Futurity First Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Self reliant
Self motivated
Innovative
High paced
Commission based lifestyle which is not for everybody
Lots of product learning involved
Must stay light on your feet
Lack direction
Sr. Case Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 15, 2018
Futurity first attempted to start a business office however, they lack the direction needed to be successful. With workers that have experience in the industry they still were not able to accommodate the process. They are looking to hire and pay cheap salaries for 4x the work.
A really lousy experience
Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2018
I met some nice people, but that's the end of it. As soon as I signed up, they closed the office I was in. Then they closed another office. The third one was run by a nice guy who had no idea how to manage and support agents. It was a disaster.
Not Happy
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
I didn't feel that I was a good fit for this position and the company did not seem to care about they're employee. I have work for many companies and never have I work for a company like this
Cons
Great company to work for
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 15, 2017
This company does whatever it can to help you advance your career. This company also knows that family is important and that family comes first. I would highly recommend this company.
Growing pains with SMS ownership
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2017
Depending on the office you work out of, so it's the culture and compensation. Some offices are all about splits. You're a captive agent and thus the commissions can be 50-40% below street level. The hope is that you'll make quota every month to get bonuses and thus make up for the very low commissions. They push the sale of annuities and large life insurance cases. There's no much money in selling Medicare supplements or MAPDs. Lots of call calling and they do it the way they learned it at Bankers Life Insurance. Very poor presence in the digital world and can be a nightmare when the wires between Senior Market Sales and Futurity First cross. Very bureaucratic and don't expect too much transparency when it comes to knowing the level of splits beforehand.
was anew copany with many flaws,
Branch Manger (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAMarch 28, 2017
This company was brand new when they started, had many growing pains, especially in administration. concept of the company was excellent, but execution, was poor.
Great Company To Work For
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 24, 2016
As an Office Manager, I learned a lot working for Futurity First Insurance Group. It gave me the opportunity to meet a lot of people in the insurance business, giving me knowledge of different insurance policies...etc
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Company Corporate office location
Very good company to work for, they make you have all the tools you need to succeed.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMarch 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Futurity First Insurance Group, the company provided all the training and tools you need to succeed in the insurance business.
Pros
Bonuse
Cons
The Corporate Office in located in Rocky Hill Ct
Futurity First
Assistant to the President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTFebruary 1, 2016
Futurity First insurance group enjoys a family culture where everyone rows the same boat. Great group of people to work with.
Treat employees very well
Financial Planner/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 9, 2013
Excellent company to work for. Organized weekly seminars to senior couples usually.bought lunch and made powerpoint presentation.
Pros
Paid monthly
Cons
Brokerage fees to hold licences high
Turn-key insurance and financial planning company for new and veteran agents/managers.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 2, 2013
They were a great company. Everything about them was first class. They were a start up company owned by a hedge fund and when the recession hit they were forced to re-organize and were eventually sold to another company.
no a good place for agent
Atlanta South, Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  marietta, gaMay 30, 2013
The company has failed its agents (closes offices, terminate every agent, no warnings) the day office closed we had 3 hrs. to remove our property. slow pay out commision. i would not refer this company to any agent. my worst experience in my career.
Pros
Cons
none benefits do not really exist.
New business with growing pains
Branch Agent (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook ILMay 14, 2013
If you're a veteran of the insurance business, Futurity First might be a good fit since it offers a broker as well as a career track. Some of the administrative functions don't run as smoothly as they could, but it's a growing company with a good track record with its clients
Pros
working from home, good culture
Cons
commute to Oak Brook for required meetings if you don't live nearby.
Great place for a career within the Insurance and financial service industry.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2013
The office has a great atmosphere and my associates help with questions that come up. A great learning enviroment without much supervision.
Hard part is constantly looking for a new client.
Pros
great feeling when you are helping people.
Cons
it is 100% commission based.
Branch Manager was a pleasure to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAApril 1, 2013
It was such a short time period for working for the company. I was the only employee but the company did have a contact person to help you out with any questions or concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Futurity First Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Futurity First Insurance Group Reviews by Location