 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working at Funsionstorm. I loved that the employees were themselves, at the same time worked very hard even if it required working overtime. It showed how much they were dedicated to their job. I also enjoy the family environment that was present. Everyone was so willing to help. If something went wrong, they worked together to correct the error and get it done. It was something I was amazed by.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FusionStorm. Our community is ready to answer.