Futures Education Employee Reviews

I love working for Futures. Flexibility
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAMarch 7, 2018
Working as a COTA for 9 years in Everett MA has been a great experience for me. I have met so many talented team players. I have made many long lasting friendships with SLP s,SLPAs, OTRs, PTS and teachers. I look forward to coming to work everyday because everyone is friendly right down from the Principsls to the Custodians. I would definitely work for Futures healthcore.
Pros
People that you work with. Flexible hours
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Great Experience
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 5, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for the team. We get to work with children and truly focus on outcomes. When I have issues, my regional manager helps provide the support I need.
Love Futures! Greay place to work and caring team
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2017
Futures is a great place to work. The superviser is very supportive and they are accommodating to your needs. When you go into a school, you go into the school as a psych, nurse, sw, and slp team. i worked for futures for 3 years and loved every minute of it. i would definitely recommend this company.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Time card is consuming.
A really uncaring company
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 13, 2017
I was placed in a school in a high crime high poverty area. Every other person placed has absolutely no experience, at least not the kind necessary for the areas in which we worked. There was no training and support. First of all, the manager in Michigan is a sullen, ill tempered, know it all. She does not respond to hostillity in the work place, and disregards any complaints in spite of the fact that she was a speech and language pathologist, she provides little to no support. Once hired, you are forgotten and there is no caring about the students. I will say the compensation and benefits were above average and if you are in a profession for a pay check alone and no caring you would enjoy working for them.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Not good enough to make up for the lack of management and support.
Disappointing employment
SLP (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
Futures was a company that is all about the dollars and cents in their pocket, with no care of student needs. They want to prioritize documentation and paperwork to the point that it takes away from student success and quality therapy. They expect the arduous billing system to be completed on your own time rather than during the work day.

Very difficult to get in touch with management and supervisor when support was needed. Reached out several times and took so long to hear a response that the information was then irrelevant.

I would strongly encourage you to look at another contract agency before considering a position with this company.
High pressure, lots os energy required
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 8, 2017
Great benefits working with this company. Your job security is not a priority for this company. The case load and work load is not well balanced and you will be required to do lots of paperwork with out compensation.
Pros
Pay on time, everytime
Cons
High volumn, high energy, high demand
standard
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  azMay 1, 2017
Reporting hours is an arduous and draconian process. Salary is above average. Conventional responding by administration; fearful of loss of contract by company.
Pros
salary
Cons
see above
Ups and downs
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Futures ChicagoMarch 30, 2017
I worked with some really great teams in my schools and learned a lot in my position. I always felt like I could approach other clinicians and my supervisor with questions. Unfortunately, Futures lost a major contract my 2nd year and there was some uncertainty about what our placements would look like the following year. The benefits working for Futures are nowhere near what you would receive working directly for a school district. Unlike, other contracting agencies, you will not receive a higher salary/rate to compensate for the loss of sick/personal time and a pension. Futures says they are not a contracting agency, but they essentially are. I received no PTO my first year because I did not know to negotiate for it and the most sick/personal time they would allow in anyone’s contract was 3 days. Some specialties like OT and Speech were paid a lot more, which made it seem like the other specialties were not as valued. I found it very difficult to find doctors near my neighborhood that would accept the national health insurance provided to me by Futures. I think this can be a good agency to work for to gain experience, but I wish I had asked more questions before signing my contract. I had no idea I could be bumped from my school, if they decided not to contract with Futures. Clinicians also frequently got moved to different buildings because a principal complained about someone. One of my schools had 3 different speech pathologists and 2 different nurses in the same year. I did not feel my supervisor had a good understanding of the counseling professions and things  more... like confidentiality and therapeutic relationships. You can’t just substitute one clinician for another and expect a child to adjust to having their service provider changed multiple times in a school year. Concerns about the lack of office space for clinicians and having to do paper-work and see children in the halls were not taken seriously.  less
Pros
teams I worked with
Cons
poor benefits, no pto unless negotiated
Great staff with lots of support
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2017
I have worked with Futures for 4 years and love my team. I can reach out to any of my fellow social workers or other clinicians at anytime for advice, resources and support. My supervisor is supportive, understanding and tries hard to meet everyone's needs. Working inside Chicago Charter schools can be challenging at times, but I feel supported by Futures and all of my schools this year have welcomed us and made us feel like we are a part of their school staff. Overall, I feel this is a great company to work for!
Never Again
Swindled Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2017
Cumbersome daily data entry. Poor oversight with management and no support for employees. Management was stressed and complained about all of their duties and not having the time to do things. Working for Futures was a nightmare!!! Give your time and skills to some place else. Do not waste your time here. I wish I had a warning.
Pros
Other companies are hiring
Cons
No future with futures
Poor support and disorganied Chicago Leader
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2017
Work here if you want a supervisor who never contacts you and you
cannot contact no matter what. A supervisor who thinks she knows everything and the employees she supervises are to be manipulated and not recognized. Also, she shows great favortism among employees and will call one employee over and over and receive calls, but another employee next to her never has any communication. Very poor Chicago supervisor. I was a RN School nurse in Chicago charter schools from 9/2015 to 6/2016.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership and supervision
Terrible Work Environment
SLP (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJanuary 10, 2017
Working for Futures in Everett is a joke. Everett Admin hates Futures because the staff is transient and Futures thinks Everett Admin is ridiculous. The staff isn't adequately trained for the levels of behaviors and actually PICK UP behavioral children and carry them from one location to another to 'support' the transition. If you want to implement ethically questionable strategies, have no money for resources, be filed on by DCF, or feel like an absolute outcast with no support, work here.
Pros
Management is MIA most of the time.
Cons
Company hates the district and vice versa
Angry slpa
SLPA (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 20, 2016
Schools hire Futures because it is much cheaper for them. It means they don't have to provide decent benefits such as affordable health insurance or any basic necessities such as breaks or a lunch. I see 50 kids a day and the case load increases every week. I have 0 supervision and the SLP's are unwilling to sit in or give any advice at all. You are treated as an outcast by employees at the school. Futures is only concerned with making a profit. They understaff all of their schools and your "boss" visits you twice a year. No one emails back if you're interested in summer work and you are provided no resources. Even having a four year degree you will still be paid an unlivable wage assuming you have student debt. Work for a school not a dodgy middleman company. Trust me on this.
Pros
Cons
Wage, no breaks or lunch, insane case load, no supervision, treated as an outsider by teachers
Good results matching employee strengths with contract requirements
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2016
Provided services to students diagnosed with disabilities, first at a high school, then an elementary school. A great opportunity observe, interact, and learn about what our young people are going through in this day and age. Supervisory staff provided support, recognition, and constructive criticism. Co-workers were genuinely concerned about each other, and providing support to each other. Hardest part of the job involved the physical requirements, mostly walking around large campus area throughout the students' day. The most rewarding aspect of the work was seeing students' growth and development with academic requirements, conflict resolution, communication, and building a solid platform for their adult lives.
Management is unorganized
ABA Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 20, 2014
I have only been here a short time and I am ready to quit. The manager is always right and everyone else is always wrong. I understand the ABA program has only been running for a short time but that is no excuse for being unorganized. All ABA's make the same pay rate no matter what your education level (high school, associate, bachelor, master). You do not get a lunch break either. I gave this company 3 stars because I am learning while I am here.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management, unorganized
Great place to work.
School- Based Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 24, 2013
This company was very supportive of its employees. Very competitive salary. Provided team building activities that promoted professional development, and improved work place moral.
Pros
Great compensation.
Cons
None.
dysart school district
SLPA (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZMay 1, 2013
school made a lot of changes through the year , but my caseload stayed around 70 kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Futures Education. Our community is ready to answer.