FW WEBB Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Actual work typical, management and culture terrible
Selector (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NHApril 29, 2018
The actual job was typical. Hard work, some heavy lifting, but nothing off the wall. Goals were attainable. Many of the other guys working there are great guys. A small handful, however, are nothing but punks and management let them get away with EVERYTHING. Up to and including constantly poking fun at you and hiding behind the job and their relationship with high ranking management.

This particular high ranking member of management is the biggest pompous jerk you will ever meet in your life. You will go to sleep at night wishing you could sink a fist in his face. Very frustrating place to work because of the management. And not because they make the actual job bad in any way....just the way they talk to and treat people, and you have no avenue for voicing your concern.
Pros
Good, honest work. Benefits
Cons
Attitude of Management, Pay
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Connecticut TerritoryApril 12, 2018
The largest wholesaler in the Northeast, the environment is fast-paced, professional and the atmosphere is conducive to controlling your own destiny. We are at the top in our industry not only in the Northeast, but moving along the coast down through Pennsylvania and beyond. Our company is very family oriented and has an unlimited capacity to further your career.
Pros
Compensation benefits.
Based On Time
Night Warehouse Crew (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 14, 2018
I was a student attending school in East Windsor. Connections helped me with being offered a job while in school.
It was a great place and I only left as I moved home upon graduating..
Well established supplier with a "boy's club" culture.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJSeptember 8, 2017
FW Webb is a well-known northeast based industrial supplier. I met a number of good people there. However, the branch that I worked out of was a bit of a boy's club. That said, I performed the best that I knew how.

It's like a lot of sales jobs these days - a lot of micro-managment. Be prepared to document your actions every day and account for the activities you do in CRM. Managment makes this part of your job performance. Do as they ask and play by their rules. Work hard and do your best.
Pros
Worked with good people internally and built great relationships with customers.
Cons
Boy's club
good
Warehouse Receiver, delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Winslow, MEAugust 30, 2017
Good company to work for. can be fast or slow work environment. good hours and holiday pay. most holidays off with floaters. Profit sharing through company.
Would not tell anyone to get a job there
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NHJune 12, 2017
F.W. Webb was a back braking place that made you keep a high number of correct picks. Every day you work its mandatory over time and you stay till its done.
Great Company to work for
Sale representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford MaMay 31, 2017
Spent 23 years at this Company before retiring, great employees made a lot of friends there over the yeas Benefits were fantastic great balance of work and family life. Most people do not leave this Company unless they are retiring.
Pros
Employees become family members
Cons
Long days as an outside sales Rep.
Fast pace work. Long hours.
Insides Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 23, 2017
Company takes care of employees through great benefits, profit sharing. Each of the 90 branches are unique. Many avenues to take in this company. High stress environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
High stress enviorment at times.
Bye-bye life
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 13, 2017
You have to be willing to sacrifice family life over your work life. Wages & benefits are great but the mandatory overtime leaves you with no time for family. A typical day starts at 7 am and varies when you leave-sometimes not until 7 or 8 pm usually everyday. The best part about the job besides the pay is you co-workers.
The hardest part besides the long hours is managements harsh attitude in the treatment of its employees.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long days
Always did extra things for employees
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 16, 2016
Typical day is making sure trucks are loaded. Worked well with management . Always did extra runs with them whenever asked. Great with overtime. Liked my co-workers,
Pros
great insurance and benefits
Cons
communication
Productive and effective workplace with light beverages and snacks available throughout the day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MADecember 30, 2015
Busy and attentive work that keeps you focused on the task at hand. Multi-tasking is a must for this work position with the chance to create your own work routine at your pace.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Minimum guidance
Fun place to work!
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 20, 2014
I enjoyed working for FW Webb. A day in the life of Webb employees was always interesting, time consuming and eventful. The best part of working for Webb was its employees. They were fun, smart and always made the day brighter for me.
Extremely fun enviorment!
Warehouse Distribution (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 28, 2012
This was a great company to work for. I learned a lot about working in a warehouse, forklift operation, and the product that was being distributed. The co- workers and management were fantastic! Unfortunately, the bad economic times resulted in me getting laid off.
Pros
very laid back atmostphere.
Amazing company to work for.
Industrial Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 21, 2012
F.W.Webb is a leader in New England's Plumbing, HVAC, and Industrial marketplaces. They have a specialist for any area of the industry and treat their employees great. They are always expanding also.
Pros
great benefits, nice people, tons of locations