Fuyao Glass America Inc Employee Reviews

decent job
Closer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 23, 2018
its a paycheck, busy all the time due to glass from the line. Fun environment sometimes when there is no drama at all. Management is good as well. Every job is like what I described though
Pros
3 breaks, double time on hoildays
Cons
needs better communication and get away from swing shift
-semi temp supervisor
Loader (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 30, 2018
She made my life hard there! The Chinese culture do what they want and how they want! They changed my 8hr schedule with no notice from 12hr and expected ppl to drop there life and dedicate it to them
Pros
Security is very well managed and TIGHT!
Cons
Not worth 950 no-weekly
Worse place I’ve ever worked for
Glass Inspector (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHSeptember 1, 2018
Management is horrible . They basically hire anyone off the streets with felanonies , etc. can’t understand them half the time cause of the culture difference . Safety is out the window. Any overtime you don’t get paid for . It’s too hot . It’s miserable
Don’t do it
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 26, 2018
No safety at all was fired over the phone when I took 5days off for my fathers death. Supervisor told another coworker they were going to fire me before I knew so coworker called me
Decent work enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 20, 2018
So far I enjoy working with this company. They have
great benefits, I enjoy the culture of the company but the management could be a lot better. Also there is no job security, at all.
Most frustrating company I have ever worked for
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 30, 2018
No english speakers in my whole department so communication is extremely difficult, especially when you throw complex projects in the mix.
They constantly lie to the customers and have extremely poor production practices. If you suggest an improvement it immeadiately gets shot down because you're an American but magically 2 to 3 weeks later your idea is implemented and no gratitude is given.
Would not wish this company on anyone unless you have a desire for gray hair.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Way too many to list
Working 12 hour shifts at last minute
Tempering (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 29, 2018
The disrespectful was real in there supervisors where rude!! Couldn't understand half them Chinese people and for the people who been there 1+ years think they are better then new hires
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
Very disorganized management
Manager (Former Employee) –  DaytonMarch 4, 2018
Disorganized management. Perpetual chaos. Terrible understanding of how Americans work. They expect people to say "yes sir" and be done with it..Your opinion doesn't matter. Many people have decided to leave.. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Reasonable benefits
Cons
Work you to death. Will not listen to your input/ideas/experience
Good pay but that’s about it.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Fuyao isn’t the worst place to work. My pay and benefits are fair. There is a lot of confusion between Chinese workers and American workers because of the language barrier. The Chinese workers are not made to follow safety rules. Quality and safety go out the window when it comes to numbers. There is a lot of shutdown time with no pay unless you have vacation time built up. Then after you use a day or two here and there, you have no time to use for a real vacation. Vacation is accumulated on a monthly basis. 1 day per month is earned. Management needs more training.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short work weeks with no pay
Fuyao need to be willing to listen too workers and be willing to change.
Lamination Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 16, 2018
They have no compassion for your Life or Family. They believe you should Live to Work. We believe you Work to Live.
A lot of the Jobs need lift asset. To keep employees from getting injured.
Pros
I enjoy the type of work I did.
Cons
They have no compassion for your Life or Family.
To many things wrongbinvyhis plave
Glass Inspector (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJanuary 27, 2018
I worked there and got hurt, not even on my job. It was an OSHA violation that got me hurt. I had to have three surgeries. I was called and told I was being terminated. No loyalty. There is many safety problems there. The Chinese and Americans have comunication problems. Not a safe place to work.
Pros
Pay not so bad.
Cons
So many safety issues. No loyalty to the workers.
quick paced,multiple task all the time
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2018
there are much work waiting for you everyday. I have to review more than 100 emails everyday. Could not get much support from managers.Tthere are less collaboration between departments.
Pros
invollve more task
Cons
stressful
Ok place to work but no fun
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 11, 2018
Very good company to start with from 2014, but more and more difficult to work here, because of company culture, more and more people quite the job because of the work environment.
Terrible.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 3, 2018
I am not a slave. I can not speak Chinese and do ten jobs. I don't like be threatened with termination at risk of my own safety. High risk job low pay
Pros
Cons
High risk job low pay. Communication issues
Rewarding Workplace
Print Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moraine, ohioDecember 21, 2017
New company was not prepared for all the ups and downs of running a glass company. Working with foreigners and unable to understand their language was very difficult. It was also exciting to witness how different the foreigner work ethics was different from Americans.
Pros
Working with foreigners
Cons
Unable to understand language
Good place to get experience
Material planner (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 14, 2018
It was ok to get experience working at a Tier 1 supplier. Very diversified and a lot of experienced to work at a Chinese plant. Different cultures are respected very well
Worst place I've ever worked.
Bystronics Operator (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHAugust 1, 2017
It's more than a language barrier. It's down right the worst place to work. No safety what so ever. The Chinese do as they wish with no regard to any rules but their own. Constant changes to work requirements and threats of reprimands and termination. They need to pack up and go back to China!
Pros
Cons
No breaks and lunch in certain areas/jobs, Constant 24 hour production, Manpower issues daily, Terrible management company wide.
Fuyao
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHJune 29, 2017
A typical day at work was operating a forklift picking up glass and delivering to proper warehouse locations. I learned the manufacturing aspects of a glass manufacturing company. Management was indifferent. The workplace culture was stressful. The hardest part of my job was putting the glass up on the racks. The most enjoyable part of the day was talking to the employees.
Only Good Pay but Not Compared to What You Devoted
Private (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 15, 2017
The management team doesn't care what people think and only demand what they think is right (most of the time are not). They don't keep their promises to employees.
The company doesn't have a set-up job description, so that they can easily add responsibilities to the employees. If you do your work well, they will add things to you.
Pros
Pays good
Cons
Bad management, Poor corporate Culture, No set-up standards
Summer work
Associate Production (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHAugust 5, 2017
I liked working here few years after the company opened but now there is so much work expected to be done in a short period of time. Workers expected to outperform the desired outcome of the day and so far once that is met everything goes well. #morework/moremoney