Fuzzy's Taco Shop Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
it was the worst
cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
honestly this job was the worst at first it was nice but then the owners changed and they were really the worst do not work here its just so chaotic and the management sucks
Pros
nice staff
Cons
everything else
This job was the worse job i ever had
Cashier/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCJune 28, 2018
This job is a complete nightmare. The management cares for no one and the salary isn't enough for anyone to live off of. The food is no where near authentic and they will over work you and either doc your pay or some how always make a mistake. My advice to you all never work at this place if you care about yourself and your family. Because they do NOT!
It was just getting started
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 22, 2018
I don't blame the company for the opening of the restaurant. Clearly they picked the wrong management the first time as she was too playful and did not understand the serious requirements for opening a store. she was very lenient with the staff and let them do what ever they wanted. it was one of the best jobs i had but unfortunately they had to close due some poor upper level decisions. We were left without receiving final compensation and had to beg for w2 forms because none of the managers had any information.
Pros
free food given a 10 dollar meal limit
Cons
closed down
Poor former management but great environment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 22, 2018
I had a very horrible general manager, but she is no longer there. I even would go back and work here again. Great environment if you can handle a fast pace job.
Pros
Half price food, great training
Cons
Poor management, fast paced
Friendly, fun, and casual workplace.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 18, 2018
Fun casual workplace with a focus on guest satisfaction and improvement on group work as well as teamwork. The environment is welcoming and coworkers are always friendly.
Pros
1/2 price food.
Fun workplace made so by the people
Cashier and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 4, 2018
The staff and the brightly colored decor set the tone for what working at Fuzzy's was like. It was typically jovial with normal levels of stress when rush hour hit or other misfortune befell. It was relaxed and teh food was good during your break. It was all that could be expected from a taco shop.
Fun place to work,love the employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 19, 2018
Awesome place for a quick paced , meet new people,fast friendly service awesome food the typical day was very fast constantly moving always new faces. It literally just opened so the training was good but the open was a little off. A rocky start,but has flipped the store twice
Pros
50% meals
Cons
Loose employees
The people are nice
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 17, 2018
I really liked work at Fuzzy's. I think what kept me there were the employees. They were so genuine and real. But the owners are very conservative and are strike on who they hire. That was the reason I left, I was working too many hours since they didn't want to hire anyone else.
Fun workplace when ran accordingly.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMay 16, 2018
Fuzzy’s Taco Shop allowed me the build in a way that I didn’t think was possible. It made me become a better people person and taught me to solve difficult problems in the workplace.
An Okay Job
Kitchen, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 14, 2018
This job works very well with your schedule and the culture there is usually pretty relaxed. That is until you are in the middle of a rush having to make thousands of tacos during the typical saturday diner hours. Then it is very stressful and for very below average pay.
Low End Mexican Restaurant
Cook/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 8, 2018
Aside from extremely busy days where a line can wrap around the block, this restaurant was mainly a location for college kids to gather and drink cheap drinks and eat cheap Mexican food. This restaurant did not use my abilities in the way it should have and placed me at positions that I was good at but not where I was best at.
hands down best place ive ever worked
Kitchen Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXMay 7, 2018
fuzzys bastrop aswell as all my former co workers are amazing people i absolutely love everyone there they took me in as a newbie and loved me like family
Fuzzy's Taco Shop
Bartender/Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 22, 2018
Hectic and chaotic Fuzzy's is a great place to work on being productive during high impact periods. A tight knit culture between employees and management creates friction at times.
Fun and productive
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 4, 2018
I love working here. The atmosphere is laid back and working at the bar is so much fun. The only problems are when the manager is aloof and therefore inventory isn’t done right. When this happens we are out of some of our most popular items making the customers unhappy and doubtful on returning.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Constantly having different managers who never seem to get the hang of things
Good company to work for
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2018
I became more knowledgeable about the managing part of the business. Hardest part was working too many hours and couldn't spend time with my children.
fun, fast-paced at times, good environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 3, 2018
fuzzys is a very fun place to work at, it’s extremely easy going if u do ur job. fast paced at times but easy to keep up with. very good work environment
Pros
50% off meals
Fast-paced environment
Cashier/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 20, 2018
I enjoy fast-paced environments. The only problem I had while working here is being low on money even though I worked as much as I could. I did not think it was fair that the tips were shared with everyone.
Pros
fast-paced
Cons
shared tips
A great place to work, but too many cuts are being made
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 17, 2018
Business has been rather slow lately, leaving not much to do, I have learned the stresses of becoming a manager, which I think would be a much better experience anywhere else, management, at the request of corporate, keeps cutting hours which has left us in some tight spots more than once, workplace culture varies quite a bit, though many of the employees have little to no ambition to work, the hardest part of the job is trying to recover on a busy day when we have a bare bones staff and not enough things have been prepped for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is our regular customers who come in just to see the employees and give us a breath.
Pros
Reasonable discounts for food, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, long hours, bare bones staffing, not enough prep on busiest days
Bad Communication
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Coworkers spoke only Spanish so I wouldn't understand what they were saying.I was being blamed for other people's mistakes. The tips were divided among the entire group, which was nice.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
they didn't provide proper cleaning equipment water proof boots etc.
Busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 26, 2018
You usually work 6-8 hour shifts and you are on your feet the ENTIRE time so wear comfy shoes. If you do not like cleaning up food this is not the job for you, all employees are expected to clean.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fuzzy's Taco Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight